Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 153 of 256 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3834
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...w-york-yankees

Not sure what to make of this. On one hand, how could he not know why he was benched? You hit like you were trying out being a switch hitter for the first time. On the other, how could a manager not talk to his players about whatís going on? It does always make me laugh when players act shocked that Yankees fans will boo them.

I guess the take away is that Gary needs a lot of hand holding. Even his comments about the batting practice coach not being there to talk to. Just seems like a headache to me.
    It is simple , Sanchez is a spoiled full of himself lazy player that needs to be coddled in order to play well . Itís that type of attitude that is not needed on this team . I saw this years ago when he was benched while he was in the minors . If cashman was smart he would trade him for whatever he can get, even if it is just a bag of baseballs .

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...w-york-yankees

Not sure what to make of this. On one hand, how could he not know why he was benched? You hit like you were trying out being a switch hitter for the first time. On the other, how could a manager not talk to his players about whatís going on? It does always make me laugh when players act shocked that Yankees fans will boo them.

I guess the take away is that Gary needs a lot of hand holding. Even his comments about the batting practice coach not being there to talk to. Just seems like a headache to me.
    It's denial. He fails to take any responsibility for his role in the benching. No self awareness. Unless and until he wakes up and owns his problems they will never improve. He doesn't need to be told.

He did need a mentor. Torre, Pena helped him. But he's not "a kid" any longer. A green rook that needs to be protected and shown the ropes. It's time to sink or swim.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    It's denial. He fails to take any responsibility for his role in the benching. No self awareness. Unless and until he wakes up and owns his problems they will never improve. He doesn't need to be told.

He did need a mentor. Torre, Pena helped him. But he's not "a kid" any longer. A green rook that needs to be protected and shown the ropes. It's time to sink or swim.
    "I didn't know why I wasn't playing, if it was my defense or because I wasn't hitting"

I think he knew to an extent but didn't have the awareness it was both.
    Gary just is't a very smart guy.

Ignorance is bliss

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    "I didn't know why I wasn't playing, if it was my defense or because I wasn't hitting"

I think he knew to an extent but didn't have the awareness it was both.
    Gary just is't a very smart guy.
    I think there was a misunderstanding with that.

He mentioned when something happens be is usually told by the manager why it is happening.

He's saying he wasn't told why he was benched.

I mean it was obvious as to why(to basically everyone) but they didn't tell him when they did it. That is what it appears he is saying.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yep.

Unless they have a pitcher in their system they think can take his place.

And they always seem to have that pitcher
    Don't forget they already lost Morton as well. That's two huge blows to an already thin rotation.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 12-28-2020 at 05:40 PM.

Quick poll, would you rather have Snell or Castillo? Both 28, both have 3 years left of control. Snell at $10M per and Castillo reaching his first year of arbitration will make $4.4 this year and will probably surpass $10 next year

Quick poll, would you rather have Snell or Castillo? Both 28, both have 3 years left of control. Snell at $10M per and Castillo reaching his first year of arbitration will make $4.4 this year and will probably surpass $10 next year
    Can't go wrong with either. However I'm going with the Cy Young winner from the AL East. Battle tested and proven.

Can't go wrong with either. However I'm going with the Cy Young winner from the AL East. Battle tested and proven.
    Kind of my line of thinking as well. If the Pads got him for a top 20 spec, a former top 20 spec that canít seem to hit at the major league level (to the point the Pads went out and traded for another catcher at the deadline) and didnít have a position with his former club and two lottery tickets, how much more would Castillo really cost? Garcia, Miggy, and 2-3 lotto tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I think there was a misunderstanding with that.

He mentioned when something happens be is usually told by the manager why it is happening.

He's saying he wasn't told why he was benched.

I mean it was obvious as to why(to basically everyone) but they didn't tell him when they did it. That is what it appears he is saying.

Agreed. I was making fun of him for thinking it was one or the other and not both.

Ignorance is bliss

You mean he had girardi to mentor him , torre hasnít been anywhere near the Yankees since 2007 .

How can you expect him to take responsibility for anything when he has been coddled throughout his career ? I mean he was benched for disciplinary reasons back in the minors , did they address that ? No . They rewarded him by bringing him up to the majors later on . Then when girardi correctly pointed out what Sanchez was , did they do anything then ? No they rewarded him by firing girardi and getting rid of pena . And now after such a dismal year cashman rewards him yet again by not only giving him a hefty raise but publicly stating that he will be their starting catcher next season . There is just no accountability with this front office . It makes me sick

Kind of my line of thinking as well. If the Pads got him for a top 20 spec, a former top 20 spec that canít seem to hit at the major league level (to the point the Pads went out and traded for another catcher at the deadline) and didnít have a position with his former club and two lottery tickets, how much more would Castillo really cost? Garcia, Miggy, and 2-3 lotto tickets?
    Yankees need to do whatever they need to , to get Castillo imo .

Padres are clearly the aggressors out there right now. Pretty obvious Cash is not going to do anything. Bet the plan is to let DJ price himself out of the Yankees and then resign either Tank or Paxton and call it a day.

Wonder if Gio can play short.

Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    Padres are clearly the aggressors out there right now. Pretty obvious Cash is not going to do anything. Bet the plan is to let DJ price himself out of the Yankees and then resign either Tank or Paxton and call it a day.

Wonder if Gio can play short.
    I am surprised the Padres are being so aggressive since even with snell they still canít get past the dodgers . And as for cashman I said that 2 months ago . I donít expect him to do anything substantial anymore . Not since the 2018 off season.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    The Padres have reached an agreement with Ha-seong Kim. Along with obviously their two most recent additions in the rotation.

They're also in talks to aquire Darvish from the cubs.

That is a team making moves. I'm impressed.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    The Padres have reached an agreement with Ha-seong Kim. Along with obviously their two most recent additions in the rotation.

They're also in talks to aquire Darvish from the cubs.

That is a team making moves. I'm impressed.

Good to see a GM and owner taking advantage of the situation and not sitting on their hands.

Ignorance is bliss