Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 166 of 256 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3834
  1. #2476
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Thatís the most ridiculous comment about Tank. That same logic...we havenít won a playoff game with Trout so letís cut him. Yes, they havenít won the WS with Tank as their ace, but now if heís your game 3 starter? Different scenario.
    He was their game 3 starter last season against the rays . How did that turn out?
    Oh and why was he even pushed back to game 3 in that series when he was the game 2 starter in the previous series ? His last two seasons he was not that good at all and you wonder why I donít want him back ? Itís more like you are being the ridiculous one if you think he is truly worth bringing back .
    Last edited by Posada20; 01-06-2021 at 12:59 AM.

  2. #2477
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    He was their game 3 starter last season against the rays . How did that turn out?
    Oh and why was he even pushed back to game 3 in that series when he was the game 2 starter in the previous series ? His last two seasons he was not that good at all and you wonder why I donít want him back ? Itís more like you are being the ridiculous one if you think he is truly worth bringing back .
    He was the game 3 starter in the Tampa series because the incredibly bright people in the analytics dept and front office were trying to trick Tampa by opening with opening with Garcia and then going to Happ early.

    I'll agree Tanaka wasn't great in 19 but that was largely due to 2 really, really bad starts. Last yr he bounced back with a 3.54 ERA over 10 starts which is better than his career ERA of 3.74. You're making him out like he's barely worth of being a 4th/5th starter but in reality he would be a above average 2/3 type on most teams. We don't have anything approaching that kind of track record till Sevy gets back. Tanaka might not be a flashy ace but he's a damn solid starter and there is alot of value in having a pitcher like that, no matter how you define a players value

    At 10-12m Tanaka would be a solid return to the rotation and better than anything we have outside of Cole to begin the season. Unless Hal and Cash are just crying poor and are going to hit the screw it button and go all in regardless, their isn't going to be a big, sexy TOR starter signed. They atleast for now have a very tight budget and are going to be looking for value in the market.

    You can't honestly say that you wouldn't take Tanaka and Paxton back on 1yr lower salary type deals rather than just go with what they have now. Castillio would be amazing but Cincy wants to be absolutely blown away and i just don't see the Yanks doing that and they certainly aren't going to pay Bauer anywhere close to what he's asking for. The options aren't great and Tanaka may end up being the best we could end up with. Not what i want or do i think its the best move but listening to the way everyone is talking about the Yanks plans guys like those mentioned might be the most realistic
    Last edited by dayners81; 01-06-2021 at 03:23 AM.

  3. #2478
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    404
    Eric Cressey, who runs Cressey Sports Performance, was named the Yankeesí director of health and performance last offseason and is training Kluber through rehab this offseason. Yankees pitching coach Matt Blake worked at Cressey Sports before joining the Indians as director of pitching performance in 2016 and, thus, was with Kluber for his final four Cleveland seasons. -Sherman

    With so many connections, I have to think if Kluber is truly healthy the yanks will make a play for him.

  4. #2479
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,243
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    He was the game 3 starter in the Tampa series because the incredibly bright people in the analytics dept and front office were trying to trick Tampa by opening with opening with Garcia and then going to Happ early.

    I'll agree Tanaka wasn't great in 19 but that was largely due to 2 really, really bad starts. Last yr he bounced back with a 3.54 ERA over 10 starts which is better than his career ERA of 3.74. You're making him out like he's barely worth of being a 4th/5th starter but in reality he would be a above average 2/3 type on most teams. We don't have anything approaching that kind of track record till Sevy gets back. Tanaka might not be a flashy ace but he's a damn solid starter and there is alot of value in having a pitcher like that, no matter how you define a players value

    At 10-12m Tanaka would be a solid return to the rotation and better than anything we have outside of Cole to begin the season. Unless Hal and Cash are just crying poor and are going to hit the screw it button and go all in regardless, their isn't going to be a big, sexy TOR starter signed. They atleast for now have a very tight budget and are going to be looking for value in the market.

    You can't honestly say that you wouldn't take Tanaka and Paxton back on 1yr lower salary type deals rather than just go with what they have now. Castillio would be amazing but Cincy wants to be absolutely blown away and i just don't see the Yanks doing that and they certainly aren't going to pay Bauer anywhere close to what he's asking for. The options aren't great and Tanaka may end up being the best we could end up with. Not what i want or do i think its the best move but listening to the way everyone is talking about the Yanks plans guys like those mentioned might be the most realistic
    tanaka lost his magic in the post season..

  5. #2480
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    He was their game 3 starter last season against the rays . How did that turn out?
    Oh and why was he even pushed back to game 3 in that series when he was the game 2 starter in the previous series ? His last two seasons he was not that good at all and you wonder why I donít want him back ? Itís more like you are being the ridiculous one if you think he is truly worth bringing back .
    No team has won the World Series with Cole, so we shouldnít have signed him either.

  6. #2481
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    He was the game 3 starter in the Tampa series because the incredibly bright people in the analytics dept and front office were trying to trick Tampa by opening with opening with Garcia and then going to Happ early.

    I'll agree Tanaka wasn't great in 19 but that was largely due to 2 really, really bad starts. Last yr he bounced back with a 3.54 ERA over 10 starts which is better than his career ERA of 3.74. You're making him out like he's barely worth of being a 4th/5th starter but in reality he would be a above average 2/3 type on most teams. We don't have anything approaching that kind of track record till Sevy gets back. Tanaka might not be a flashy ace but he's a damn solid starter and there is alot of value in having a pitcher like that, no matter how you define a players value

    At 10-12m Tanaka would be a solid return to the rotation and better than anything we have outside of Cole to begin the season. Unless Hal and Cash are just crying poor and are going to hit the screw it button and go all in regardless, their isn't going to be a big, sexy TOR starter signed. They atleast for now have a very tight budget and are going to be looking for value in the market.

    You can't honestly say that you wouldn't take Tanaka and Paxton back on 1yr lower salary type deals rather than just go with what they have now. Castillio would be amazing but Cincy wants to be absolutely blown away and i just don't see the Yanks doing that and they certainly aren't going to pay Bauer anywhere close to what he's asking for. The options aren't great and Tanaka may end up being the best we could end up with. Not what i want or do i think its the best move but listening to the way everyone is talking about the Yanks plans guys like those mentioned might be the most realistic
    I would most definitely not take paxton back at all , his last injury to his elbow should be enough of a red flag to cut him loose . Like I said before I think he could be a prime candidate for TJ surgery in the not too distant future . As for Tanaka I would be surprised if he took just a one year contract , I would think he would go home to Japan instead . And he is a number 3 starter at best days . He hasnít been an above average 2 starter in years .
    Last edited by Posada20; 01-06-2021 at 04:16 AM.

  7. #2482
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    No team has won the World Series with Cole, so we shouldnít have signed him either.
    But he has taken one team to the ws as an ace . Thatís a lot more than the yanks got in the 7 years from Tanaka

  8. #2483
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    But he has taken one team to the ws as an ace . Thatís a lot more than the yanks got in the 7 years from Tanaka
    And **** the bed against Boston in the 18 ALCS.

    Again, no one here is saying bring Tanaka back as an ace. But signing him to a 1 year deal along with Kluber isnít a bad move. And wonít break the bank

  9. #2484
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    And **** the bed against Boston in the 18 ALCS.

    Again, no one here is saying bring Tanaka back as an ace. But signing him to a 1 year deal along with Kluber isnít a bad move. And wonít break the bank
    Boston cheated that year and hit everyone including verlander and the dodgers pitching in the ws. Tanaka was destroyed in both starts last season in the playoffs and was hit hard once in the 2019 playoffs . While signing Tanaka and kluber would not be a bad move, I would rather over pay in prospects for Castillo and sign kluber before bringing back Tanaka .

  10. #2485
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,491
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Eric Cressey, who runs Cressey Sports Performance, was named the Yankeesí director of health and performance last offseason and is training Kluber through rehab this offseason. Yankees pitching coach Matt Blake worked at Cressey Sports before joining the Indians as director of pitching performance in 2016 and, thus, was with Kluber for his final four Cleveland seasons. -Sherman

    With so many connections, I have to think if Kluber is truly healthy the yanks will make a play for him.
    I really think of the available pitching thats available Kluber makes the most sense for us. I really don't think he'll be any worse than a number 3 and at his best he could be an elite #2. We have the coaches that know him the best and how to keep him healthy, makes alot of sense

  11. #2486
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I really think of the available pitching thats available Kluber makes the most sense for us. I really don't think he'll be any worse than a number 3 and at his best he could be an elite #2. We have the coaches that know him the best and how to keep him healthy, makes alot of sense
    I would take kluber over Paxton any day thatís for sure

  12. #2487
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I would take kluber over Paxton any day thatís for sure
    didn't see that one coming

  13. #2488
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,491
    Passan is reporting the Yanks have offered DJ 4yrs 84m (21m AAV) and DJ has asked for 5yrs110m (22.5mAAV). He also said he wants atleast 5yrs125m from any other team.

    So they aren't very far apart on money, it's the extra yr that is creating the gap.

    Apparently Justin Turner who is already 36 is asking for 4yrs80m. From their perspective according to insiders, they would rather pay a couple M more per yr to sign the 4yr younger and better all around player in DJ. If anyone doesn't think the Dodgers aren't a huge threat to steal DJ might want to think again.

    The funny thing is I would be 10x more comfortable signing him to a 5yr deal as a corner infielder but I would be extremely apprehensive of the same deal if he was signed primarily as a 2nd baseman.

  14. #2489
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    42,774
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    No team has won the World Series with Cole, so we shouldnít have signed him either.






    (This is also for the bed ******** post)



    Ignorance is bliss

  15. #2490
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    42,774
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Eric Cressey, who runs Cressey Sports Performance, was named the Yankeesí director of health and performance last offseason and is training Kluber through rehab this offseason. Yankees pitching coach Matt Blake worked at Cressey Sports before joining the Indians as director of pitching performance in 2016 and, thus, was with Kluber for his final four Cleveland seasons. -Sherman

    With so many connections, I have to think if Kluber is truly healthy the yanks will make a play for him.
    Those are some insightful dots to connect. It never entered my field of vision but it's a really good observation.



    Ignorance is bliss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •