Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3834
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Fangraphs projected SP WAR 2021 leaders:

1. Yankees 17.4
    2. Mets 17.3
    3. Padres 17.1
    4. Dodgers 15.8
    5. Nationals 15.1

thats a little surprising to say the least. I sure wish the would add one more starter
    Does the Mets WAR include Thor? Same with Yankees is that with Sevy?

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Does the Mets WAR include Thor? Same with Yankees is that with Sevy?
    I am sure it does because ZIPS and Steamer already have projections up for Syndergaard and Severino in abbreviated 2021 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I am sure it does because ZIPS and Steamer already have projections up for Syndergaard and Severino in abbreviated 2021 seasons.
    Cheerfully optimistic. Let's all hope.

Cheerfully optimistic. Let's all hope.
    I'm not one to give a ton of credence to projections. Its nice to see when they represent your team positively but there is too much room for error. One major injury alone basically puts those projections to bed.

As some rumors start coming out about Castillo, I can't help but wonder if the Yankees wouldn't have been better off to:

1. Trade for Lindor/Currasco instead of signing Kluber; and
    2. Include Torres in a package for Castillo.

Any thought?

According to Andy Martino of SNY, Tanaka is looking for a one-year contract worth between $15-20 million.

https://sny.tv/articles/how-corey-kl...nkees-rotation
    The only team I see matching that in the MLB is perhaps the Angels, if the lose out on Bauer. I think he's worth $10-15 to an MLB team. He will probably get higher than that in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Fangraphs projected SP WAR 2021 leaders:

1. Yankees 17.4
    2. Mets 17.3
    3. Padres 17.1
    4. Dodgers 15.8
    5. Nationals 15.1

thats a little surprising to say the least. I sure wish the would add one more starter
    Obviously this doesnít apply to Oct baseball. And that is where it counts.

Find out the WAR for SP since 2010 for all teams that played in Postseasons whether it is one season or two, ect.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Obviously this doesnít apply to Oct baseball. And that is where it counts.

Find out the WAR for SP since 2010 for all teams that played in Postseasons whether it is one season or two, ect.
    That would really be a rather inconsequential list seeing as how there is so much turnover from year to year, let alone over a whole decade. Not to mention it'd also be a pretty small sample size.

Do you all feel that Gleyber Torres is just another Roberto Kelly type player?

One that had already peaked and that will be traded for veteran that has potential and whose swing is more suited for a Yankee Stadium. Kelly was the golden child in the 89-92 seasons and it was a shock when he was dealt but the scouts knew better and getting Paulie was a huge piece for the dynasty years.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Playoffs is nothing but small sample size BS and some people act like it is the end all be all. People said A-rod and David Price were chokers and awful in the playoffs for years until they weren't. Now all they are known as is playoff heros. People say Stanton can't play in the playoffs and his style doesn't translate to postseason success. He mostly carried the Yankees in the playoffs this past year.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm not one to give a ton of credence to projections. Its nice to see when they represent your team positively but there is too much room for error. One major injury alone basically puts those projections to bed.
    I agree. My cheerfully optimistic was intended as sarcasm directed at the projections.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Do you all feel that Gleyber Torres is just another Roberto Kelly type player?

One that had already peaked and that will be traded for veteran that has potential and whose swing is more suited for a Yankee Stadium. Kelly was the golden child in the 89-92 seasons and it was a shock when he was dealt but the scouts knew better and getting Paulie was a huge piece for the dynasty years.
    I think Gleyer has a chance to be an excellent player for a long time, just not at SS. His biggest challenge is that he has a little bit of the Robinson Cano laziness in him.

Earlier, I was just questioning whether Lindor/Castillo/DJ is a stronger unit for the next 4 years than
    Gleyber/DJ.

Let's face it, the back end of Stanton/Cole/DJ (and we can probably add Judge to that) occurring simultaneously is going to be pretty ugly so we better win one in the next 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Playoffs is nothing but small sample size BS and some people act like it is the end all be all. People said A-rod and David Price were chokers and awful in the playoffs for years until they weren't. Now all they are known as is playoff heros. People say Stanton can't play in the playoffs and his style doesn't translate to postseason success. He mostly carried the Yankees in the playoffs this past year.
    The playoffs are all about starting pitching. They make the biggest impact come Oct.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    The playoffs are all about starting pitching. They make the biggest impact come Oct.
    Top four pitching teams (by WAR) last year were Indians, Twins, Reds, and Brewers. The year before it was Rays, Dodgers, Twins, and Astros. Playoffs are more about timely hitting than anything in my opinion. The playoffs are also about well rounded teams. It isn't like teams win solely due to pitching and have a subpar offense. Almost all the winners have an elite offense as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    As some rumors start coming out about Castillo, I can't help but wonder if the Yankees wouldn't have been better off to:

1. Trade for Lindor/Currasco instead of signing Kluber; and
    2. Include Torres in a package for Castillo.

Any thought?

All the ppl still talking about Lindor