Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 133 of 256 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3834
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Look for those odds to change . Especially if the yanks don’t do enough about the starting rotation this off season . Either way according to that article the mets and Yankees aren’t that far apart in regards to their chances at making the ws . Both of in the top 6 teams favored to make the ws .
    The big difference here is that Cohen has cash and wants to make a splash. The Mets will be in on every single big ticket item, Hendricks, Springer, Arenado, Lindor, Bauer. I'm guessing you will see 3 more big ticket items for them.

The Yankees don't appear to be willing to use there financial might and seem content bringing back the same team. We would be lucky to see DJ, Gardy and Tanaka.

If you take this Mets team and add Springer, Hendricks, and Arenado/Lindor (and this seems like a very realistic scenario), then I do believe they have a better chance at the WS. FYI - supposedly Thor is well ahead of his TJ recovery timeline. I don't see the same encouraging comments about Sevy.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Have to agree. Given his age and contract demands, DJ is negotiating himself out of the Bronx. Imo Yankees will miss his bat and clutch performance.
    Almost X-mas, at what point do you have to move to plan B?

Quote Originally Posted by kj244 View Post
    Get anymore " rumors" from Machado's maid lately?

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Lmao dammit beat me to it.

Can't believe he showed his face again after all the BS he lied about here.

Wasn't it like Machados wife's hair dressers husband's cousins wife that told him that he was going to sign here.

And something along similar lines for harper signing here? But like house cleaner or something?

I don't remember exactly, it was all ********.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Yankees’ Gerrit Cole embraces mentor role for Deivi Garcia, Clarke Schmidt | ‘There are high ceilings out there’

“Early in my career, I had a real blessing to play with a lot of veterans,” Cole said this week in a YES Network interview for Yankees Hot Stove. “Some of the habits that I still have, I’ve learned from those guys and they’ve carried me throughout my career, and they’ve helped me improve.

“I think that was tremendously important for me, so I could imagine in New York and the bright lights coming up through that system (what it’s like for them). There’s an opportunity for guys to get better from learning from some of the things that I picked up from older guys a long time ago.”

Cole’s proteges include the Yankees’ top two pitching prospects, Deivi Garcia and Clarke Schmidt, both of whom debuted in the majors during the pandemic-shortened 2020 season. Fellow young righties Michael King and Nick Nelson also were rookies last season.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/12/y...out-there.html

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Lmao dammit beat me to it.

Can't believe he showed his face again after all the BS he lied about here.

Wasn't it like Machados wife's hair dressers husband's cousins wife that told him that he was going to sign here.

And something along similar lines for harper signing here? But like house cleaner or something?

I don't remember exactly, it was all ********.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I was rather shocked that he showed up as well. Everything he said was complete crap. Now that you mention it there was a cousin involved, i just don't remember if that was the connection to Manny or Harper.

Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    Yankees’ Gerrit Cole embraces mentor role for Deivi Garcia, Clarke Schmidt | ‘There are high ceilings out there’

“Early in my career, I had a real blessing to play with a lot of veterans,” Cole said this week in a YES Network interview for Yankees Hot Stove. “Some of the habits that I still have, I’ve learned from those guys and they’ve carried me throughout my career, and they’ve helped me improve.

“I think that was tremendously important for me, so I could imagine in New York and the bright lights coming up through that system (what it’s like for them). There’s an opportunity for guys to get better from learning from some of the things that I picked up from older guys a long time ago.”

