Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 168 of 256 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3834
  1. #2506
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Look I'm absolutely against giving him the 5yr110m he's asking for but he has earned the right to ask for that kinda contract. He's made less than 35m in his 10yr career, he's never gotten his big pay day. He's given the Yanks every chance and has made it clear he will take less to play for the Yanks. U can't fault the guy for looking for 1 big contract especially considering its likely his last.

    I think he makes a world of sense for the Dodgers even at 5yrs because if he signs there it will be primarily as a corner infielder and he should age much better at those positions.

    It's really to bad the can't/ won't sign him to play 1st and capitalize on Voits peak value and use Voit in a trade for a TORP.

    Torres goes back to the position he put up superstar numbers at and they could upgrade defensively at SS. Either by signing a Simmons or Didi for a yr then getting 1 of the premium SS available next winter or just trading for 1 of them this yr.

    DJ @1st, Torres @2nd, Lindor @ SS and Gio @3rd would be about as good of an infield as there is on both sides of the ball.
    This!! All of this! DJs bat will age just fine. Yes production will fall off slightly but players that use the entire field rarely fall off a cliff. He’d be the best fielding first baseman we’ve had since Tex.

  2. #2507
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    39,069
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    And opposed to 99% of the rest of the population that never ask their employers for a raise, or leave the company they work for if they get a better offer [emoji1750]*[emoji3603]
    Well said.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  3. #2508
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    17,038
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    This!! All of this! DJs bat will age just fine. Yes production will fall off slightly but players that use the entire field rarely fall off a cliff. He’d be the best fielding first baseman we’ve had since Tex.
    I agree about his bat aging well and i also agree he would be our best fielding 1st baseman since Tex. I think DJ would be a GG glove caliber 1st baseman and probably one of the better all around 1st baseman period. I just can't get past how badly big bodied middle infielders age which is why i would be so hesitant to give him 5yrs.

    The other advantage, IMO, of moving DJ to first is that you can turn around and capitalize on Voits peak value to also help fix the rotation. Also, i realize it was a small sample size but with as bad as Torres was defensively as well as his offense declining sharply i don't think SS is his best long term position. I would hate to see Torres start focusing too much defensively and end up losing his bat similar to what has happened with Sanchez.

    Getting Lindor adds a high contact, SHer, with speed and above average power to the lineup which is what we really need and moving Voit takes out another one of our high K, Rhed HR bats out of the lineup. Lindor also improves our up the middle defense tremendously. Lindor also could easily become the face of our franchise if Judge proves he can't stay healthy and proves to be to much of a risk to sign a big long term contract

    If i was building the team that is definately the route that i would try to go

  4. #2509
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I agree about his bat aging well and i also agree he would be our best fielding 1st baseman since Tex. I think DJ would be a GG glove caliber 1st baseman and probably one of the better all around 1st baseman period. I just can't get past how badly big bodied middle infielders age which is why i would be so hesitant to give him 5yrs.

    The other advantage, IMO, of moving DJ to first is that you can turn around and capitalize on Voits peak value to also help fix the rotation. Also, i realize it was a small sample size but with as bad as Torres was defensively as well as his offense declining sharply i don't think SS is his best long term position. I would hate to see Torres start focusing too much defensively and end up losing his bat similar to what has happened with Sanchez.

    Getting Lindor adds a high contact, SHer, with speed and above average power to the lineup which is what we really need and moving Voit takes out another one of our high K, Rhed HR bats out of the lineup. Lindor also improves our up the middle defense tremendously. Lindor also could easily become the face of our franchise if Judge proves he can't stay healthy and proves to be to much of a risk to sign a big long term contract

    If i was building the team that is definately the route that i would try to go
    Couldn’t agree more. That’s a Yankees of old type of off season. Blows by the $210 budget, but sets you up to compete for years to come.

  5. #2510
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    39,069
    Day your idea is really good.

    So don't expect this front office to be smart enough to do it.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  6. #2511
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    17,038
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Couldn’t agree more. That’s a Yankees of old type of off season. Blows by the $210 budget, but sets you up to compete for years to come.
    you would think even in this kinda yr that bold should be the ultimate goal. IMO that lineup and the move of Voit to get the TORP that we need would set us up extremely well both short and long term.

    Even though we have some really big time arms that could impact the rotation alot this yr coming in Medina, Gil and guys with less of an elite ceiling in Garcia and Schmidt I still think we need to get atleast 1 veteran arm. I'm really hopeful that the Kluber deal actually happens. A rotation Of Cole, Kluber, Sevy and who ever breaks out of that group of Garcia, Gil, Schmidt, Medina, Monty ect could be a hell of a rotation by the end of the yr.

    With all the news, videos and scouting reports about Medina and Gil taking such huge steps forward we really could have a couple of incredibly special arms that would make us incredibly tough in the near future. If both those guys come close to hitting their ceilings soon it will extend our championship window and make a big change towards the outlook of this teams future.

  7. #2512
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I agree about his bat aging well and i also agree he would be our best fielding 1st baseman since Tex. I think DJ would be a GG glove caliber 1st baseman and probably one of the better all around 1st baseman period. I just can't get past how badly big bodied middle infielders age which is why i would be so hesitant to give him 5yrs.

    The other advantage, IMO, of moving DJ to first is that you can turn around and capitalize on Voits peak value to also help fix the rotation. Also, i realize it was a small sample size but with as bad as Torres was defensively as well as his offense declining sharply i don't think SS is his best long term position. I would hate to see Torres start focusing too much defensively and end up losing his bat similar to what has happened with Sanchez.

    Getting Lindor adds a high contact, SHer, with speed and above average power to the lineup which is what we really need and moving Voit takes out another one of our high K, Rhed HR bats out of the lineup. Lindor also improves our up the middle defense tremendously. Lindor also could easily become the face of our franchise if Judge proves he can't stay healthy and proves to be to much of a risk to sign a big long term contract

    If i was building the team that is definately the route that i would try to go
    Paying lindor and dj close to 50 mill combined while not adequately addressing the rotation doesn’t make a lot of sense to me . why would you want to weigh down the Yankees with two more big contracts and still not do enough about the pitching ? I would let dj walk , sign didi to a much cheaper and shorter contract , then used the saved money to get either both Tanaka and kluber or just sign Bauer . And then trade for some bullpen help . Why ? Because if I am gonna shell out close to 50 mill for two players , one of them is going to be a starting pitcher .
    Last edited by Posada20; 01-07-2021 at 02:56 AM.

  8. #2513
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    17,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Paying lindor and dj close to 50 mill combined while not adequately addressing the rotation doesn’t make a lot of sense to me . why would you want to weigh down the Yankees with two more big contracts and still not do enough about the pitching ? I would let dj walk , sign didi to a much cheaper and shorter contract , then used the saved money to get either both Tanaka and kluber or just sign Bauer . And then trade for some bullpen help . Why ? Because if I am gonna shell out close to 50 mill for two players , one of them is going to be a starting pitcher .
    If you read what i said i specifically addressed the rotation by moving Voit. Voit is a very valuable asset and could easily be a center piece for a TORP.

    Being realistic the Yanks only need 1 TORP to have the arms in place to have a elite rotation by the end of the yr and for yrs to come.

  9. #2514
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    39,069
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    If you read what i said i specifically addressed the rotation by moving Voit. Voit is a very valuable asset and could easily be a center piece for a TORP.

    Being realistic the Yanks only need 1 TORP to have the arms in place to have a elite rotation by the end of the yr and for yrs to come.
    So much for ignoring, eh?

    Reading is hard.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  10. #2515
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    If you read what i said i specifically addressed the rotation by moving Voit. Voit is a very valuable asset and could easily be a center piece for a TORP.

    Being realistic the Yanks only need 1 TORP to have the arms in place to have a elite rotation by the end of the yr and for yrs to come.
    First of all it would take a lot more than voit to get a torp . Don’t forget he has a history of foot problems that have taken him off the field. So I am not convinced a team shopping a good young torp would ask for voit as the center piece . Just look at what the reds are trying to get for Castillo.

    And second like I said before if I am going to spend close to 50 mill on two players , one of them is going to be a starting pitcher . I just don’t see the sense in spending close to 50 mill on two position players when they only really need one of them
    Last edited by Posada20; 01-07-2021 at 03:17 AM.

  11. #2516
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    17,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Paying lindor and dj close to 50 mill combined while not adequately addressing the rotation doesn’t make a lot of sense to me . why would you want to weigh down the Yankees with two more big contracts and still not do enough about the pitching ? I would let dj walk , sign didi to a much cheaper and shorter contract , then used the saved money to get either both Tanaka and kluber or just sign Bauer . And then trade for some bullpen help . Why ? Because if I am gonna shell out close to 50 mill for two players , one of them is going to be a starting pitcher .
    you would really rather go with Didi, Tanaka, and Kluber Vs DJ, Lindor and whatever starting pitcher you could get for Voit plus ?

  12. #2517
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    you would really rather go with Didi, Tanaka, and Kluber Vs DJ, Lindor and whatever starting pitcher you could get for Voit plus ?
    They almost got to the ws with didi and Tanaka 3 years ago . Adding a healthy kluber to that I think would greatly increase their chances to getting to the ws . Plus , Getting both lindor and dj is just a luxury not a necessity . Getting both Tanaka and kluber is a necessity .
    Last edited by Posada20; 01-07-2021 at 04:01 AM.

  13. #2518
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Passan is reporting the Yanks have offered DJ 4yrs 84m (21m AAV) and DJ has asked for 5yrs110m (22.5mAAV). He also said he wants atleast 5yrs125m from any other team.

    So they aren't very far apart on money, it's the extra yr that is creating the gap.

    Apparently Justin Turner who is already 36 is asking for 4yrs80m. From their perspective according to insiders, they would rather pay a couple M more per yr to sign the 4yr younger and better all around player in DJ. If anyone doesn't think the Dodgers aren't a huge threat to steal DJ might want to think again.

    The funny thing is I would be 10x more comfortable signing him to a 5yr deal as a corner infielder but I would be extremely apprehensive of the same deal if he was signed primarily as a 2nd baseman.
    Wouldn't the obvious move be to offer DJ 4yrs 88m with an option based on DJ hitting certain metrics in his fourth year? Perhaps 4 yrs 90m with an 5th option year of 1 yr 20m.

  14. #2519
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    17,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    They almost got to the ws with didi and Tanaka 3 years ago . Adding a healthy kluber to that I think would greatly increase their chances to getting to the ws . Plus , Getting both lindor and dj is just a luxury not a necessity . Getting both Tanaka and kluber is a necessity .
    You think getting 2 starters, specifically Tanaka and Kluber is a must? They really only need 1, the 2nd would be extreme luxury.

    You have criticized Tanaka for not being good enough to help them win a WS, Now he's a central part of making us s WS again ? Didi, Tanaka and Kluber plus a reliever is what you think would give us the best chance of winning a WS. Atleast you finally put some names behind your ideas

  15. #2520
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    You think getting 2 starters, specifically Tanaka and Kluber is a must? They really only need 1, the 2nd would be extreme luxury.

    You have criticized Tanaka for not being good enough to help them win a WS, Now he's a central part of making us s WS again ? Didi, Tanaka and Kluber plus a reliever is what you think would give us the best chance of winning a WS. Atleast you finally put some names behind your ideas
    Getting two starters is more of a must than getting both lindor and dj when their current #2 is a guy who just came back from TJ surgery 6 months ago followed by three guys whom we have no idea how they will do this season .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •