Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 198 of 256 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3833
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Maybe he can pitch?

Absolutely absurd.
    He can hit, he hit .338 with 18 HRs last yr, thats for sure but what do u do with Frazier? If true it would obviously suggest that they must be moving him but for who. With what Cincy is asking for Castillio is Frazier as the center piece really going to be good enough? Does Frazier, Peraza, 1 of Garcia/Schmidt and a couple lottery tickets get it done. I'd make that deal for Castillio but is that enough for Cincy? Is there any other pitcher on the market worth giving up 4yrs of Frazier for?
    If they sign Ozuna, if they are going to stay under 210m they wouldn't have any money left to spend on DJ. So our lineup would likely be
    Hick's Cf
    2 Judge RF
    3 Voit 1b
    4 Ozuna LF
    5 Stanton DH
    6 Torres SS
    7 Gio/ Andujar 3B
    8 Sanchez/Higgy
    9 Wade/ Gio?

1 Cole
    2 Castillio
    3 German till Sevy Gets back
    4 Monty
    5 Whichever one of the young pitcher has the best STing

If they aren't traded i think you would likely see both Gil and Medina impact the rotation or BP at some point next yr. They also have 3-4 arms like Nelson, Abreau Yajure and others that could really impact the BP as well

Castillio and Ozuna or DJ and Kluber or Lindor and Carrasco. Fro me 1) Carrasco & Lindor 2) Castillio & Ozuna 3) DJ & Kluber
    Last edited by dayners81; 01-13-2021 at 10:41 PM.

As I said before, he is not worth signing him for 5 yrs. At his age, he may have 2 to 3 good years left, forget about him.

Quote Originally Posted by bitobi View Post
    As I said before, he is not worth signing him for 5 yrs. At his age, he may have 2 to 3 good years left, forget about him.
    They should have moved on from dJ the second he turned down their offer and traded either for lindor/carrasco or for Castillo .

4. 01-14-2021, 12:20 AM
    Reason
    dupe account

5. 01-14-2021, 12:31 AM
    Reason
    replying to deleted comments

KJ/Jones whichever one of your alter ego's decided to log in today. Pick an account, i would suggest the other one, or your going to lose access to both. Having a dupe is a perma-ban
    Last edited by dayners81; 01-14-2021 at 12:44 AM.

Frazier is a super 2 with 4yrs of control left vs being arb2 and 3yrs left of control or did I get that completely wrong

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Only makes sense if they're trading an outfielder. Hm.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Please be Stanton
    Please be Stanton

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    I don't really think he hates the Yanks; he just wants them to spend whatever it takes to have an all-star at every position including at least 10all-star pitchers,
    whatever it costs, whether that's $300 million, 400 million, whatever it takes. He really does believe the Yanks really can print their own money and spend as much as the rest of the league, put together

And if they did that, he would be pissed off and start whining if they lost a game. He would then pick apart and shred each and every player, cry about guys who he believed, would better fit the team and complain that they should have signed them instead.

Essentially, you could hand him a perfect, ice cream sundae and he would poop on it and then complain that there was poop on it

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    He can hit, he hit .338 with 18 HRs last yr, thats for sure but what do u do with Frazier? If true it would obviously suggest that they must be moving him but for who. With what Cincy is asking for Castillio is Frazier as the center piece really going to be good enough? Does Frazier, Peraza, 1 of Garcia/Schmidt and a couple lottery tickets get it done. I'd make that deal for Castillio but is that enough for Cincy? Is there any other pitcher on the market worth giving up 4yrs of Frazier for?
    If they sign Ozuna, if they are going to stay under 210m they wouldn't have any money left to spend on DJ. So our lineup would likely be
    Hick's Cf
    2 Judge RF
    3 Voit 1b
    4 Ozuna LF
    5 Stanton DH
    6 Torres SS
    7 Gio/ Andujar 3B
    8 Sanchez/Higgy
    9 Wade/ Gio?

1 Cole
    2 Castillio
    3 German till Sevy Gets back
    4 Monty
    5 Whichever one of the young pitcher has the best STing

If they aren't traded i think you would likely see both Gil and Medina impact the rotation or BP at some point next yr. They also have 3-4 arms like Nelson, Abreau Yajure and others that could really impact the BP as well

Castillio and Ozuna or DJ and Kluber or Lindor and Carrasco. Fro me 1) Carrasco & Lindor 2) Castillio & Ozuna 3) DJ & Kluber

Gotta be more realistic. Cincy is not trading Castillo to the Yankees.

Now a team like the Cubs is more realistic as they have said they are interested in trading some parts.

Yanks send Chicago Frazier and Garcia and get back Kyle Hendricks.

1. Cole
    2. Hendricks
    3. German
    4. Monty
    5. Schmidt
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Gotta be more realistic. Cincy is not trading Castillo to the Yankees.

Now a team like the Cubs is more realistic as they have said they are interested in trading some parts.

Yanks send Chicago Frazier and Garcia and get back Kyle Hendricks.

1. Cole
    2. Hendricks
    3. German
    4. Monty
    5. Schmidt
    Mush, I like the idea but I think Frazier is too important for that deal.
    Maybe Andujar, FLorial and Garcia?

Ignorance is bliss

Hendricks makes sense. He’s under contract until the end of 2023, at a $13.9 million AAV hit. Since the start of 2018, he’s been a top 20 pitcher in baseball, a step below the true elite like Cole, Justin Verlander and Jacob deGrom. I don't think anything less than Frazier as the center piece will get it done. Maybe a couple arms as well. Monty? Garcia?

Cubs are letting it be known they are trimming payroll in a hurry. Most likely they are looking for ML ready and cost control.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Mush, I like the idea but I think Frazier is too important for that deal.
    Maybe Andujar, FLorial and Garcia?
    It has to be said. Frazier has potential to be something, but he's overrated based on a 60 game season in which he wasn't even on the roster for part of it. He finally showed some maturity and had some success. He played good defense, but that was mostly in RF while Judge was hurt. He could revert back to being defensively challenged in LF at any moment and those who think he could play CF effectively are smoking crack. Yes, I wouldn't give him away for free, but he would be a sell high candidate and could be overrated by the trading partner.

^^ Good point.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    It has to be said. Frazier has potential to be something, but he's overrated based on a 60 game season in which he wasn't even on the roster for part of it. He finally showed some maturity and had some success. He played good defense, but that was mostly in RF while Judge was hurt. He could revert back to being defensively challenged in LF at any moment and those who think he could play CF effectively are smoking crack. Yes, I wouldn't give him away for free, but he would be a sell high candidate and could be overrated by the trading partner.
    Excellent points. I just like him and his fire and think he will be playing LF all season. I don't think he's a CF.
    If he's what it takes? I would be bummed but so be it.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    As much as I would hate to trade the guy , right now is the best time to trade him . And they really could use Hendricks or possibly Castillo

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    show me where I flip flopped on him when I said I would take carrasco over him and I wanted kluber until I saw how he did in his try out ? Are you that blind with animosity towards me that you don’t realize losing Tanaka and not replacing him with anyone better , the Yankees will be worse off ? I mean with as much as I don’t want him back , even I know losing Tanaka is going to hurt the Yankees .

So if it's going to hurt if they lose him, I assume that means it would be a plus to have him. If that's the case, why wouldn't you want him?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan