Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 155 of 256 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3833
  1. #2311
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,352
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Exactly my point. Digging a little deeper into the trade, how can someone say it would take something significantly more than Garcia (or Schmidt), Miggy and 2 to 3 lotto tix?
    Yep. I was defending your position as I happen to agree completely.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  2. #2312
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,352
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    when covid is contained by this fall.. 2021 off season the yanks will make big moves since fans will be allowed full attendance in the 2022 season.. you just have to wait a year ..
    True....but the bargains are to be had now. Small and mid market teams are dumping payroll faster than a lost toupee in a hurricane. Wait until revs are generating the sense of urgency is gone.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  3. #2313
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    36,286
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    True....but the bargains are to be had now. Small and mid market teams are dumping payroll faster than a lost toupee in a hurricane. Wait until revs are generating the sense of urgency is gone.
    Spoken like a man with a personal experience losing a toupee in a hurricane.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  4. #2314
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    6,653
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    when covid is contained by this fall.. 2021 off season the yanks will make big moves since fans will be allowed full attendance in the 2022 season.. you just have to wait a year ..
    Problem is there won’t be any torps available next off season . Next off season will mainly be about free agent short stops . This off season the Yankees should be taking advantage of great deals that can be had but of course cashman is sitting on his hands waiting on dj .
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-28-2020 at 07:55 PM.

  5. #2315
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Problem is there won’t be any torps available next off season . Next off season will mainly be about free agent short stops . This off season the Yankees should be taking advantage of great deals that can be had but of course cashman is sitting on his hands waiting on dj .
    yanks ownership is more concerned about the massive amounts of money they will lose for a second year in a row..

  6. #2316
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    6,653
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    yanks ownership is more concerned about the massive amounts of money they will lose for a second year in a row..
    They are gonna lose even more when fans are allowed back . Who after the pandemic is gonna want to spend on season tickets anymore ? Especially to a team who’s front office doesn’t care about their fan base ?

  7. #2317
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Problem is there won’t be any torps available next off season . Next off season will mainly be about free agent short stops . This off season the Yankees should be taking advantage of great deals that can be had but of course cashman is sitting on his hands waiting on dj .
    Prospective free agents: Aaron Nola, Noah Syndergaard, Clayton Kershaw, Corey Kluber, Max Scherzer, Zack Greinke Chris Archer, Mike Foltynewicz
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  8. #2318
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,352
    New York Yankees
    Gary Sheffield Jr.
    @GarysheffieldJr

    The Padres are moving like the Yankees back in the day. Ya know, when the Yankees used to win when it mattered.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  9. #2319
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    36,286
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    New York Yankees
    Gary Sheffield Jr.
    @GarysheffieldJr

    The Padres are moving like the Yankees back in the day. Ya know, when the Yankees used to win when it mattered.
    He's not really wrong, lol.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  10. #2320
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    6,653
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Prospective free agents: Aaron Nola, Noah Syndergaard, Clayton Kershaw, Corey Kluber, Max Scherzer, Zack Greinke Chris Archer, Mike Foltynewicz
    I said torp , Nola is the only one in that group we know for sure is still a torp . Syndergaard is gonna be just coming back from TJ , kershaw , kluber , scherzer and grienkie are on the wrong side of 30 to be a torp to the Yankees in 2022 . Chris archer and foltynewicz are not torp either . The only pitcher I could see being truly worth going after in that group is Nola .

  11. #2321
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    6,653
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    New York Yankees
    Gary Sheffield Jr.
    @GarysheffieldJr

    The Padres are moving like the Yankees back in the day. Ya know, when the Yankees used to win when it mattered.
    It’s a sad time to be a Yankees fan . George is turning in his grave

  12. #2322
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    10,507
    Padres get Darvish also, that gets them alot closer to the Dodgers

  13. #2323
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    6,653
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Padres get Darvish also, that gets them alot closer to the Dodgers
    That it does . Meanwhile the Yankees are closer to the O’s than they are the dodgers

  14. #2324
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,352
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Padres get Darvish also, that gets them alot closer to the Dodgers
    Phil Hughes@PJHughes45
    25m
    Are the Padres a good baseball team?
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  15. #2325
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,352
    Jeff Passan
    @JeffPassan
    The Yu Darvish-to-the-Padres deal is on the verge of happening, sources tell ESPN. Darvish is expected to go with Victor Caratini to SD. Cubs' return is Zach Davies and four young prospects: OF Owen Caissie (18), SS Reggie Preciado (17), OF Ismael Mena (18), Yeison Santana (20).
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •