Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 256 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 3834
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    The bolded made as a definitive time frame is false

    Phase Four
    Phase four is weeks 14 to 26.
    This phase focuses specifically on throwing again.
    Start throwing just 45 feet, but make your way up to long toss throws.
    The last step is to throw from the mound and simulate actual gameplay before competing.
    It will likely take 10 to 18 months before you can throw in a game again.


    https://www.orthobethesda.com/blog/e...-john-surgery/

    If Sevy does well with his rehab, he could absolutely be pitching in ST. It is not a guarantee but it is absolutely possible.
    Yes he could be but could he counted on to be an anchor in the rotation as a number 2 for atleast the first half of next season? I donít think that is likely

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    46,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yes he could be but could he counted on to be an anchor in the rotation as a number 2 for atleast the first half of next season? I donít think that is likely
    We have zero idea. I am not counting on him but the comment made, was false.
    I have commented that I think we will see Sevy on the mound for a game in late may/June. Then we wait and watch



    Ignorance is bliss

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yes he could be but could he counted on to be an anchor in the rotation as a number 2 for atleast the first half of next season? I donít think that is likely
    Again is that what clown said? An anchor in the rotation? No, he said it's possible he could be pitching in ST.


    Sell the Team, HAL!

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Again is that what clown said? An anchor in the rotation? No, he said it's possible he could be pitching in ST.
    And I agreed he could . My only point is he likely canít be counted to ge an anchor in the rotation until next summer at earliest
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-12-2020 at 03:10 PM.

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,990
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    You can live with 2 years of a bad contract. Having to live with 8 years of Stanton (some are already desperate to move him at 31! Imagine 7 years from now!) is way worst. Just imagine how bad Pujols looked the last 4 seasons that's what Stanton will probably be in 4 years.

    It is an idea, the other way you do it is by contemplating signing Judge to a more friendly contract or having to move him down the line (once his stock is higher).
    I hear ya. I have no issue moving Stanton, 7 years is a very long time. However I do think, barring injury(big if) he has some prime production left. My issue is with taking on more money in the Price half of the deal, which appears to me as dead money.


    Sell the Team, HAL!

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,197
    The Yanks are not in a bad place... this team has a depth problem... but not the one we have 5 years ago.. we are too damn deep.. Deep enough that some big bats have trouble cracking the lineup (Andujar, Frazier..etc)... where we could use more is on the bump.. when the playoffs came about, 3 of our top 4 starters were on the IL/RL... and we still were close to moving on..

    What they NEED:
    1. Fire Aaron Boone.... (but they won't even fire his useless ***... I swear my cat would be a better manager.
    2. Re-sign DJ LeMahieu... they should not even wait on this one.. don't need permission from bosses.. just do it.. He's been one of our best for the last 2 years.
    3. If nothing was done between now and ST.. our rotation would tentativly look like:
    1- Cole
    2 - Sevy*
    3 - German
    4 - Monty
    5 - Deivi

    *-Sevy's timeline is pretty optimal really. He should start throwing from a mound right around the start of ST when everyone is starting to build up strength after the winter off... which bodes well for us.. but really, he not only has to rebuild the muscles and flexibility.. but he's got to re-learn to trust that he won't blow up his arm again too..

    So really, signing 1 starter would not be too bad... having 6 will get used.. too often, injuries make decisions for you. Will Sevy be ready for opening day? It's very possible as his surgery was in early Feb.. but I'm not counting on him until June...

    The pen.. is already deep... can't see any real moves there...

    4. The non-pitching lineup... They need to decide what to do about Gary... He has flashes of scary and flashes of bad..
    C - Sanchez/Higgy
    1st - Voit - he led the league... who'd have thought... yes a high K guy.. but decent average and good power.
    2nd - DJ - gotta resign him... priority 1
    SS - Gleyber - Just don't find them even that good... give him time.. He'll be fine..
    3rd - Urshela - Steal of the century from Toronto.. what we send them? A bag of balls? What a steal...Decent stick and a damn fine glove.
    LF - Frazier .. Good bye Gardy.. It's been fun...
    CF - Hicks... Good D.. His bat is.... well.. I'd love to replace
    RF - Judge.. Young, fine arm, plus defender.. won't replace him with anyone nearly as good.
    DH - Stanton.. Yes he's been hurt.. but he's too good to sit and too expensive to move..

    Others who are good enough.. but we need to find a home...

    Miguel Andujar - Bat needs to be in the lineup.. Glove needs to be burned... (or maybe just more work in the OF) Would make a good trade piece
    Mike Ford - another guy whose stick is good enough to play at this level.. just not on our team.. again, another possible trade piece.


    I don't see big changes.. just a few tweaks.. adding a starter would be nice.. and losing the manager... major overhauls won't get us there... because we won't get what well have to give up...

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Unless they get Bauer or stroman , tweaks wonít get them there either . Cashman had been tweaking this team for the last 4 years and look at the results
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-12-2020 at 09:34 PM.

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,308
    Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    The Yanks are not in a bad place... this team has a depth problem... but not the one we have 5 years ago.. we are too damn deep.. Deep enough that some big bats have trouble cracking the lineup (Andujar, Frazier..etc)... where we could use more is on the bump.. when the playoffs came about, 3 of our top 4 starters were on the IL/RL... and we still were close to moving on..

    What they NEED:
    1. Fire Aaron Boone.... (but they won't even fire his useless ***... I swear my cat would be a better manager.
    2. Re-sign DJ LeMahieu... they should not even wait on this one.. don't need permission from bosses.. just do it.. He's been one of our best for the last 2 years.
    3. If nothing was done between now and ST.. our rotation would tentativly look like:
    1- Cole
    2 - Sevy*
    3 - German
    4 - Monty
    5 - Deivi

    *-Sevy's timeline is pretty optimal really. He should start throwing from a mound right around the start of ST when everyone is starting to build up strength after the winter off... which bodes well for us.. but really, he not only has to rebuild the muscles and flexibility.. but he's got to re-learn to trust that he won't blow up his arm again too..

    So really, signing 1 starter would not be too bad... having 6 will get used.. too often, injuries make decisions for you. Will Sevy be ready for opening day? It's very possible as his surgery was in early Feb.. but I'm not counting on him until June...

    The pen.. is already deep... can't see any real moves there...

    4. The non-pitching lineup... They need to decide what to do about Gary... He has flashes of scary and flashes of bad..
    C - Sanchez/Higgy
    1st - Voit - he led the league... who'd have thought... yes a high K guy.. but decent average and good power.
    2nd - DJ - gotta resign him... priority 1
    SS - Gleyber - Just don't find them even that good... give him time.. He'll be fine..
    3rd - Urshela - Steal of the century from Toronto.. what we send them? A bag of balls? What a steal...Decent stick and a damn fine glove.
    LF - Frazier .. Good bye Gardy.. It's been fun...
    CF - Hicks... Good D.. His bat is.... well.. I'd love to replace
    RF - Judge.. Young, fine arm, plus defender.. won't replace him with anyone nearly as good.
    DH - Stanton.. Yes he's been hurt.. but he's too good to sit and too expensive to move..

    Others who are good enough.. but we need to find a home...

    Miguel Andujar - Bat needs to be in the lineup.. Glove needs to be burned... (or maybe just more work in the OF) Would make a good trade piece
    Mike Ford - another guy whose stick is good enough to play at this level.. just not on our team.. again, another possible trade piece.


    I don't see big changes.. just a few tweaks.. adding a starter would be nice.. and losing the manager... major overhauls won't get us there... because we won't get what well have to give up...
    well your what they need or what they have comments means yanks will lose again in the post season next year this team needs a major overhaul this is not working...

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,990
    IDK, this is essentially the same team that came within one game of getting to WS in '17. Yanks have added a huge piece in DJ and love him or hate him Stanton. They took a hit losing Sevy, German and Kahnle this season. I don't think they need to blow it up. They will need to add to rotation. I am concerned with Tanaka.
    Last edited by drt1010; 10-12-2020 at 11:03 PM.


    Sell the Team, HAL!

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    IDK, this is essentially the same team that came within one game of getting to WS in '17. Yanks have added a huge piece in DJ and love him or hate him Stanton. They took a hit losing Sevy, German and Kahnle this season. I don't think they need to blow it up. They will need to add to rotation. I am concerned with Tanaka.

    Essentially the same team , and essentially the same results since then up to date . So logically changes would be needed for a different result .

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    How about making painful trades?

    Trade Torres, Trade Garcia, Trade Sanchez, Trade Voit, trade Hicks?
    * Torres is too good and cheap to trade.

    * Garcia has established himself as at least a viable #5 to start the season and its tough to trade a rotation piece when you have 5 starters coming off, none of which we should resign.

    * Sanchez has no value in a trade. He may be DFA candidate.

    * Voit - I absolutely agree with selling high on if you get a SS and rotate everyone over.

    * Hicks - He's a stop gap. Reasonable contract. Doubtful he gets you back much on the trade market to help your team. At least he gives us a qualified LH bat against righties.

    I still think the real trade piece is Judge (assuming Stanton can't be moved). Stanton takes his place in RF and you save $20M this year, plus the pain of potentially having to extend him into his mid/late 30s.

    Include Voit in a Lindor deal with a couple of prospects. Trade Judge to replenish the farm and clear some current and future money. Sign Brantley as a DH/4th OF. That adds 2 more real solid LH bats.

    Sign Bauer. He's the only qualified TORP that seems to be available and round out the rest of the rotation with Monty, German, Deivi, Schmidt, etc. until Sevy is back. Can always buy someone else at the trade deadline for depth if need be.

    Bolster the bullpen. Looks like there are a couple of FA arms available or use some assets to acquire.

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    16,743
    Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    The Yanks are not in a bad place... this team has a depth problem... but not the one we have 5 years ago.. we are too damn deep.. Deep enough that some big bats have trouble cracking the lineup (Andujar, Frazier..etc)... where we could use more is on the bump.. when the playoffs came about, 3 of our top 4 starters were on the IL/RL... and we still were close to moving on..

    What they NEED:
    1. Fire Aaron Boone.... (but they won't even fire his useless ***... I swear my cat would be a better manager.
    2. Re-sign DJ LeMahieu... they should not even wait on this one.. don't need permission from bosses.. just do it.. He's been one of our best for the last 2 years.
    3. If nothing was done between now and ST.. our rotation would tentativly look like:
    1- Cole
    2 - Sevy*
    3 - German
    4 - Monty
    5 - Deivi

    *-Sevy's timeline is pretty optimal really. He should start throwing from a mound right around the start of ST when everyone is starting to build up strength after the winter off... which bodes well for us.. but really, he not only has to rebuild the muscles and flexibility.. but he's got to re-learn to trust that he won't blow up his arm again too..

    So really, signing 1 starter would not be too bad... having 6 will get used.. too often, injuries make decisions for you. Will Sevy be ready for opening day? It's very possible as his surgery was in early Feb.. but I'm not counting on him until June...

    The pen.. is already deep... can't see any real moves there...

    4. The non-pitching lineup... They need to decide what to do about Gary... He has flashes of scary and flashes of bad..
    C - Sanchez/Higgy
    1st - Voit - he led the league... who'd have thought... yes a high K guy.. but decent average and good power.
    2nd - DJ - gotta resign him... priority 1
    SS - Gleyber - Just don't find them even that good... give him time.. He'll be fine..
    3rd - Urshela - Steal of the century from Toronto.. what we send them? A bag of balls? What a steal...Decent stick and a damn fine glove.
    LF - Frazier .. Good bye Gardy.. It's been fun...
    CF - Hicks... Good D.. His bat is.... well.. I'd love to replace
    RF - Judge.. Young, fine arm, plus defender.. won't replace him with anyone nearly as good.
    DH - Stanton.. Yes he's been hurt.. but he's too good to sit and too expensive to move..

