Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Thats a huge jump, ill be very very surprised if he gets that much based on a 60 game season. He was on pace for 50+ hr , 130 rbis over the course of a full season. Thats a middle of the order bat in any lineup, especially a team thats lacking offense. I'd offer Cleveland Voit, Andujar and a spec for Lindor. I would say depending on the spec thats as good of a package as Boston got for Betts.

Adding Brantley and Lindor would be a hell of a good tweak to our lineup IMO.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    I really want the Yankees to let Andujar have chance next year. I think out of Voit, Frazier and him, I think he could be the best overall hitter. Obviously his best position is DH. His salary I believe will still be low as compared to Voit and Frazier's which are going up significantly. That's why I've been an advocate of the Yankees moving Voit and Frazier for someone like Lindor or a TORP. Not many teams can move players like Voit and Frazier while having a quality hitter like Andujar ready to take their at bats.
    I don't think andujar will be on this team next year. Same with Sanchez.

Some rumblings in the industry that both are requesting a trade.

Honestly, I'd be 100% on board with trading them both.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Oh crap!

Hey man.

Long time, no see.

How’s the family?

The job??

Everybody in good spirits???

You guys hanging in there????

Man, it’s SSOO good to hear your voice again after all these long minutes.

So........a penny for your thoughts on the state of the wor.....................whoops, banned ‘round these parts.
    I know, solid minute since we spoke on the island.

Familys great.

Jobs great.

Yeah everyone is doing well, all things considered.

Yes sir.

I missed your voice too, boo.

How are the buffets treating ya?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Funny you should mention all of those examples........it’s almost as if those very points may have may have been utilized somewhere before.

Let us not forget that Severino pitched to a stellar 5.83 ERA his first full season in the bigs.

Let us also not forget that Severino mentally imploded (I believe that he never actually possessed the mental acumen/fortitude/disposition required for the task) not once, not twice, but a stellar three consecutive playoff years in a row.

Let us not forget Severino forgetting the start time to arguably the biggest game of his career in a postseason must-have.

Trash is something that is both fetid and odious and needs to be discarded without question or hesitation.

I believe it is a perfectly apt and appropriate comparison.
    Yes we have heard those names before. I don't believe Severino belongs in the group or in any way remotely eligible for inclusion.

I can't / won't argue his postseason record or performance. Forgetting the start time is inexcusable and unacceptable. That said, I prefer to keep him rather than discard him as trash. Imo he is too valuable an asset, particularly against the back drop of the current rotation woes. Yes get Bauer. But imo that does not preclude giving Sevy a fair shot. He's 26, too young to give up on, but getting to an age when it's time to perform when it matters most. I get it.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

I really want the Yankees to let Andujar have chance next year. I think out of Voit, Frazier and him, I think he could be the best overall hitter. Obviously his best position is DH. His salary I believe will still be low as compared to Voit and Frazier's which are going up significantly. That's why I've been an advocate of the Yankees moving Voit and Frazier for someone like Lindor or a TORP. Not many teams can move players like Voit and Frazier while having a quality hitter like Andujar ready to take their at bats.
    Yanks have alreacy said that Stanton will be only used at DH as long ashe's a Yankee. We don't need a full time backup DH. Remember how fans were on Frazier for his fieldig two years ago. Andujar makes Frazier look like Jason Heyward by comparison. No, I agree Andujar will be used as the primary chit to get pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Thats a huge jump, ill be very very surprised if he gets that much based on a 60 game season. He was on pace for 50+ hr , 130 rbis over the course of a full season. Thats a middle of the order bat in any lineup, especially a team thats lacking offense. I'd offer Cleveland Voit, Andujar and a spec for Lindor. I would say depending on the spec thats as good of a package as Boston got for Betts.

Adding Brantley and Lindor would be a hell of a good tweak to our lineup IMO.
    I like Andujar (as a hitter) but if he (and pieces) gets Lindor or TORP, I'd do it in a heartbeat lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Yanks have alreacy said that Stanton will be only used at DH as long ashe's a Yankee. We don't need a full time backup DH. Remember how fans were on Frazier for his fieldig two years ago. Andujar makes Frazier look like Jason Heyward by comparison. No, I agree Andujar will be used as the primary chit to get pitching.
    I believe Andujar is the youngest and cheapest of our trade chip hitters while also having the lowest value at the moment. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if he stays with the Yankees and if he does, I believe he can rebuild some of his value as long as he gets at bats. But I also wouldn't be surprised he gets traded this off season, if it helps the team I'm all for it.

I believe Andujar is the youngest and cheapest of our trade chip hitters while also having the lowest value at the moment. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if he stays with the Yankees and if he does, I believe he can rebuild some of his value as long as he gets at bats. But I also wouldn't be surprised he gets traded this off season, if it helps the team I'm all for it.
    With Stanton as the full time DH, where do you play him to get those at bats? He's a butcher at third and, at least so far, hasn't looked much better in left.

Andujar has no place on this team with Stanton as the dh and Frazier cementing his job in the lineup

Astros are about the pull off a repeat of 2004 . Rays pitching is just burned out

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Astros are about the pull off a repeat of 2004 . Rays pitching is just burned out
    astros have a lot of players built for the playoffs altuve springer correa...

astros have showed me more guts then the yanks.. this post season..

correa a free agent after next year at 27 years of age...

I like Andujar (as a hitter) but if he (and pieces) gets Lindor or TORP, I'd do it in a heartbeat lol.
    I'm surprised he's still a Yankee, I thought he would have been shipped at the deadline. He's young with a great bat, his value is as a trade chip at this juncture.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

lindor had a bad ending to the season and the playoffs. plus i do not know if he will conform to yanks hair policy