Cole’s proteges include the Yankees’ top two pitching prospects, Deivi Garcia and Clarke Schmidt, both of whom debuted in the majors during the pandemic-shortened 2020 season. Fellow young righties Michael King and Nick Nelson also were rookies last season.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/12/y...out-there.html
    thats great news and one of the big reasons i wanted Cole here so badly. The young pitcher he should take under his wing or mentor is Sevy. Sevy is the same age and very similar stuff wise to Cole when he first went to Houston. If he could do for Sevy what Verlander did for him we would have as dominant 1-2 in baseball as there is IMO

Quote Originally Posted by kj244 View Post
    Imo they should have moved on from dj and made Bauer an offer by now .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Imo they should have moved on from dj and made Bauer an offer by now .
    Bauer want Cole type money and he alone isn't enough to fix all the issues the Yanks have for next yr. I don't disagree about moving on from DJ, especially if he insist on 5yr, but they are going to use their whole budget on 1 player. There hasn't been on spec of info from a reliable source that has connected the Yanks being seriously interested in Bauer. Plus with the contentious relationship Cole and Bauer have dating all the way back to college, do you really think its wise to bring in someone who would likely cause issues with 1 of the top 2 pitchers in baseball.

They desperately need a #2 but its incredibly unlikely its going to be Bauer. Committing 70m a yr very long term to 2 pitchers that will finish their contract in their late 30 could cause some serious financial flexibility issues long term.

Bauer want Cole type money and he alone isn't enough to fix all the issues the Yanks have for next yr. I don't disagree about moving on from DJ, especially if he insist on 5yr, but they are going to use their whole budget on 1 player. There hasn't been on spec of info from a reliable source that has connected the Yanks being seriously interested in Bauer. Plus with the contentious relationship Cole and Bauer have dating all the way back to college, do you really think its wise to bring in someone who would likely cause issues with 1 of the top 2 pitchers in baseball.

They desperately need a #2 but its incredibly unlikely its going to be Bauer. Committing 70m a yr very long term to 2 pitchers that will finish their contract in their late 30 could cause some serious financial flexibility issues long term.
    Bauer won’t fix all the issues they have but will dramatically improve their chances . Getting dj or lindor and going cheap on the starting pitching won’t do it either . If they are serious about winning a ws they need to address their starting pitching now . It is their biggest problem . And long term should be the least of their worries when their current window for a ws championship only has about 2 years left on it . Thinking long term will only be wasting the best years of their current core including cole . If they are really worried about long term then they shouldn’t be so worried about bringing back dj or trading for lindor . They should be starting a rebuild . You can’t shoot for a ws now and build for the long term at the same time . It hasn’t worked over the last 10 years , it won’t work now . And with how depressed the economy is in mlb and how slow the free agent market is so far , I don’t think Bauer will get Cole type money . A year ago he would have but right now I think he gets around 25 mill maybe a bit more . If there was a team willing to shelll out 30 mill plus tor him he would have gotten an offer by now.
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-20-2020 at 03:43 AM.

Rays get Wacha for 3m. Those are the kind of low risk. high reward type signings we should be making, especially for the BP

Look at Bauers career stats, he only has 3yrs with an ERA under 4 . He had 1 great yr in Cleveland and was impressive 11 starts last yr. Other than those 2 seasons there is nothing to suggest he will perform like that yr in and yr out. For his career he is an avg 2.1 War player and in 19 he actually had a negative WAR in Cincy. In this last 21 starts, spanning his whole time in Cincy, he had a 3.20 ERA and was only worth 2.2 War pitching in the easiest division in baseball.

You really think giving him a 7-8 yr deal for a minimum 32m but likely closer to 35m a yr to a pitcher that is going to be 30 to start the season really would be the best use of that money? We already have 1 pitcher we pay over 1m a start IMO it would be a bad idea to commit that much money to another player that only plays 30-35 games a yr, if he stays healthy.

I completely agree they need to upgrade the rotation but i'm completely against committing that much money to Bauer who is already going to be 30 to start the season. He has a huge foot in mouth problem that wouldn't play well in the NY press, has a bad relationship with Cole and has very, very little in his history that suggest he is going to be elite yr in and yr out going forward. Bauer isn't anywhere close to being in Coles. Degrom, Scherzers leagues, those are the kind of pitchers you give massive long term contract to, not a guy that had 1 great yr and was really good in just 11 starts last yr. He may be the best pitcher on the FA market but that doesn't mean he's worth 30-35m a yr for 7yrs plus. Also lets not forget he put up "big" numbers last yr in the NL Central, as you pointed out the easiest division to pitch in in baseball. He also as spent the majority of his career in the AL Central which u also pointed out as another one of the easiest divisions to pitch in and you have no concern that his performance won't drop off going to a one of the toughest divisions? Speaking of bad long term planning you really think its wise to commit 65-70 m a yr for 2 pitchers into their late 30s is the best use of that kind of money? Those 2 contract could become albatrosses in the later yrs.

If your going to be handing out massive contracts its usually the better move both in the short and long term to give them to elite players that will influence more than 35 games a yr and the younger the better. I think there are far better uses of that kind of money than Bauer
    Last edited by dayners81; 12-20-2020 at 05:08 AM.

Look at Bauers career stats, he only has 3yrs with an ERA under 4 . He had 1 great yr in Cleveland and was impressive 11 starts last yr. Other than those 2 seasons there is nothing to suggest he will perform like that yr in and yr out. For his career he is an avg 2.1 War player and in 19 he actually had a negative WAR in Cincy. In this last 21 starts, spanning his whole time in Cincy, he had a 3.20 ERA and was only worth 2.2 War pitching in the easiest division in baseball.

You really think giving him a 7-8 yr deal for a minimum 32m but likely closer to 35m a yr to a pitcher that is going to be 30 to start the season really would be the best use of that money? We already have 1 pitcher we pay over 1m a start IMO it would be a bad idea to commit that much money to another player that only plays 30-35 games a yr, if he stays healthy.

I completely agree they need to upgrade the rotation but i'm completely against committing that much money to Bauer who is already going to be 30 to start the season. He has a huge foot in mouth problem that wouldn't play well in the NY press, has a bad relationship with Cole and has very, very little in his history that suggest he is going to be elite yr in and yr out going forward. Bauer isn't anywhere close to being in Coles. Degrom, Scherzers leagues, those are the kind of pitchers you give massive long term contract to, not a guy that had 1 great yr and was really good in just 11 starts last yr. He may be the best pitcher on the FA market but that doesn't mean he's worth 30-35m a yr for 7yrs plus. Also lets not forget he put up "big" numbers last yr in the NL Central, as you pointed out the easiest division to pitch in in baseball. He also as spent the majority of his career in the AL Central which u also pointed out as another one of the easiest divisions to pitch in and you have no concern that his performance won't drop off going to a one of the toughest divisions? Speaking of bad long term planning you really think its wise to commit 65-70 m a yr for 2 pitchers into their late 30s is the best use of that kind of money? Those 2 contract could become albatrosses in the later yrs.

If your going to be handing out massive contracts its usually the better move both in the short and long term to give them to elite players that will influence more than 35 games a yr and the younger the better. I think there are far better uses of that kind of money than Bauer
    Ditto. He might cash in after a 60 game season, but it should not be at the Yankees expense.

Really how did it work out picking up Stanton ‘s contract ? And now you want to tie up another 20 to 30 mill at SS when they don’t really need another ss . Tell me how getting lindor or dj puts them any closer to a World Series when they don’t have nearly enough pitching to make it there ? And Bauer doesn’t have to be very close to cole , he just needs to be the number 2 starter the Yankees need . I still would rather sign Bauer and just go with one low risk high reward option for ss for next season since there will be Very good short stops available at the deadline and after next season . That makes a lot more sense . And it also makes no sense to worry so much about the later years of a contract when their current window is only another 2 years . I mean tell me who is going to replace Britton and Chapman when they hit free agency in 2 years ? What are they gonna do about Sanchez and judge when they hit free agency in 2 years ? Those are the things that need to be worried about. Not what will happen in 5 plus years .
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-20-2020 at 06:41 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

He thought he'd like right into the conversation the way he said Machado was going to slide into the Yankees lineup

Ignorance is bliss