Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 124 of 256 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3834
  1. #1846
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,443
    Brendan Kuty

    Cashman said DJ LeMahieu's "true value" is at 2B and the offense he brings there. Plan isn't to sign him to play 1B full-time w/ the idea of moving Luke Voit in mind


    Sell the Team, HAL!

  2. #1847
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    662
    I am starting to hope we don't resign DJ. Don't get me wrong. He is great and it has been a joy watching him the last two years. If the Yankees can trade for Lindor, that would put Torres back to second (which I think he was better at) and we woulg get a compensatory draft pick. If we can't get Lindor, I would rather have Bauer than DJ. We could get a second tier SS (perhaps on a one-year contract so we can grab one of the all-star level SSs next year).

    Of course, Hal could do what most of us normal folk do and overspend at Christmas by signing Bauer, trading for Lindor, and grabbing a few high end bullpen arms as stocking stuffers. That would be a great Christmas.
    Last edited by PJO34; 12-17-2020 at 04:01 PM.

  3. #1848
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Brendan Kuty

    Cashman said DJ LeMahieu's "true value" is at 2B and the offense he brings there. Plan isn't to sign him to play 1B full-time w/ the idea of moving Luke Voit in mind
    Why would anyone want to trade Voit? I think he is a great player and a lot of fun to watch play. I often multitask during games, but when Voit is up, I always put down whatever I am working on to see what he does.

  4. #1849
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    45,246
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    I am starting to hope we don't resign DJ. Don't get me wrong. He is great and it has been a joy watching him the last two years. If the Yankees can trade for Lindor, that would put Torres back to second (which I think he was better at) and give up a compensatory draft pick. If we can't get Lindor, I would rather have Bauer than DJ. We could get a second tier SS (perhaps on a one-year contract so we can grab one of the all-star level SSs next year).

    Of course, Hal could do what most of us normal folk do and overspend at Christmas by signing Bauer, trading for Lindor, and grabbing a few high end bullpen arms as stocking stuffers. That would be a great Christmas.
    As long as they get one of DJ or Lindor, I will be happy.

    I actually wonder if they would move Torres for Lindor. I've seen it mentioned a few times here.
    If it was a one for one or a moderate piece thrown in? It would suck to see Torres go but considering Lindor is only 3 years older? You keep your gold glove 2nd baseman and bring in a gold glove, Lefty hitting SS who is a high contact guy and who can run

    I also can't help but share your thought about Bauer. I could see Hal doing something sneaky like that.



    Ignorance is bliss

  5. #1850
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    662
    BTW, does anyone have any thoughts on the extra undrafted players the Yankees picked up in 2020?

    New York Yankees

    Elijah Dunham, OF, Indiana | Link | Scouting Report (No. 186 on BA 500)
    Connor Pellerin, RHP, Tulane | Scouting Report (No. 360 on BA 500)
    Clay Aguilar, LHP, Houston
    Blane Abeyta, RHP, Nevada | Link
    Carson Coleman, RHP, Kentucky | Link
    Ocean Gabonia, RHP, Everett (Wash.) JC
    Trevor Holloway, RHP, Central Florida
    Ben Keizer, LHP, Michigan | Link
    Jarod Lessar, RHP, Brigham Young
    Aaron Palensky, OF, Nebraska | Link

    https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...-all-30-teams/

  6. #1851
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,026
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    Why would anyone want to trade Voit? I think he is a great player and a lot of fun to watch play. I often multitask during games, but when Voit is up, I always put down whatever I am working on to see what he does.
    gleyber is not a solution at ss he has to go back to 2b. and if you resign dj move him to 1b since dj best days at 2b appear over..you will kill fill 2 slots with people suited for those positions. and the use voit and other pieces in a trade to try and get a starter..

  7. #1852
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,026
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    I am starting to hope we don't resign DJ. Don't get me wrong. He is great and it has been a joy watching him the last two years. If the Yankees can trade for Lindor, that would put Torres back to second (which I think he was better at) and we woulg get a compensatory draft pick. If we can't get Lindor, I would rather have Bauer than DJ. We could get a second tier SS (perhaps on a one-year contract so we can grab one of the all-star level SSs next year).

    Of course, Hal could do what most of us normal folk do and overspend at Christmas by signing Bauer, trading for Lindor, and grabbing a few high end bullpen arms as stocking stuffers. That would be a great Christmas.
    well certainly do not give dj a 5 year deal that would be nonsense since he will be 33 next year..

  8. #1853
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    26,576
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Lol pretty much my thoughts. Can u imagine bringing Gray back and paying a premium in specs to get him... talk about a gigantic risk. As good as Gray was in Oak and has been in Cincy there is nothing that has shown he magically has the ability to pitch well in YS. I really wish, especially for what we paid for him vs what we got in return, we would have kept him for 1 more yr to see if he couldn't have turned it around here. If he pitched here like he did everywhere else he would be a great #2 behind Cole but Zero chance i would bring him back, especially for what Cincy is asking

    I'd take both Kluber and Paxton if we could get them at the right price, small base salary and incentivize the crap out of the deal. That said while both would offer huge upside, they both would come with gigantic amounts of risk involved. I'd probably lean towards Kluber though because on his elite command and his ability to use his deep arsenal he doesn't have to rely on velo like Paxton needs to. I think there is a higher probability Kluber performs closer to his peak levels than Paxton will. When Kluber has been healthy he has been an elite pitcher and could actually be that #2 were looking for until Sevy comes back. I wouldn't complain about a 1-2-3 Of Cole, Sevy and Kluber for the playoffs

    One thing that makes me think that the Yanks might explore bringing Paxton back is he is LHed and it would be nice to have a power LHed pitcher in the rotation. Of course if he hasn't regained his velo and spin rates bringing him back would be a horrible idea.

    Eagles, knowing that the Yanks aren't going to shell out for Bauer and they are limited financially what would you do and who would u target to fix the rotation and the BP?
    It really all depends who is on the trade market and what the free agent market looks like. With the pandemic going on there could be some guys that sign way cheaper than expected. The fact that no one claimed Hand for 10M is very telling IMO. I'd love a trade for a young guy with potential. That includes a guy like Taillon who is an injury risk but I also wouldn't be opposed to making a significant deal for a very good starter. Just looks like right now there aren't many guys on the trade block. Ultimately, they have to sign someone to hold down a spot. I'd like a reliable guy like Quintana and then also pair a high potential guy with him like Taillon. I'm not opposed to taking a shot on someone like Kluber or Paxton though, they would just present a lot more risk. It would be nice to know if Paxton has regained any velocity. Carlos Rodon is another guy I'd take a shot on but he wouldn't be guaranteed a rotation spot.

  9. #1854
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    26,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    As long as they get one of DJ or Lindor, I will be happy.

    I actually wonder if they would move Torres for Lindor. I've seen it mentioned a few times here.
    If it was a one for one or a moderate piece thrown in? It would suck to see Torres go but considering Lindor is only 3 years older? You keep your gold glove 2nd baseman and bring in a gold glove, Lefty hitting SS who is a high contact guy and who can run

    I also can't help but share your thought about Bauer. I could see Hal doing something sneaky like that.
    People are really starting to underrate Torres around here. The Indians would jump all over a Torres for Lindor swap.

  10. #1855
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    16,115
    ^ i agree, imo it would be assine to resign DJ as our 2nd baseman then move Torres either if or when we find a SS replacement. Hes a 24yr old 2 time AS who actually hits better in the playoffs. I wouldn't move Torres period, not when he could be abhuge piece to our success for the next 12 + yrs.

    If they only deal from us Cleveland would take had to included Torres for 1yr of Lindor.

  11. #1856
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    It really all depends who is on the trade market and what the free agent market looks like. With the pandemic going on there could be some guys that sign way cheaper than expected. The fact that no one claimed Hand for 10M is very telling IMO. I'd love a trade for a young guy with potential. That includes a guy like Taillon who is an injury risk but I also wouldn't be opposed to making a significant deal for a very good starter. Just looks like right now there aren't many guys on the trade block. Ultimately, they have to sign someone to hold down a spot. I'd like a reliable guy like Quintana and then also pair a high potential guy with him like Taillon. I'm not opposed to taking a shot on someone like Kluber or Paxton though, they would just present a lot more risk. It would be nice to know if Paxton has regained any velocity. Carlos Rodon is another guy I'd take a shot on but he wouldn't be guaranteed a rotation spot.
    How would kluber or Paxton be a lot more riskier than a guy like taillon and who has had two TJs in 5 years ?? Especially when they would just cost money

  12. #1857
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    437
    I was bored...all these trades were ďapprovedĒ by baseball trade values. I realize this isnít a video game and it guts the system and blah blah blah. Letís just have a little fun though.

    Voit and Garcia for Snell

    (This is the most unrealistic but shhh) Chapman, Hicks, Ottavino for Arenado

    Cabello, Green, Peraza, Wells for Merrifield

    Schmidt and Urshella for Lindor

    Vargas, Florial, Kriske for Bell and Taillon

    Lindor ss
    Merrifield cf
    Arenado 3b
    Judge rf
    Torres 2b
    Stanton dh
    Frazier lf
    Bell 1b
    Sanchez c

    Cole
    Snell
    Taillon
    Monty
    Sevy, German, Gil, King

    All of that would add about $23 million to payroll. Should be enough left over to add BP pieces (Hand?) and maybe Kluber. Someone call Cash and letís pencil in a Yankees dodgers WS right now!

  13. #1858
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    16,115
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    I am starting to hope we don't resign DJ. Don't get me wrong. He is great and it has been a joy watching him the last two years. If the Yankees can trade for Lindor, that would put Torres back to second (which I think he was better at) and give up a compensatory draft pick. If we can't get Lindor, I would rather have Bauer than DJ. We could get a second tier SS (perhaps on a one-year contract so we can grab one of the all-star level SSs next year).

    Of course, Hal could do what most of us normal folk do and overspend at Christmas by signing Bauer, trading for Lindor, and grabbing a few high end bullpen arms as stocking stuffers. That would be a great Christmas.
    I'm right there with you about DJ. He's been amazing but he is a 32yr old, very big bodied, middle infielder and the decline for those kinds of players start to happen quickly in their mid 30's, just think about how many great middle infielders have fallen of a cliff in their mid 30's. Even Robbie who was on of the better hitters we've had in recent memory also fell of a cliff on both sides of the ball. After Arod, Jeter and Tex the Yanks and Cash swore they wouldn't give out another big long term contract to a player in his mid 30's

    DJ is a win now move, so far the Yanks haven't put together a roster that realistically is capable of winning a WS, so why on earth would you give DJ a big long term contract for the next 5yr if they aren't going to contend next yr.

    Cashman has clearly told us that they believe both Torres and DJ's best position is 2nd base and from every report about there future plans they plan to heavily pursue on of the FA SS from the 21 class. The question is where does everyone play if they don't have any interest in moving DJ to 1st base. I can't imagine that they would be stupid enough to trade Torres, like it was mentioned in the last 2 weeks

    To me Lindor is a borderline generational talent, that would massive addition for us on both sides of the ball. His game and personality are a perfect fit here and if Judge can't stay healthy enough to warrant the kid of extension he's going to be looking for, Lindor could easily take over as the face of the franchise. Atleast if we got Lindor it would set us up much better for the next 5yrs plus than DJ would
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    Why would anyone want to trade Voit? I think he is a great player and a lot of fun to watch play. I often multitask during games, but when Voit is up, I always put down whatever I am working on to see what he does.
    The thinking behind a possible Voit trade was with the thought of moving DJ to first and signing or trading for an elite SS. Doing that would improve our infield defense drastically, takes a player who strikes out quite a bit for a player in Lindor that is a SH, plays an average of 150 games a yr, makes a ton of contact and has an impressive combo of speed and power.

    Voits value is likely to never get any higher and with as desperately as we need front of the rotation help i could see Voit being the center piece for a TORP, if they truly decided to trade him

  14. #1859
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    I was bored...all these trades were ďapprovedĒ by baseball trade values. I realize this isnít a video game and it guts the system and blah blah blah. Letís just have a little fun though.

    Voit and Garcia for Snell

    (This is the most unrealistic but shhh) Chapman, Hicks, Ottavino for Arenado

    Cabello, Green, Peraza, Wells for Merrifield

    Schmidt and Urshella for Lindor

    Vargas, Florial, Kriske for Bell and Taillon

    Lindor ss
    Merrifield cf
    Arenado 3b
    Judge rf
    Torres 2b
    Stanton dh
    Frazier lf
    Bell 1b
    Sanchez c

    Cole
    Snell
    Taillon
    Monty
    Sevy, German, Gil, King

    All of that would add about $23 million to payroll. Should be enough left over to add BP pieces (Hand?) and maybe Kluber. Someone call Cash and letís pencil in a Yankees dodgers WS right now!
    I would give Tampa whatever they wanted for snell . He is worth it. Only problem with your proposals is that the yanks donít have enough trade chips to trade for lindor , snell and taillon
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-17-2020 at 06:53 PM.

  15. #1860
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    65,766
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    People are really starting to underrate Torres around here. The Indians would jump all over a Torres for Lindor swap.
    100%

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •