Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 219 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
    Cashman is saying June or July for an expected timeline for Sevy. https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/10/y...-severino.html
    With that news, if they are seriously planning on competing next yr, they are going to have to acquire at least 1 starter.

Not that it means a thing but MLB.com polled a bunch of GM's, BB insiders ect, and we were voted as being the 2nd mostly likely team to sign Bauer behind the Reds .

Boras is also asking 200M for Realmuto so we can forget about him coming here. Boras is also claiming Paxton is healthier that he has been in the last few yrs. How can that be the case when he couldn't even pitch a single inning in the divisional series

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Cashman is saying June or July for an expected timeline for Sevy. https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/10/y...-severino.html
    With that news, if they are seriously planning on competing next yr, they are going to have to acquire at least 1 starter.

Not that it means a thing but MLB.com polled a bunch of GM's, BB insiders ect, and we were voted as being the 2nd mostly likely team to sign Bauer behind the Reds .

Boras is also asking 200M for Realmuto so we can forget about him coming here. Boras is also claiming Paxton is healthier that he has been in the last few yrs. How can that be the case when he couldn't even pitch a single inning in the divisional series
    What else would you expect boras to say about his own client ? That he is hurt but will be healthy soon ? He already is gonna have a hard time convincing anyone to pay top dollar for Paxton . What scares me is cashman will buy it and give Paxton a multi year deal

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    What else would you expect boras to say about his own client ? That he is hurt but will be healthy soon ? He already is gonna have a hard time convincing anyone to pay top dollar for Paxton . What scares me is cashman will buy it and give Paxton a multi year deal
    Its just an odd statement from Boras when Paxton wasn't even healthy enough to pitch 1 innings since early Sept and a week after the season is over he's supposed to be 100%. Boras is an expert at making his own truth about his clients but this is stretching it. Every team is going to have access to his medicals and will clearly see its not true. He can't fool teams about Paxtons healthy so who is the show for?

Just my opinion but Paxton has shown to be very good when he is healthy and if he was consistently the pitcher he was in the 2nd half of 19 i'd gladly have him back. The problem is that he has rarely been that guy throughout his career. He would be another question mark in our rotation that is already full of questions after Cole.

IMO to bring him back and count on him for any key role would be a mistake. That said if he wanted to take 1yr cheap prove it kinda deal i'd bring him back.
    Last edited by dayners81; 10-15-2020 at 10:23 PM.

Its just an odd statement from Boras when Paxton wasn't even healthy enough to pitch 1 innings since early Sept and a week after the season is over he's supposed to be 100%. Boras is an expert at making his own truth about his clients but this is stretching it. Every team is going to have access to his medicals and will clearly see its not true. He can't fool teams about Paxtons healthy so who is the show for?

Just my opinion but Paxton has shown to be very good when he is healthy and if he was consistently the pitcher he was in the 2nd half of 19 i'd gladly have him back. The problem is that he has rarely been that guy throughout his career. He would be another question mark in our rotation that is already full of questions after Cole.

IMO to bring him back and count on him for any key role would be a mistake. That said if he wanted to take 1yr cheap prove it kinda deal i'd bring him back.
    1 year at 5 mill and a 4 mill bonus at 50, 100, 150, and 200 innings! Let Boras put up or shut up!
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 10-15-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    1 year at 5 mill and a 4 mill bonus at 50, 100, 150, and 200 innings! Let Boras put up or shut up!
    i'd be on board with something like that but i would stagger the performances a little differently. Something like 2m if he reaches 100 inning, 500k for 125in, 500k for 150 IN and so on. x amount if he starts so many games and bonus based on ERA and K''s. 5M base with incentives to make up to 12-15m if he has an amazing season and reaches all his performance bonuses

i'd be on board with something like that but i would stagger the performances a little differently. Something like 2m if he reaches 100 inning, 500k for 125in, 500k for 150 IN and so on. x amount if he starts so many games and bonus based on ERA and K''s. 5M base with incentives to make up to 12-15m if he has an amazing season and reaches all his performance bonuses
    I may be wrong but I think I've heard that there are only a few things you can base bonuses on like starts innings piched for pitchers and games/innings played for position players. Oh and for wards won like Cy Young, Mvp.But things like homers, bstting average, ERA, and wins are off limits. Anyone know for sure??

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    [i don't see any circumstance that the yanks would be willing to pay what bauer will cost...
    I do. The pressure to win at least one WS with this core must be intense. The Yankees have tried to stay away from long term contracts for players on the "wrong side of 30" and Bauer would be a one year contract for an ace level pitcher. There are no long term dangers and remember, in 2017 we lost to the eventual WS champs (and they cheated), in 2018 we lost to the eventual WS champs (and they cheated), in 2019 we lost to the eventual ALCS champion, and this year we lost (barely) to the team I think will win the WS. If we had Bauer in game two, it is possible we would have won in four games and had Cole ready on regular rest for game one against the Astros.

This team needs Sevy, German, and Kahnle. That could be enough. With Bauer, and his one year contract, we become -- yet again -- the overwhelming favorite. If we could win in 2021, Cashman could then reset the luxury tax without people complaining that the Yankees haven't won in over a decade, and Bauer could be allowed to go to his next one year gig. Or, if they do win it in 2021, they could bring back Bauer for 2021-2022 and go for a back to back and then let him walk (along with whatever core players they decide not to sign long term).

After winning in 2021 and 2022, even Yankees fans would allow Cashman and Hal to reset without complaining (too much) while we eagerly wait for the Martian and whoever will comprise the next core.

Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    I do. The pressure to win at least one WS with this core must be intense. The Yankees have tried to stay away from long term contracts for players on the "wrong side of 30" and Bauer would be a one year contract for an ace level pitcher. There are no long term dangers and remember, in 2017 we lost to the eventual WS champs (and they cheated), in 2018 we lost to the eventual WS champs (and they cheated), in 2019 we lost to the eventual ALCS champion, and this year we lost (barely) to the team I think will win the WS. If we had Bauer in game two, it is possible we would have won in four games and had Cole ready on regular rest for game one against the Astros.

This team needs Sevy, German, and Kahnle. That could be enough. With Bauer, and his one year contract, we become -- yet again -- the overwhelming favorite. If we could win in 2021, Cashman could then reset the luxury tax without people complaining that the Yankees haven't won in over a decade, and Bauer could be allowed to go to his next one year gig. Or, if they do win it in 2021, they could bring back Bauer for 2021-2022 and go for a back to back and then let him walk (along with whatever core players they decide not to sign long term).

After winning in 2021 and 2022, even Yankees fans would allow Cashman and Hal to reset without complaining (too much) while we eagerly wait for the Martian and whoever will comprise the next core.
    Anyone know when Kahnle is expected to be able to pitch at mlb level again? Is he signed thru next year or will he be a FA?

Anyone know when Kahnle is expected to be able to pitch at mlb level again? Is he signed thru next year or will he be a FA?
    Well since he got TJ 2 months ago , he won’t be back at the mlb level until Likely 2022

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Tommy is technically arbitration eligible for 1 more year(2021) then is a free agent(2022). Given the time of his injury and the average recovery time, its very possible he may be out all of 21.

Not sure if the Yanks will even offer him anything in arbitration.

Maybe they offer him a low end two year deal and it's protection for himself and a bargain for the yanks in 2022, if he is physically able to come back.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 10-16-2020 at 12:18 AM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Unlike most of us , cashman and Hal just refuse to learn from history

LOL!!! What have you learned from your history here? Obviously nothing.

The Yankees will do what they think is prudent. The fact that you may not agree is neither here or there. If your so concerned, why not try for Brian's job. It pays very well. Then you can try your way.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    LOL!!! What have you learned from your history here? Obviously nothing.

The Yankees will do what they think is prudent. The fact that you may not agree is neither here or there. If your so concerned, why not try for Brian's job. It pays very well. Then you can try your way.
    Sure, Jorge, you can even put us all down as references, we'd be glad to tell him about all of your great ideas as to how to remake the Yanks so they never, ever lose a game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I would love to see a meme of Cashman or Hal as old Eb
    Great catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Greinke, Chris Archer and Kershaw are likely out, so that leaves Scherzer, Verlander, Morton and Thor. Not to mention Kluber, although he could be available as soon as this offseason, in all likelihood. The yankees need one arm to hold down the fort for one year till these guys become available. The question is, who can they possibly get, on a one year deal?
    According to Cashman, apparently Severino.