Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 136 of 256 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3834
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Jesus.
    I actually agreed that Castillo should be traded for , just donít think they should give up too much . That was my only point

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Look at Bauers career stats, he only has 3yrs with an ERA under 4 . He had 1 great yr in Cleveland and was impressive 11 starts last yr. Other than those 2 seasons there is nothing to suggest he will perform like that yr in and yr out. For his career he is an avg 2.1 War player and in 19 he actually had a negative WAR in Cincy. In this last 21 starts, spanning his whole time in Cincy, he had a 3.20 ERA and was only worth 2.2 War pitching in the easiest division in baseball.

You really think giving him a 7-8 yr deal for a minimum 32m but likely closer to 35m a yr to a pitcher that is going to be 30 to start the season really would be the best use of that money? We already have 1 pitcher we pay over 1m a start IMO it would be a bad idea to commit that much money to another player that only plays 30-35 games a yr, if he stays healthy.

I completely agree they need to upgrade the rotation but i'm completely against committing that much money to Bauer who is already going to be 30 to start the season. He has a huge foot in mouth problem that wouldn't play well in the NY press, has a bad relationship with Cole and has very, very little in his history that suggest he is going to be elite yr in and yr out going forward. Bauer isn't anywhere close to being in Coles. Degrom, Scherzers leagues, those are the kind of pitchers you give massive long term contract to, not a guy that had 1 great yr and was really good in just 11 starts last yr. He may be the best pitcher on the FA market but that doesn't mean he's worth 30-35m a yr for 7yrs plus. Also lets not forget he put up "big" numbers last yr in the NL Central, as you pointed out the easiest division to pitch in in baseball. He also as spent the majority of his career in the AL Central which u also pointed out as another one of the easiest divisions to pitch in and you have no concern that his performance won't drop off going to a one of the toughest divisions? Speaking of bad long term planning you really think its wise to commit 65-70 m a yr for 2 pitchers into their late 30s is the best use of that kind of money? Those 2 contract could become albatrosses in the later yrs.

If your going to be handing out massive contracts its usually the better move both in the short and long term to give them to elite players that will influence more than 35 games a yr and the younger the better. I think there are far better uses of that kind of money than Bauer
    I don't see any way Bauer lands a $245MM+ deal. He might get 2-3 years at $35MM per but no way he gets a 7-8 year deal at that high of a rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    No way Bauer deserves Cole money. I don't think he will get it. I think that would have happened already. I also don't think he signs a deal in NY, with either team if it means he makes less than Cole.

I hope I'm wrong and he signs a deal (for simplicities sake) 5 years at 140. 28 per? 4 a year less than Cole
    I haven't seen anyone suggest him getting more than 30 per and I haven't seen that in a while. Then again, I haven't been looking.
    Agreed. Bauer can be great but is not in the same class as Cole at the time Cole hit free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I donít know if he is worth a lot but he is worth taking a serious look at and taking a run for thatís for sure . I certainly would try to trade for him
    You don't know if Castillo is worth a lot?

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    This is the exact type of guy to pursue. Great, young, and cheap. They should be willing to give up a lot for Castillo.
    They can have anyone not named The Martian from the minors.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    He is worth either Garcia or Schmidt plus andujar , and some top pitching prospects . Just not sure he is worth a lot more than that

He does not watch baseball

His words, not mine.

Hard to take him seriously.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

I don't see any way Bauer lands a $245MM+ deal. He might get 2-3 years at $35MM per but no way he gets a 7-8 year deal at that high of a rate.
    I agree with you . I see him getting 25 mill or so per year . The only team I could see possibly giving him more than that is the mets since they seem to be throwing money around right now . No other team seems to be willing to spend really big money on anyone this off season . I havenít seen anywhere that he is seeking 7 years or more , only that he wants big money .
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-20-2020 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    IMO Sevy and German combo >Bauer. They will have an impact in 2021 AND for far less bread.

No way does Bauer deserve Cole level money. Also don't need the headache.
    IMO:

1. Bauer won't get near Cole money

2. I might view Bauer differently than you. He's about where Cole was when he left Pittsburgh. He's going to be a beast for the next few years for whoever signs him. That won't be the Yankees under current budget constraints.

3. You are putting way too much faith in Sevy and German. After being away from the MLB, we have no way of knowing whether they will make their way back and they will be even close to where they were. In 2020, we may get a snapshot of whether they can be relied on in 2021. This is not the type of risk a big market team that just signed Cole take during its window.

Now that is a trade I could support and would be fine with . With him he could atleast be an innings eater behind cole .
    Castillo is the perfect fit and under control. Would be a HUGE addition. Puts us back in play. Worth the overpay.

He is worth either Garcia or Schmidt plus andujar , and some top pitching prospects . Just not sure he is worth a lot more than that
    That is a pretty big package, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    That is a pretty big package, no?
    Yeah that's a pretty big package.

What an asinine post you quoted. Lmao

DJ doesn't seem to be moving off 5/125. Is it time to move on?

DJ doesn't seem to be moving off 5/125. Is it time to move on?
    They should have moved on when he demanded 5 years period . If dj gets close to 25 mill per year then we know lindor will get atleast 30 mill

IMO:

1. Bauer won't get near Cole money

2. I might view Bauer differently than you. He's about where Cole was when he left Pittsburgh. He's going to be a beast for the next few years for whoever signs him. That won't be the Yankees under current budget constraints.

3. You are putting way too much faith in Sevy and German. After being away from the MLB, we have no way of knowing whether they will make their way back and they will be even close to where they were. In 2020, we may get a snapshot of whether they can be relied on in 2021. This is not the type of risk a big market team that just signed Cole take during its window.
    You have more faith and confidence in Bauer than I do. He may not get Cole money, but that will not preclude him from asking. Negotiations would be difficult. He would be difficult. Why bring the possibility of distraction into the clubhouse?

He is the best available arm. No question. What I do question is the fit.

Are you certain with any degree of confidence Sevy (by mid season) and German won't be contributors? There combined ability could far out weigh Bauers....with less baggage, and a drastically lower cost.

That said the recent Castillo chatter is intriguing.

Sell the Team, HAL!