Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 135 of 256 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3834
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Also, I think Monty will be better a year another removed from surgery. I think he improves and is a reliable guy.
    Now that I really believe will happen . I think he might have more potential than German

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    No matter which way you spin it , you are basing everything on just one season . Bauer has had to good seasons plus this past season . Again I wonít deny how good sevy can be but German hasnít proven anything yet and still has a lot to prove before anyone can say how big of an impact he can or will be , especially this coming season
    It ain't spin Jorge, it's fact. Numbers don't lie.

How many "great" seasons on Bauer resume' ? I'll take my chances with Sevy and German. Would I love rotation help, no question, just not Bauer and his exorbitant price tag for average career performance. He is just barely a .500 career pitcher.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Also, I think Monty will be better a year another removed from surgery. I think he improves and is a reliable guy.
    I agree. I think he slots perfectly as the 4 and if they are lucky, the 3.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    It ain't spin Jorge, it's fact. Numbers don't lie.

How many "great" seasons on Bauer resume' ? I'll take my chances with Sevy and German. Would I love rotation help, no question, just not Bauer and his exorbitant price tag for average career performance. He is just barely a .500 career pitcher.

I would say a career era of 3.90 with over 1100 innings pitched and having pitched over 200 innings twice makes him better than average . And better than germanís one good year with only 143 innings pitched . And numbers donít lie but they can be misleading .
    Just look at this article .
    About 2 paragraphs down it explains why his numbers from 2019 should not make someone think he is a sure thing in the rotation for 2021. In fact it even goes further and states that it may not be a good idea to have German pitch the second game in a playoff series .

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2020/12/16/22176637/yankees-mlb-offseason-dominican-winter-league-domingo-german-starting-rotation-coronavirus
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-20-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Agree. I also think Garcia, after his baptism by fire in playoffs, could impress. Still wonder about his durability over the longer haul.

Sell the Team, HAL!

I would say a career era of 3.90 with over 1100 innings pitched and having pitched over 200 innings twice makes him better than average . And better than germanís one good year with only 143 innings pitched . And numbers donít lie but they can be misleading .
    Just look at this article .
    About 2 paragraphs down it explains why his numbers from 2019 should not make someone think he is a sure thing in the rotation for 2021. In fact it even goes further and states that it may not be a good idea to have German pitch the second game in a playoff series .

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2020/...on-coronavirus
    Actually Jorge Bauer pitched 200+ innings once. In fairness shouldn't you be comparing Bauer to Sevy rather than the rook? In my comparison German was gravy, Sevy the potato.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Actually Jorge Bauer pitched 200+ innings once. In fairness shouldn't you be comparing Bauer to Sevy rather than the rook? In my comparison German was gravy, Sevy the potato.
    You are the one comparing Bauer to the rook since you said or atleast implied that the rook and sevy combined would be better than Bauer . And did you read the article I posted the link to ? It explains why germanís era and wins numbers in 2019 are misleading and why as of right now and going into the 2021 season he shouldnít be considered better than a #4 starter at best .

You are the one comparing Bauer to the rook since you said or atleast implied that the rook and sevy combined would be better than Bauer . And did you read the article I posted the link to ? It explains why germanís era and wins numbers in 2019 are misleading and why as of right now and going into the 2021 season he shouldnít be considered better than a #4 starter at best .
    Yes I did read the article. I disagree. It's the authors opinion, as I've told you many times....opinions are like azzholes we all have one. He chose to interpret certain stats in a very specific manner. He did mention it could have been fatigue that effected his latter season performance.

I would be ok with German as the #4, although I think he is better.

I suggested in a very simplistic, reductionist manner, using WAR alone, the combined value of Sevy and German was far greater than Bauer AND much cheaper without all the baggage.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Yes I did read the article. I disagree. It's the authors opinion, as I've told you many times....opinions are like azzholes we all have one. He chose to interpret certain stats in a very specific manner. He did mention it could have been fatigue that effected his latter season performance.

I suggested in a very simplistic, reductionist manner, using WAR alone, the combined value of Sevy and German was far greater than Bauer AND much cheaper without all the baggage.
    The writer used more than just one stat to back up his opinion plus charts and graphs showing his pitching locations . And yes he did say fatigue could have been a factor for his struggles that season but he also said that it will be a factor for this coming season as well and is yet another reason why he shouldnít be expected to be better than a #4 starter going into 2021 . Meanwhile you are basing your opinion one just one stat alone . That is hardly enough to assume he will a big factor in the upcoming season . Let alone to believe he will be better than Bauer this coming season

It appears Luis Castillo from the Reds is made available by the Reds in a trade. I rather go after him and have an actual #2 starter (he won't hit FA until 2024 and is arbitration eligible next year), dude is a stud at 28 years old.

I don't know what kind of package would land him but if I'm Cashman I would look hard at him. Especially with the logjam of bats we have in the outfield and some prospects with no real shot at the 2021 rotation and with a big ? involving having a minors season in this pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    It appears Luis Castillo from the Reds is made available by the Reds in a trade. I rather go after him and have an actual #2 starter (he won't hit FA until 2024 and is arbitration eligible next year), dude is a stud at 28 years old.

I don't know what kind of package would land him but if I'm Cashman I would look hard at him. Especially with the logjam of bats we have in the outfield and some prospects with no real shot at the 2021 rotation and with a big ? involving having a minors season in this pandemic.
    Now that is a trade I could support and would be fine with . With him he could atleast be an innings eater behind cole .

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman

Funny.

The guy who says what he says about the NL and AL, wants to sign a guy who has had limited success in the NL(mostly in the weak central division), and thinks he is exactly what the Yankees need.

A guy who our current staff ace and one of the best pitchers in baseball has reported issues with.

Such an odd argument. It basically goes against everything else he fights about.

Not surprised given said poster though.

I agree doc. Half a season from Sevy and German(especially at their salaries) is a much better and probably more successful scenario, compared to Bauer.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post

This is the exact type of guy to pursue. Great, young, and cheap. They should be willing to give up a lot for Castillo.

This is the exact type of guy to pursue. Great, young, and cheap. They should be willing to give up a lot for Castillo.
    I donít know if he is worth a lot but he is worth taking a serious look at and taking a run for thatís for sure . I certainly would try to trade for him

I donít know if he is worth a lot but he is worth taking a serious look at and taking a run for thatís for sure . I certainly would try to trade for him
    Jesus.