Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 256 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 3834
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,020
    I am willing to bet Boone gets an extension . Hal and cashman love rewarding failure

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,915
    you can't have judge and stanton both on the team one has to go to many strikeouts plus they are injured every year.. probably judge since stanton contract is impossible to unload then sign brantley he can play left.. frazier can go to right...cashman and hal won't spend huge bucks no chance they will sign bauer.. first they do not want to spend the bucks for him plus he is a primadonna not a yankee type... i'm saying it first yanks won't change lineup except maybe brantley and one more bullpen arm. hader i hope.. but as for the starters they will go cole deivi monty german and sevy when he comes back..if that is the case prepare for another dismal end to next post season..

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,644
    Love Tanaka but if he does not return I can live with it. Team has to think critically and have no favorites. They need a vision and have to implement it. Maybe Cashman has to go to get fresh eyes without loyalty and favorites to any players or coaches. Should be interesting.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,284
    1. Re-sign DJ
    2. Listen to offers for Gary
    3. Make some cheap offers to David Robertson, Dellin Betances and Wade Davis to shore up bullpen
    4. Trade or get rid of Lasagna, Holder and Cessa
    4. Contact the Cubs and see if they'll accept a salary dump trade of Yu Darvish
    5. Give Danny Salazar a minor league deal and try him out
    6. Explore Bauer signing. Not sure this will get done since the FO prides itself on ppl who don't rock the boat too much.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,020
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    you can't have judge and stanton both on the team one has to go to many strikeouts plus they are injured every year.. probably judge since stanton contract is impossible to unload then sign brantley he can play left.. frazier can go to right...cashman and hal won't spend huge bucks no chance they will sign bauer.. first they do not want to spend the bucks for him plus he is a primadonna not a yankee type... i'm saying it first yanks won't change lineup except maybe brantley and one more bullpen arm. hader i hope.. but as for the starters they will go cole deivi monty german and sevy when he comes back..if that is the case prepare for another dismal end to next post season..
    If they go with that rotation I am not even sure they make the playoffs next season . Especially if Tampa stays good and Toronto gets better this off season .

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    1. Re-sign DJ
    2. Listen to offers for Gary
    3. Make some cheap offers to David Robertson, Dellin Betances and Wade Davis to shore up bullpen
    4. Trade or get rid of Lasagna, Holder and Cessa
    4. Contact the Cubs and see if they'll accept a salary dump trade of Yu Darvish
    5. Give Danny Salazar a minor league deal and try him out
    6. Explore Bauer signing. Not sure this will get done since the FO prides itself on ppl who don't rock the boat too much.
    Those are all reasonable suggestions. Cashman is sensible and stubborn. Cashman can argue that what cost the team was the loss of Paxton, Severino, Kahnle, and German. If we had all those arms Happ would never have been in game 2. So other then tweaking the roster, no major trades needed. Time for Frazier to take over in left. Time for Gardner to leave or take less to be the fourth outfielder. I can see signing DJ to be the first baseman, to move Torres for second. But that would mean trading Voit. I started a thread suggesting trading Judge, since we canít trade Stanton and both would be too expensive when Judge gets his salary that he deserves. I like the idea of Darvish, letís see what happens.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,020
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Those are all reasonable suggestions. Cashman is sensible and stubborn. Cashman can argue that what cost the team was the loss of Paxton, Severino, Kahnle, and German. If we had all those arms Happ would never have been in game 2. So other then tweaking the roster, no major trades needed. Time for Frazier to take over in left. Time for Gardner to leave or take less to be the fourth outfielder. I can see signing DJ to be the first baseman, to move Torres for second. But that would mean trading Voit. I started a thread suggesting trading Judge, since we canít trade Stanton and both would be too expensive when Judge gets his salary that he deserves. I like the idea of Darvish, letís see what happens.
    You are right . But the injury excuse doesnít float with me . The rays had as many if not more injuries to their pitching this season and look who is in the alcs . Plus cashman already knew that Paxton had durability issues when he traded for him so he canít complain about Paxton being hurt now and use it as an excuse . Then there is the fact that the yanks won the division and made it to the alcs last year with sevy just playing 3 games in the regular season.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,693
    Jorge please! You can not argue the loss of Sevy, German, Kahnle and Pax was not significant to the outcome. Did Tampa lose 3 starters and a key BP piece?

    Imo, even one of the three starters makes a difference, all three?

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,020
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Jorge please! You can not argue the loss of Sevy, German, Kahnle and Pax was not significant to the outcome. Did Tampa lose 3 starters and a key BP piece?

    Imo, even one of the three starters makes a difference, all three?
    Paxton wasnít even having a good year when he went down , had almost a 7 era , and look at how the yanks did last season without sevy for nearly the whole season . So I stand by what I said .

    Oh and here is an article that explains how injuries decimated the rays pitching this season
    https://www.draysbay.com/2020/8/31/2...g-injuries-mlb

    The rays have THREE guys out with TJ this season and even lost Morton for a bit and still won their division

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Paxton wasnít even having a good year when he went down , had almost a 7 era , and look at how the yanks did last season without sevy for nearly the whole season . So I stand by what I said .

    Oh and here is an article that explains how injuries decimated the rays pitching this season
    https://www.draysbay.com/2020/8/31/2...g-injuries-mlb

    The rays have THREE guys out with TJ this season and even lost Morton for a bit and still won their division
    Come on now Jorge be realistic. Banda and Roe compare to Sevy and German? OK

    My point, in the series Tampa had their arsenal, including the pen. Yankees were missing critical pieces in rotation and BP. Not intended as an excuse, only suggesting outcome may have been different. In the game two charade would you feel more confident with even Paxton? Get the point?

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,644
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Jorge please! You can not argue the loss of Sevy, German, Kahnle and Pax was not significant to the outcome. Did Tampa lose 3 starters and a key BP piece?

    Imo, even one of the three starters makes a difference, all three?
    What do you think gives certain posters more purpose and joy, watching the Yankees win, or really watching the Yankees lose so they can critique and whine about the GM ? Anyway, whenís Spring training ?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,693
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    What do you think gives certain posters more purpose and joy, watching the Yankees win, or really watching the Yankees lose so they can critique and whine about the GM ? Anyway, whenís Spring training ?
    Insightful observation. That thought has crossed my mind more than once.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,020
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Come on now Jorge be realistic. Banda and Roe compare to Sevy and German? OK

    My point, in the series Tampa had their arsenal, including the pen. Yankees were missing critical pieces in rotation and BP. Not intended as an excuse, only suggesting outcome may have been different. In the game two charade would you feel more confident with even Paxton? Get the point?

    No I wouldnít have felt any more confident in Paxton in game 2 because he wasnít any better than happ this season . Why donít you be realistic and just admit the rays despite all their injuries still had better pitching than the yanks did in this series and this season . The only pitching injury that really hurt the yanks this season was khanle and that is only because ottavino didnít step up to replace him . He was bad . If ottavino had been good this season , the yanks donít miss khanle as much as they do . That is why the rays are in the alcs . They guys who replaced their injured pitches stepped up and did their jobs . You know kind of like the next man up thing last year for the yanks.....

    Here is one simple question I have for you .

    One starting pitcher finished the regular season with a 3.47 era , the other with a 6.6 era . Who would you have gone with in game 2?
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-10-2020 at 12:18 PM.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,644
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Insightful observation. That thought has crossed my mind more than once.
    Me, I was happy for a entertaining season. No guarantee Yankees would have won the series with German, Severino, Kahnle, and Paxton ( who was hurt prior to shutting it down, his performance indicated injury from the onset ) but that is what Cashman can persuasively argue if he makes minimal changes.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,849
    Canít wait to hear Hal and his annual end of the season presser.

Page 2 of 256 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •