Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 154 of 256 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3834
  1. #2296
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    42,792
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Don't forget they already lost Morton as well. That two huge blows to an already thin rotation.
    Totally spaced on Morton. Yeah, the Rays are basically flipping off their fans if they are just having a fire sale.
    Maybe they have another plan yet to be disclosed.



    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #2297
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    You mention all these teams that did nothing. You do realize it's only DECEMBER. Still plenty of time for plenty of deals. Good and plenty. :}
    True. Unfortunately I do not have high level sources like KJ and I cannot see the future like Eeyore so I am limited to what is knowable now.

  3. #2298
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,892
    In one day the Padres are going to secure 2 front end pitchers and a talented young infielder for prospects and a low AAV outlay....and we could not do this because????

    Oh right, the NYY are poor.

  4. #2299
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    63,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I am surprised the Padres are being so aggressive since even with snell they still canít get past the dodgers . And as for cashman I said that 2 months ago . I donít expect him to do anything substantial anymore . Not since the 2018 off season.
    Snell ain't the only move they've made. Regardless, you don't just give up because there's another team in the division that looks to be superior on paper. So much can happen over the course of a season and it's not always the team that looks best preseason that hoists the championship trophy at the end of the year.

  5. #2300
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Kind of my line of thinking as well. If the Pads got him for a top 20 spec, a former top 20 spec that canít seem to hit at the major league level (to the point the Pads went out and traded for another catcher at the deadline) and didnít have a position with his former club and two lottery tickets, how much more would Castillo really cost? Garcia, Miggy, and 2-3 lotto tickets?
    Miggyís value is low and lots of teams donít place much value on Garciaís makeup. You want Castillo, itís gonna take Dominguez, Medina, Gil and lottery ticket.

  6. #2301
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    In one day the Padres are going to secure 2 front end pitchers and a talented young infielder for prospects and a low AAV outlay....and we could not do this because????

    Oh right, the NYY are poor.
    Padres wanna win. White Sox wanna win. Jays wanna win. They may fail but they are attempting to go all in. Yankees have not done that with this core. The staff surrounding Cole is a complete embarrassment. Besides Bauer and Castillo (neither of which I believe is possible), who else is available? I think itís time to consider a GM change. Letís get someone younger that isnít satisfied with just making the playoffs.

  7. #2302
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    38,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    Padres wanna win. White Sox wanna win. Jays wanna win. They may fail but they are attempting to go all in. Yankees have not done that with this core. The staff surrounding Cole is a complete embarrassment. Besides Bauer and Castillo (neither of which I believe is possible), who else is available? I think itís time to consider a GM change. Letís get someone younger that isnít satisfied with just making the playoffs.
    KJ!!

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  8. #2303
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    38,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    Miggyís value is low and lots of teams donít place much value on Garciaís makeup. You want Castillo, itís gonna take Dominguez, Medina, Gil and lottery ticket.
    Kj, did your sauce tell you this?

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  9. #2304
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    38,086
    I would like to go on the record tho and say I think snell is over rated as ****.

    From 2016-2020 he pitched over 130 innings one time(180ish to be exact)

    He just doesn't go deep, into games, either.

    Think the Rays got a good haul for a 5 Inning pitcher.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 12-28-2020 at 05:53 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  10. #2305
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    Padres wanna win. White Sox wanna win. Jays wanna win. They may fail but they are attempting to go all in. Yankees have not done that with this core. The staff surrounding Cole is a complete embarrassment. Besides Bauer and Castillo (neither of which I believe is possible), who else is available? I think itís time to consider a GM change. Letís get someone younger that isnít satisfied with just making the playoffs.

    Cashman and Hal never cared about winning a World Series , atleast not since 09 . They only care about putting a ď competitive ď team out there . And now are not even doing that . Itís a sad day when the Yankees are now being run like the mets were and the mets are being run like the Yankees used to be . Cashman will always be the GM until he doesnít want to anymore . Why? Because again hal doesnít give a crap anymore . He just wants to put as money in his and his fellow owners pockets as he can .
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-28-2020 at 06:13 PM.

  11. #2306
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    In one day the Padres are going to secure 2 front end pitchers and a talented young infielder for prospects and a low AAV outlay....and we could not do this because????

    Oh right, the NYY are poor.
    More like poorly run . How else do you explain their constant rewarding of failure ?

  12. #2307
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    Miggyís value is low and lots of teams donít place much value on Garciaís makeup. You want Castillo, itís gonna take Dominguez, Medina, Gil and lottery ticket.
    Why? Why should Castillo cost substantially more than a Cy Young winner? What exactly did the Rays get?

    Patino is the closest thing the Rays' return has to a "centerpiece." He spent most of the season in the majors, working an ineffectual 11 appearances. Patino is a quality athlete who averaged 97 mph on his heater and who generated nearly 50 percent whiffs with his slider during his big-league outings. He's on the smaller side, however, and he needs to continue to develop his changeup and his command if he wants to remain in a starting role long-term. The Rays have a history of suppressing their best players' service time; in Patino's case, it seems reasonable to think he could stand for more seasoning: coming into 2020, he'd appeared in just two games above the A-ball level.

    Mejia is the closest thing the Rays' return has to a "veteran." He's accrued more than two years of service to date, putting him a season away from reaching arbitration. There have long been concerns that Mejia is too small to handle a full workload behind the dish (he's listed at 5-foot-8, 188 pounds); it doesn't help his case that he graded as a below-average framer prior to an uptick in 2020 that could be a small-sample mirage. The Rays could have him try his hand at another position -- perhaps DH if they find a taker for Yoshi Tsutsugo -- as a means of freeing up his bat. The downside is that Mejia hasn't hit much as a big-league player: his career line is .225/.282/.386 (78 OPS+) through his first 362 plate appearances. He has been better against righties, at least.

    Wilcox, San Diego's third-round pick this year, hasn't yet made his professional debut. The Padres pried him away from returning to the University of Georgia by handing him a signing bonus exceeding $3 million. Wilcox has a starter's frame and a good slider, but some evaluators feel he's likely to end up in the bullpen -- where, to be fair, he could sink and slide his way into a high-leverage role.

    Then there's Hunt, the Padres' second-round pick in 2017, who is the inverse of Mejia in the sense that he's larger than the standard backstop (6-foot-3, 215 pounds). Hunt had been a better-than-average hitter in each of the past two seasons, and that was before he altered his swing this year. Depending on if that change will allow him to tap into more raw power once the minors resume, he could be one worth watching.

    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/b...t-not-be-done/

  13. #2308
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    I agree the rays really got robbed there imo . A guy like snell should net one player thatís in the majors. And if the Padres can get snell for that , then the Yankees should be able to get Castillo at a reasonable price .
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-28-2020 at 07:16 PM.

  14. #2309
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I agree the rays really got robbed there imo . A guy like snell should net one player thatís in the majors. And if the Padres can get snell for that , then the Yankees should be able to get Castillo at a reasonable price .
    when covid is contained by this fall.. 2021 off season the yanks will make big moves since fans will be allowed full attendance in the 2022 season.. you just have to wait a year ..

  15. #2310
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Why? Why should Castillo cost substantially more than a Cy Young winner? What exactly did the Rays get?

    Patino is the closest thing the Rays' return has to a "centerpiece." He spent most of the season in the majors, working an ineffectual 11 appearances. Patino is a quality athlete who averaged 97 mph on his heater and who generated nearly 50 percent whiffs with his slider during his big-league outings. He's on the smaller side, however, and he needs to continue to develop his changeup and his command if he wants to remain in a starting role long-term. The Rays have a history of suppressing their best players' service time; in Patino's case, it seems reasonable to think he could stand for more seasoning: coming into 2020, he'd appeared in just two games above the A-ball level.

    Mejia is the closest thing the Rays' return has to a "veteran." He's accrued more than two years of service to date, putting him a season away from reaching arbitration. There have long been concerns that Mejia is too small to handle a full workload behind the dish (he's listed at 5-foot-8, 188 pounds); it doesn't help his case that he graded as a below-average framer prior to an uptick in 2020 that could be a small-sample mirage. The Rays could have him try his hand at another position -- perhaps DH if they find a taker for Yoshi Tsutsugo -- as a means of freeing up his bat. The downside is that Mejia hasn't hit much as a big-league player: his career line is .225/.282/.386 (78 OPS+) through his first 362 plate appearances. He has been better against righties, at least.

    Wilcox, San Diego's third-round pick this year, hasn't yet made his professional debut. The Padres pried him away from returning to the University of Georgia by handing him a signing bonus exceeding $3 million. Wilcox has a starter's frame and a good slider, but some evaluators feel he's likely to end up in the bullpen -- where, to be fair, he could sink and slide his way into a high-leverage role.

    Then there's Hunt, the Padres' second-round pick in 2017, who is the inverse of Mejia in the sense that he's larger than the standard backstop (6-foot-3, 215 pounds). Hunt had been a better-than-average hitter in each of the past two seasons, and that was before he altered his swing this year. Depending on if that change will allow him to tap into more raw power once the minors resume, he could be one worth watching.

    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/b...t-not-be-done/
    Exactly my point. Digging a little deeper into the trade, how can someone say it would take something significantly more than Garcia (or Schmidt), Miggy and 2 to 3 lotto tix?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •