Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 196 of 256 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3833
    U can't be serious about using that as a source..The title of the article is "The curious case of MLB non-pitchers and Tommy John surgery" Your going to site an article for its reference on pitching when it specially say "The curious case of MLB non-pitchers and Tommy John surgery" The majority of that article was talking about how TJS effects position players. They talk about Seager and Didi more than they do any pitching. The place where it does talk about pitching its 1 line of one guy giving his opinion of how long it CAN take to get everything thing back. Can it take up to 2yrs for certain pitchers absolutely, but the average is about 15 months.

My source was a Med school, ten yr study and 15 months is the average that it takes an MLB pitcher to return back to action from TJS in the past ten yrs. Not best or worst case the average. If u knew half as much about the rehab progress as u would like to think you know, if he's already throwing 90% off the mound at 11 months u would know he's ahead of schedule.

No where is anyone saying from day 1 he'll be the best he's ever been. Again IF he can preform similarly to how he did in his 3 starts he made in 19 and give us anything close to 100 ins mostly in the 2nd half he would be our 2nd best pitcher and extremely valuable to the team. Performance wise I suggested I could see him going 80 to a 100 innings with an upper middle 3 era in 15-20 starts next yr which is no where close to pitching to his career best...
    Last edited by dayners81; 01-13-2021 at 04:50 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Bingo.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    That is a bummer. That lead one to think that they are just using this season as a reset.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Ten yrs in the Rays and Braves systems as a reliever. I never comped by bro's injuries to Sevy's you keep telling everyone how long it takes to usually come back from TJS and i know first hand for the majority of pitchers it 15-18 months , not 2yrs, before they 95-100%.

Why would they hold him out till June? usually they don't want to push an innings limit much past 100 IN. The later they start him they move likely he is going to still be available playoff time and that when they will need him most. Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine did a 10 yr study tracking TJS, they average age of pitchers getting the procedure was 27.4 and the average number of days till a return to competition was 452 days which it my math is right is just over 15 months.
    Yeah but your experience and knowledge doesn't compare to Posada's. His uncle's Ex-wive's son's, best friend's nephew sat next to a guy on the bus, who worked in a hospital that did, one TJ surgery to a 73 year old woman and she never threw the same.
    And Day, your' ability to find credible sources leaves much to be desired. Unlike Posada, who finds his citations from tabloids, opinions and even on a couple occasions, sites linked to white supremacy.

You need to step up your game to be as accurate and insightful
    I mean anyone knows that TJ surgery recovery is slated from anywhere between 12-18 months with the average being 15 and that the major sings of progression in pitchers are when they. throw from a mound and then when they throw breaking balls. Just like Posada said. Also, like posada said, Sevy had TJ surgery 7 months ago! You know, last February because that is clearly 7 months ago and not 11 or almost 12 because we know he's a mathematical whiz, just as he is a whiz at finding references , making arguments and lying.

But I am sill because I agree with you that Sevy will be on the mound around June

Ignorance is bliss

U can't be serious about using that as a source..The title of the article is "The curious case of MLB non-pitchers and Tommy John surgery" Your going to site an article for its reference on pitching when it specially say "The curious case of MLB non-pitchers and Tommy John surgery" The majority of that article was talking about how TJS effects position players. They talk about Seager and Didi more than they do any pitching. The place where it does talk about pitching its 1 line of one guy giving his opinion of how long it CAN take to get everything thing back. Can it take up to 2yrs for certain pitchers absolutely, but the average is about 15 months.

My source was a Med school, ten yr study and 15 months is the average that it takes an MLB pitcher to return back to action from TJS in the past ten yrs. Not best or worst case the average. If u knew half as much about the rehab progress as u would like to think you know, if he's already throwing 90% off the mound at 11 months u would know he's ahead of schedule.

No where is anyone saying from day 1 he'll be the best he's ever been. Again IF he can preform similarly to how he did in his 3 starts he made in 19 and give us anything close to 100 ins mostly in the 2nd half he would be our 2nd best pitcher and extremely valuable to the team. Performance wise I suggested I could see him going 80 to a 100 innings with an upper middle 3 era in 15-20 starts next yr which is no where close to pitching to his career best...
    Those three starts were BEFORE his TJ surgery and have absolutely no bearing in what to expect from sevy this summer . My point all this time is that no one truly knows what to expect from sevy this season . And to count on him to have a big impact on the rotation is premature at best . And you just stated it takes an average of 15 months to return to ACTION , not how long it is until they are like they were pre surgery and that is a different time table for every pitcher .
    Last edited by Posada20; 01-13-2021 at 12:05 PM.

Sounds like the Mets are going very hard after Brad Hand.

Kluber was 88-91 in his workouts with teams today and its being reported he didn't look sharp at all.. So Yeah that doesn't look like a great option now either.

YES Network | A.J. Herrmann: Luis Medina has been putting in work over the winter, and he got recognized for it. Medina was named the Pitcher of the Year in the Puerto Rican Liga de Béisbol Profesional Roberto Clemente, or the LBPRC, after tossing 16.2 innings of one-run ball. Medina managed to strike out 32 batters over that span, an impressive outing for a young prospect looking to climb up the minor league ladder.

Kluber was 88-91 in his workouts with teams today and its being reported he didn't look sharp at all.. So Yeah that doesn't look like a great option now either.
    Actually knowing cashman , he will be all over kluber now .

The Boston Globe’s Alex Speier says it was Kluber’s “fourth bullpen of his rehab in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.” And according to reports from the Sunshine State, Kluber didn’t disappoint.

ESPN’s Jeff Passan reports “nearly 25 teams showed up at Corey Kluber’s showcase today, and scouts came away impressed. His fastball sat 88-90 -- and he’s got more velocity in the tank as he builds toward spring training. Kluber threw 30 pitches, including all of his off-speed stuff. Strong market expected.”

Sooooo Boston thought he looked good? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    YES Network | A.J. Herrmann: Luis Medina has been putting in work over the winter, and he got recognized for it. Medina was named the Pitcher of the Year in the Puerto Rican Liga de Béisbol Profesional Roberto Clemente, or the LBPRC, after tossing 16.2 innings of one-run ball. Medina managed to strike out 32 batters over that span, an impressive outing for a young prospect looking to climb up the minor league ladder.
    At the rate this off season is going , he will be in the majors by the deadline .

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    The Boston Globe’s Alex Speier says it was Kluber’s “fourth bullpen of his rehab in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.” And according to reports from the Sunshine State, Kluber didn’t disappoint.

ESPN’s Jeff Passan reports “nearly 25 teams showed up at Corey Kluber’s showcase today, and scouts came away impressed. His fastball sat 88-90 -- and he’s got more velocity in the tank as he builds toward spring training. Kluber threw 30 pitches, including all of his off-speed stuff. Strong market expected.”

Sooooo Boston thought he looked good? Lol
    30 pitches, including his all his breaking balls with his FB 88-90? sounds like he's going to have a great yr last yr. Strong Market expected? Sounds like Passan is doing his version of a bad agents spin for a disappointing client.

I wanna know what " more in the tank" actually means and what he looks like when he get over 50-60 pitches. If he still has 92-94 with all 3 off-speed pitches then thats a different story. Who knows he's probably already has multiple 10m plus offer and I don't see Hal doing that

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    At the rate this off season is going , he will be in the majors by the deadline .
    If Medina or Gil gets to and contributes to the rotation this yr IMO that a big win for us because that means they have continued their strong development and moved much closer to being contributing MLB starters. If/ When they reach the MLB, especially with as cautious as the Yanks are with pitching specs, or have been in the past, with their stuff/ ceilings i would expect the to contribute at a fairly high level

30 pitches, including his all his breaking balls with his FB 88-90? sounds like he's going to have a great yr last yr. Strong Market expected? Sounds like Passan is doing his version of a bad agents spin for a disappointing client.

I wanna know what " more in the tank" actually means and what he looks like when he get over 50-60 pitches. If he still has 92-94 with all 3 off-speed pitches then thats a different story. Who knows he's probably already has multiple 10m plus offer and I don't see Hal doing that

If Medina or Gil gets to and contributes to the rotation this yr IMO that a big win for us because that means they have continued their strong development and moved much closer to being contributing MLB starters. If/ When they reach the MLB, especially with as cautious as the Yanks are with pitching specs, or have been in the past, with their stuff/ ceilings i would expect the to contribute at a fairly high level
    As good as Medina and Gil are if I am right then it doesn’t necessarily show how great they were doing in the minors , it more likely will mean how badly they will be in need of starting pitching at the deadline . You know like what they did with Garcia and Schmidt last season .

Sounds like the Padres and Tank are closing in on a 1yr deal, have heard how much $ its for. Signing Tank to fill in for Clevinger next yr would make them even better. Tank as there 4/5 makes then incredibly tough.

That may force the Dodgers to spend a bit or make a big trade because with Tanaka the Padres are right up there with them, IMO. That could be bad news for us if they decide that DJ would be that perfect upgrade for them

Sounds like the Padres and Tank are closing in on a 1yr deal, have heard how much $ its for. Signing Tank to fill in for Clevinger next yr would make them even better. Tank as there 4/5 makes then incredibly tough.

That may force the Dodgers to spend a bit or make a big trade because with Tanaka the Padres are right up there with them, IMO. That could be bad news for us if they decide that DJ would be that perfect upgrade for them
    Nice no Tanaka , kluber drawing interest from multiple teams . Yeah this season sure is going to be exciting lol
    Last edited by Posada20; 01-13-2021 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Nice no Tanaka , kluber drawing interest from multiple teams . Yeah this season sure is going to be exciting lol
    you've flip-flopped more than a fish out of water about Tanaka, Do u or don't think we should bring him back if its not to late?

you've flip-flopped more than a fish out of water about Tanaka, Do u or don't think we should bring him back if its not to late?
    show me where I flip flopped on him when I said I would take carrasco over him and I wanted kluber until I saw how he did in his try out ? Are you that blind with animosity towards me that you don’t realize losing Tanaka and not replacing him with anyone better , the Yankees will be worse off ? I mean with as much as I don’t want him back , even I know losing Tanaka is going to hurt the Yankees .
    Last edited by Posada20; 01-13-2021 at 06:26 PM.