Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 256 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    1) HARD NO on Realmuto. Not even close to a franchise need right now.

2) Wacha, Teheran, Archer, Stroman all various degrees of hot garbage. Tanaka, Walker, Ray less so but that seems like a bona fide race to the bottom, which is why you can almost guarantee that’s where Cashman is headed

3) Bauer or bust. Time for the FO to flex.

4) Will say it again.......hoping on Severino is a bad joke. He is trash, and he is trash entering his seventh major league season but.....you know.....”he’s just a baby.”

5) German has aLONG road back. 2 years put of the game and we’re slotting him as our great hope?

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post

2) Wacha, Teheran, Archer, Stroman all various degrees of hot garbage. Tanaka, Walker, Ray less so but that seems like a bona fide race to the bottom, which is why you can almost guarantee that’s where Cashman is headed

4) Will say it again.......hoping on Severino is a bad joke. He is trash, and he is trash entering his seventh major league season but.....you know.....”he’s just a baby.”

5) German has aLONG road back. 2 years put of the game and we’re slotting him as our great hope?

Agree on everything but number 1, how is a starting catcher not a big need on the yanks ?

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Agree on everything but number 1, how is a starting catcher not a big need on the yanks ?
    In my opinion, no team needs an all-star catcher.

When you have a Piazza or a Bench it is a once-in-a-generation special thing but it is hardly a necessity.

In all honesty, we’ve gotten spoiled, and consequently misguided, by Gary’s power.

Higgy is enough and Realmuto is a whole lotta hype waiting to underperform.

In my opinion, no team needs an all-star catcher.

When you have a Piazza or a Bench it is a once-in-a-generation special thing but it is hardly a necessity.

In all honesty, we’ve gotten spoiled, and consequently misguided, by Gary’s power.

Higgy is enough and Realmuto is a whole lotta hype waiting to underperform.
    I haven’t been a fan of Gary since his pathetic performances on the 2017 alds and alcs . I knew after those two series Gary was nothing more than a average catcher at best with some power .

But I do get your point and will be happy with higgy as the starting catcher if it meant getting Bauer

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman

Moo

BTW its Rcs. Finally got around to changing my name.

I'd be just fine with Higgy as our primary C for a couple yrs until Wells, Breaxs or 1 of our other young C is ready

Btw we can't forget tweaking the offense. I don't care how but having 7 straight RH sluggers won't cut it even if you had Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz in their prime.

Game 5 of the ALDS is a proof of that.

Trash really? Trash is something we dispose of, rid ourselves due to the acrid aroma. Isn't that a bit harsh? Not suggesting he's a savior or should be seriously considered as a major contributor in 2021, but trash? Jose Contreras might be considered trash, Kei Igawa, Jeff Weaver, Esteban Loaiza, Ed Whitson, Carl Pavano, Javier Vazquez, Jaret Wright could all be considered trash during their Yankee tenure.

But Severino?

Severino won 33 games between 2017 and 2018, 450 K's in 384.2 innings, finishing Top 10 in Cy Young race both years. Should we dismiss and erase from memory his 19-8 , 3.39 ERA, 1.15 WHIP and 220 K's in 191.1 innings? Was it an aberration? A fluke? An outlier? An anomaly?

With due respect, I couldn't disagree more.

German - Great hope? No. Possible meaningful contributor? I think so.
    Last edited by drt1010; 10-16-2020 at 05:48 PM.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Sign Brantley, he's Lhed bat like DJ. High contact, high obp, high avg. We already have a very full line up other than LF if we don't make a big trade. If they want to do more than that they will have to trade one of our everyday starters.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Moo

BTW its Rcs. Finally got around to changing my name.
    Oh crap!

Hey man.

Long time, no see.

How’s the family?

The job??

Everybody in good spirits???

You guys hanging in there????

Man, it’s SSOO good to hear your voice again after all these long minutes.

So........a penny for your thoughts on the state of the wor.....................whoops, banned ‘round these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    Btw we can't forget tweaking the offense. I don't care how but having 7 straight RH sluggers won't cut it even if you had Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz in their prime.

We have a solution for that, and his name is ‘Francisco.’

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post

Agree, I'd like to see them tweak the offense a little bit. But I think it's about having guys who make more contact (put the ball in play, strikeout less) more so than them being lefty or switch. Ideally someone like Brantley. He'd be perfect in the 3 hole between Judge and Stanton. Hicks has had his moments in the postseason but I'd prefer him lower in the order, like 5th or something.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Trash really? Trash is something we dispose of, rid ourselves due to the acrid aroma. Isn't that a bit harsh? Not suggesting he's a savior or should be seriously considered as a major contributor in 2021, but trash? Jose Contreras might be considered trash, Kei Igawa, Jeff Weaver, Esteban Loaiza, Ed Whitson, Carl Pavano, Javier Vazquez, Jaret Wright could all be considered trash during their Yankee tenure.

But Severino?

Severino won 33 games between 2017 and 2018, 450 K's in 384.2 innings, finishing Top 10 in Cy Young race both years. Should we dismiss and erase from memory his 19-8 , 3.39 ERA, 1.15 WHIP and 220 K's in 191.1 innings? Was it an aberration? A fluke? An outlier? An anomaly?

With due respect, I couldn't disagree more.

German - Great hope? No. Possible meaningful contributor? I think so.
    Funny you should mention all of those examples........it’s almost as if those very points may have may have been utilized somewhere before.

Let us not forget that Severino pitched to a stellar 5.83 ERA his first full season in the bigs.

Let us also not forget that Severino mentally imploded (I believe that he never actually possessed the mental acumen/fortitude/disposition required for the task) not once, not twice, but a stellar three consecutive playoff years in a row.

Let us not forget Severino forgetting the start time to arguably the biggest game of his career in a postseason must-have.

Trash is something that is both fetid and odious and needs to be discarded without question or hesitation.

I believe it is a perfectly apt and appropriate comparison.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 10-16-2020 at 06:20 PM.

If Voit gets 7.9M, he's not so cheap now...

We have a solution for that, and his name is ‘Francisco.’
    I really want the Yankees to let Andujar have chance next year. I think out of Voit, Frazier and him, I think he could be the best overall hitter. Obviously his best position is DH. His salary I believe will still be low as compared to Voit and Frazier's which are going up significantly. That's why I've been an advocate of the Yankees moving Voit and Frazier for someone like Lindor or a TORP. Not many teams can move players like Voit and Frazier while having a quality hitter like Andujar ready to take their at bats.