Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 219 of 255 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3819
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Lol lets justify trading every player on the team by pointing out a player around the league who is better than them.

I'll start. Gerrit Cole needs to go if some team will take him. He is no Jacob deGrom.
    Dude, he gave up runs! He blows. He totally failed. He also walked guys and gave up hits!

Torres is so fat and out of shape, he must have eaten a whole hot dog stand. He's so lazy.

Ignorance is bliss

Anyone else starting to get nervous about the lack of official announcements regarding the signings of DJ and Kluber? Its been about a week now since "sources" said they had agreements in principle with the Yankees.

Tjey have to clear 2 40man roster spots before they can officially announce those deal. Cash has 2 either find a trade or release 2 guys. I'm sure he's looking for a trade

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Tjey have to clear 2 40man roster spots before they can officially announce those deal. Cash has 2 either find a trade or release 2 guys. I'm sure he's looking for a trade
    This is often the case along with physical checkups, which they can delay acquiring the results of for weeks.

In Klubers case I imagine they are looking over the medicals with a fine tooth.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    Talking Torres... I would not be quick to judge him based on a 60 game shortened seasons. Yes, his defense was down... but at the same time.. his offense was way off too... It's hard to compare his 2018 and 2019 numbers on D because he played second mostly with a little bit of SS... but in 2020, his offense sucked too.. If it was only his defensive numbers that dove.. I'd say he's not a SS and move on... but it wasn't.. he didn't hit for **** last year either. Not like the guy we've come to know from the last several years. That tells me that the numbers from that 60 game shortened season should be treated as an outlier not the expected norm.

I think the Yanks are noticing that too and with the volume of high level SS scheduled to be UFA's next year... along with their desire to get back under the limit this year... that you'll see them use 2021 as year to see if he really can do the job. I think he might have been injured. Not enough to keep him out, but enough that it slowed him down both offensively and defensively.. 2021 will show us for certain.
    Offensively, I think he was effected by the stress of playing SS and being out of shape. He'll be fine offensively as long as he doesn't try to emulate the Sanchez machismo and pull everything.

Defensively, I have many concerns. He doesn't have the lateral quickness or arm strength and you just can't teach that. Perhaps he compensates by focusing on positioning and improves slightly, but I think that just takes focus away from his bat.

He needs to be a 2B.

Yankees just signed Wojohowitz. Is Fish far behind?

MLB rumors: Yankees sign ex-Orioles starting pitcher
    Updated Jan 21, 2021; Posted Jan 21, 2021
    Asher Wojciechowski
    Right-hander Asher Wojciechowski agreed to a minor-league deal with the Yankees on Thursday, according to a report.SYR

Facebook Share
    Twitter Share
    shares
    By Brendan Kuty | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
    While Yankees general manager Brian Cashman works to make a big splash, he’s looking at low-risk options, too.

Enter: Asher Wojciechowski, the ex-Orioles right-hander the Yankees added on a minor-league deal Thursday, according to USA Today’s Bob Nightengale. The pact will pay him $750,000 if he reaches the majors, Nightengale said.

The Yankees are the ninth organization for Wojciechowski, 32. The Blue Jays drafted him in the first round (41st overall) out of The Citadel in 2010. Last season, he went 1-3 with a 6.81 ERA in 10 games (seven starts) with the Orioles. Baltimore designated him for assignment in September.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Parade!

Ignorance is bliss

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Hank Aaron

R.i.p.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Yankees just signed Wojohowitz. Is Fish far behind?
    That may fly over some heads born in the 80's - 90's.
    Stan 'Wojo' Wojciehowicz and Phil Fish were characters from Barney Miller an American sitcom set in a New York City police station on East 6th St in Greenwich Village. The series was broadcast from January 1975 to May 1982.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Hank Aaron

R.i.p.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    R.I.P Hammerin Hank.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Stan 'Wojo' Wojciehowicz and Phil Fish were characters from Barney Miller an American sitcom set in a New York City police station on East 6th St in Greenwich Village. The series was broadcast from January 1975 to May 1982.
    It was a test. I was wondering whether anyone would get the media reference. Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    i am old enough to remember watching barney miller and yes abe vigoda is now dead..

Hank Aaron career MLB ranks:

Hits 3rd
    HR 2nd
    Runs T-4th
    RBI 1st
    XBH 1st

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    i am old enough to remember watching barney miller and yes abe vigoda is now dead..
    I still recall the bass in the opening music credits.