Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 128 of 256 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 3833
    The Yankees can get Lindor for way less than Torres so there is no reason to even considering giving up Torres. The Indians would take Torres in a heartbeat because he has superstar potential similar to Lindor. The only difference is they can't afford Lindor and know they have to trade him with less leverage. Torres they would control cheaply for years. It would be best case scenario for the Indians.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    If Cleveland asked for a 1 for 1, Torres for Lindor, do you hang up?
    I know the potential of Torres. I also don't think he's a great fielder. He's good but I don't think he will ever be a great SS. He's also a serious K victim. Not as much as the big boys but he's at a 25% rate.

Again, I know how good he can be and might be. He is an excellent, young player. So is Lindor.

If you had a choice between those two players, who would you rather have?
    Yes. As much as I covet Lindor, Torres is a young stud with a very high ceiling. I think he has a better bat than Lindor and his glove needs time to mature.

As an aside, why would you help out Cleveland? They would jump at the chance of getting a cost controlled player almost equal in ability.

If DJ is resigned and destined for 2B, they will need to have patience with Torres at SS. If DJ isn't resigned then the possibility exists to move Torres over and entertain a SS. I think it would be wise to wait until next year when the cache of SS FA's is available for only cash.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    If were talking just next yr, i would take Lindor. I would probably take Lindor long term as well, i prefer his skill set over Torres, lower K% around 16%, makes more contact, is a SH and plays elite defense at a premium position.

That said because of Torres age and tremendous value because he has so much control left i wouldn't dream of trading him for 1yr of Lindor especially when u factor in the cost to resign him.

Cleveland isn't going to come close to getting a player of Torres proven caliber for 1yr of Lindor. Boston didn't come close to getting that kind of elite, proven talent for Betts. I know this isn't part of the question but i think the Yanks could easily put together a package to get Lindor without having to part with anyone from the starting lineup. I think a package of Andujar, Peraza, 1 of our top 10 pitching specs, Gil, Vizcaino or Gomez and a couple of lottery tickets could get it done. That would be very similar to the Verdugo, Downs and Wong package that Boston got for Betts

The real question is would you rather have Lindor or DJ? For me that a no brainer, i'll take the next 10yr of Lindor who hasn't reached his prime yet vs the next 5yrs of an already middle aged DJ
    Yeah, DJ vs. Lindor is a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    How about Lindor for Andujar, Tauchman, Loaisiga, Peraza & Florial?
    How about waiting until next year when you can have your pick of FA SS for nothing but money?
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Let's presume it's a sign and trade, so Lindor is here for 7 years.

1 for 1.
    Lindor at 27 til he's 34 for a fat contract
    Torres at 24 till he's 31 and at 27 will command a huge contract.

I think I role with Lindor. I fully respect the other opinion. I prefer Lindor's style of play
    That makes it more complicated but Torres would still be way cheaper overall. Though with a team like the Yankees saving a few bucks isn't as critical as it'd be for most other franchises. I'd call it a coin flip and/or just say it's way too hard to predict who will be the more productive player over the next seven years.

100%
    I would love that but all signs are that Cashman won't do it.
    If they don't resign DJ the possibility exists.

I'd love that but then you are putting DJ at first?
    No, b/c in that situation Lindor's salary would mean no DJ. if Hal were willing to raise payroll a lot (30m), grab Bauer. if he were only willing to raise it a little **~15m} grab two elite or semi-elite bullpen guys and hope the kids and the returns can be effective enough.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    How about waiting until next year when you can have your pick of FA SS for nothing but money?
    Sure, but our core has two years left of control and do we want to squander one of those years waiting? This is a win now team. Waiting a year for the piece that can put us over the top is not prudent.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, DJ vs. Lindor is a no-brainer.
    Not everyone on this forum thinks so. A few act as if DJ is a 28 year old perennial MVP candidate and think he is indispensable.

Sure, but our core has two years left of control and do we want to squander one of those years waiting? This is a win now team. Waiting a year for the piece that can put us over the top is not prudent.
    You are right, yet it is not like the Yankees are making any effort to take advantage of that window. Spending limits this offseason and no trades at the past few deadlines prove that.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Not everyone on this forum thinks so. A few act as if DJ is a 28 year old perennial MVP candidate and think he is indispensable.
    Well that's a different type of no-brainer....

If they don’t do much about the starting pitching this off season, getting a ss now wobt put them over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I feel like resigning LeMahieu is bad asset management, especially if it gets in the way of picking up pitching which i think the Yankees need. That lineup is good enough to win a WS with or without DJ. The SP after Cole is suspect and certain high profile bullpen arms showed cracks in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I feel like resigning LeMahieu is bad asset management, especially if it gets in the way of picking up pitching which i think the Yankees need. That lineup is good enough to win a WS with or without DJ. The SP after Cole is suspect and certain high profile bullpen arms showed cracks in the playoffs.
    Good asset management would be letting dj walk , signing Bauer , moving German to the bullpen and trade for a low risk high reward ss so that they could go after someone in the big ss free agent pool in a year . Signing Bauer vastly improves the rotation and German makes the bullpen much deeper since he could be used for 2 or 3 innings .

10 MLB players have .300 batting averages or higher since 2010:
    (Min. 300 games played)

1. Cabrerra .315
    2. Altuve .311
    3. Beltre .307
    4. LeMahieu .305
    5. Trout .304
    6. Blackmon .304
    7. Votto .303
    8. Posey .302
    9. Cano .301
    10.Betts .301