Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 205 of 256 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3833
    My ignorance is fully admitted, what injuries has Kluber had and what are his pitching strengths ?

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    My ignorance is fully admitted, what injuries has Kluber had and what are his pitching strengths ?
    Injuries limited Kluber to one inning last year and 36 2/3 innings the last two years combined. Shoulder injury last season (Grade 2 tear of the teres major muscle in the back of his right shoulder) and a broken forearm in 2019.
    Last edited by drt1010; 01-16-2021 at 11:39 AM.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Here is what I came up with searching online:

May 2019
    Ace Corey Kluber exited Wednesday night's 4-2 loss to the Marlins in the fifth inning after being struck by a comebacker.
    After the game, it was revealed that he sustained a non-displaced fracture of the right ulna, the longer of the two bones in the forearm.
    He will be re-evaluated in Cleveland on Thursday to confirm the diagnosis and determine a timetable.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________

July 2020

Two-time American League Cy Young winner Corey Kluber could be done for the season after only one inning for the Texas Rangers.

He has a tear in a small muscle in his right shoulder that won't require surgery, but even in the best-case scenario in this shortened season, he won't throw again for at least four weeks, which is when he will be evaluated again.

Kluber was placed on the 45-day with a grade 2 muscle tear in his shoulder.
    In a 60-game season, that might mean he's done for the duration, and even if he returns,
    it might not be in his normal role, as team president and general manager Jon Daniels told reporters

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Injuries limited Kluber to one inning last year and 36 2/3 innings the last two years combined. Shoulder injury last season (Grade 2 tear of the teres major muscle in the back of his right shoulder) and a broken forearm in 2019.
    Seems to me that Cashman loves to imagine he is going to lauded as a genius if Kluber returns to Cy Young level. I don’t know about this, seems like a worse Paxton risk.

Seems to me that Cashman loves to imagine he is going to lauded as a genius if Kluber returns to Cy Young level. I don’t know about this, seems like a worse Paxton risk.
    Nah I wouldn't be that concerned. His two injuries are not major concerns IMO, the only issue is his limited innings and how long and far he can pitch after missing pretty much 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    Nah I wouldn't be that concerned. His two injuries are not major concerns IMO, the only issue is his limited innings and how long and far he can pitch after missing pretty much 2 seasons.
    That sounds even worse.

Yep there is risk. Caution advised. However I am also cautiously optimistic. He is gambling on himself on a one year deal, suggests he feels good. His showcase impressed the scouts. We have Cressey and Blake on board to help.

I'm torn. On one hand I am scared shitless with his recent injury history on the other he's a two time CY Young winner on a one year deal.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Yep there is risk. Caution advised. However I am also cautiously optimistic. He is gambling on himself on a one year deal, suggests he feels good. His showcase impressed the scouts. We have Cressey and Blake on board to help.

I'm torn. On one hand I am scared shitless with his recent injury history on the other he's a two time CY Young winner on a one year deal.
    After his injuries think he will return to his high levels at his age ?

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Guy was a top 5 pitcher from like 2013-2018. If he can return to 75% of what he was, that's still a hell of a pitcher.

One injury was a freak injury(liner hit him)

The other is a shoulder(obviously concerning)

But with some of the Yankees top guys working with him in the off season, them being Klubers recovery staff(even before him being a Yankee) and clearly having an advantage in his medicals, if they're willing to risk it, I put my faith in them.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

This signing feels like a NY Knicks type pick up....

Two dozen teams attended Kluber's workout and, by all accounts, scouts came away impressed. He showed good velocity on his fastball and good spin on his breaking pitches. He's a command and control guy who will eat innings. Also worth noting not too many players steal on him, stellar pick off.

From 2014-18, the right-hander was one of the game’s premier pitchers, working to a combined 2.85 ERA while striking out 28.5 percent of the hitters he faced against just a 5.2 percent walk rate. Only three of the 179 qualified starting pitchers in that time period — Chris Sale, Clayton Kershaw and Max Scherzer — topped Kluber’s 23.3 K-BB%. MLBTR

Two dozen teams attended Kluber's workout and, by all accounts, scouts came away impressed. He showed good velocity on his fastball and good spin on his breaking pitches. He's a command and control guy who will eat innings. Also worth noting not too many players steal on him, stellar pick off.

From 2014-18, the right-hander was one of the game’s premier pitchers, working to a combined 2.85 ERA while striking out 28.5 percent of the hitters he faced against just a 5.2 percent walk rate. Only three of the 179 qualified starting pitchers in that time period — Chris Sale, Clayton Kershaw and Max Scherzer — topped Kluber’s 23.3 K-BB%. MLBTR
    that kluber no longer exists why bring up his former self stats? and in his prime he got beat up twice by the yanks in the post season of 2017

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    that kluber no longer exists why bring up his former self stats? and in his prime he got beat up twice by the yanks in the post season of 2017
    Why don't you write to the people who wrote the article to complain about why they brought up his relevant stats.

I'm sure they'd love to hear from your whiney self.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...-25-teams.html

Last edited by OhSoSlick; 01-16-2021 at 12:27 PM.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Guy was a top 5 pitcher from like 2013-2018. If he can return to 75% of what he was, that's still a hell of a pitcher.

One injury was a freak injury(liner hit him)

The other is a shoulder(obviously concerning)

But with some of the Yankees top guys working with him in the off season, them being Klubers recovery staff(even before him being a Yankee) and clearly having an advantage in his medicals, if they're willing to risk it, I put my faith in them.

Let’s do the math, 25 percent less wins, 25 percent less strike outs 25 percent less innings from his CY Young numbers, those figures worth it ?

Let’s do the math, 25 percent less wins, 25 percent less strike outs 25 percent less innings from his CY Young numbers, those figures worth it ?
    Uhh .... yeah .... absolutely

I highly suggest doing some research on what kinda pitcher he was and his #s

Guy was one of the best in the game in the 2010s