    Others who are good enough.. but we need to find a home...

    Miguel Andujar - Bat needs to be in the lineup.. Glove needs to be burned... (or maybe just more work in the OF) Would make a good trade piece
    Mike Ford - another guy whose stick is good enough to play at this level.. just not on our team.. again, another possible trade piece.


    I don't see big changes.. just a few tweaks.. adding a starter would be nice.. and losing the manager... major overhauls won't get us there... because we won't get what well have to give up...
    As far as the plan for the pitching i would respectfully disagree.
    1)Cole he's exactly what we paid him to be, we won't have to worry about that spot for a long time hopefully

    2) Sevy. It will be over 2yr since he's regularly pitched, even if his stuff comes back close to 100%, he has to relearn a ton of things.He's basically has to relearn to pitch to live hitters again. IMO anything we get from him next yr should be counted on as a bonus but not counted on.?

    3) German. Very similar issues with him as with Sevy. It will be close to 20 months since he's been on the mound regularly and what makes his situation even more difficult is that he wasn't allowed to be in the Yanks facility or be in contact with coaches. German had 1 very successful yr but he hardly has the track record that indicates he'll be the same or close to the same pitcher he was during his breakout yr ??

    4) Monty definitely earned another shot at the rotation with that gutsy playoff start but is he the MORP he appeared to be his rookie yr or the the 5th starter/ long reliever type that he looked this yr.???

    5) Garcia has shown tremendous flashes of talent but is still only 21, very inexperienced and is no where near a finished product. The most IN he's ever pitched in a yr is 111 in 2019 and he fatigued very badly towards the end of the season. There are also concerns that because of his slight build/frame and violent, max energy arm motion that he'll be able to stay healthy throwing a 150 IN +. Another issue is that he only threw about 35 IN this yr and i just don't see the Yanks pushing 1 of their more promising arms like that with over 100+ IN increase yr over yr ????

    6) Schmidt he also has shown a ton of promise but he has even fewer IP than Garcia and they are going to give him a 100 IP increase next yr when he's thrown less than a 120 professional innings since being drafted. ?????

    7) we have another big group of elite, high ceiling arms that aren't quite ready yet but could contribute some next yr. I would bet with the large group of pitchers we have coming, we get a couple of really good starters and BP arms. Unfortunately they really won't be ready, barring a nuclear rise, to seriously contribute next yr

    I absolutely think priority 1 has to be to get a legit 2nd ace or legit #2 behind Cole. A pitcher Better than Tanaka, a pitcher good enough we won't have to pull another BS stunt like they did in game 2.They need someone who is good enough to match up with a Glasnow and not be at a massive disadvantage.

    As we saw in the Tampa series, Cole was the only starter that we had that kept runs off the board. At one point non Cole pitchers gave up 24 runs in 25 IN between the 2 series. If were going to stay and compete with the big boys we have to have more reliable pitching. We've seen yr after yr, that elite pitching is what wins in the playoffs. I might hurt with what we have to pay/give up but its time for our annual scramble for starting pitching to end

    I see Bauer, even though unlikely, as the best fix. He's a legit ace and only wants a 1yr deal so no big, long term financial commitments. I think we would benefit immensely from his fire and competitiveness on that staff, we seem to be lacking that kind of guy

    I also think they need a steady veteran like Tanaka in the middle of the rotation. If they can get someone better than him for similar money, 2-3yrs @ 10-14 per would be my guess, awesome. That said with as well as he's pitched here and the familiarity between the 2 they bring him back. If he ended up being our 4th/5th starter after Sevy and German get back we would be in pretty good shape rotation wise.

    Then use the rest of the starters we have to fill out the rest of the rotation. We saw what happened in 08 going with 3 inexperienced starters and we can't afford to loose another peak yr of our core players.

    8) that pen used to be loaded, we saw what a loaded pen looked like when we played Tampa. Outside of Green and Chappy who weren't great this yr and Britton what did we really have in the pen this yr. Otto completely lost it, Kahnle is on his 2nd TJS so i doubt he makes it back next yr, then we have a bunch of question marks.

    We have guys like Albert Abreau, Nick Nelson, Alexander Vizcaino, Miguel Yajure, Roansy Contreras and other that could contribute next yr but are unlikely to be ready to seriously contribute .

    IMO, even with those guys i think we need atleast 2 reliable BP arms and maybe take a chance on a failed starter or 2 like Chris Archer, Aaron Sanchez, Jose Quintana type and see if u couldn't make them a reliever. There have been teams that have had huge success turning a failed starter into a relievers.

    It would be great to get a better closer but we really don't need to be shopping for that kind of reliever this winter. What we should be looking for are 3rd,4th type reliever. The relief pitcher/failed starter options this winter is actually pretty good. With as depressed as the FA market this winter will be, especially with mid-tier players, we should be able to add some quality middle relievers without breaking the bank

    Hal and Cashman need to realize the window to win with this core group is closing and they need to go and get the pieces to win next yr. Cashman has been playing things incredibly safe and been way to protective of some prospects. He has to be willing to take some chances and be willing to make to big trades to get the players that we need to win a WS.

    If i were Cashman i would try and find out what all the MLB players and MILB players are worth trade wise. The only spec i would consider completely consider untouchable is Dominguez. Other than him Cashman should be willing to listen on everyone and see if we get offered a Shelby Miller type deal that we just can't refuse.

    IMO if were going to compete seriously next yr were going to have to have a very busy, productive winter

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    well your what they need or what they have comments means yanks will lose again in the post season next year this team needs a major overhaul this is not working...
    If your car is working fine, do you totally overhaul it because it ran out of gas?

    No.. You kick the driver (see Manager in baseball) in the *** and move on... Let's note something here.. We've had a better roster top down since Joe G. left... but we've not gotten as far.. why? Is it the players? Not really.. is it the manager? If Joe made 1 mistake.. Aaron makes 1 every inning... This team needs a new driver first and foremost... but for whatever reason, the FO loves the dipsh*t...

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    As far as the plan for the pitching i would respectfully disagree.
    1)Cole he's exactly what we paid him to be, we won't have to worry about that spot for a long time hopefully

    2) Sevy. It will be over 2yr since he's regularly pitched, even if his stuff comes back close to 100%, he has to relearn a ton of things.He's basically has to relearn to pitch to live hitters again. IMO anything we get from him next yr should be counted on as a bonus but not counted on.?

    3) German. Very similar issues with him as with Sevy. It will be close to 20 months since he's been on the mound regularly and what makes his situation even more difficult is that he wasn't allowed to be in the Yanks facility or be in contact with coaches. German had 1 very successful yr but he hardly has the track record that indicates he'll be the same or close to the same pitcher he was during his breakout yr ??

    4) Monty definitely earned another shot at the rotation with that gutsy playoff start but is he the MORP he appeared to be his rookie yr or the the 5th starter/ long reliever type that he looked this yr.???

    5) Garcia has shown tremendous flashes of talent but is still only 21, very inexperienced and is no where near a finished product. The most IN he's ever pitched in a yr is 111 in 2019 and he fatigued very badly towards the end of the season. There are also concerns that because of his slight build/frame and violent, max energy arm motion that he'll be able to stay healthy throwing a 150 IN +. Another issue is that he only threw about 35 IN this yr and i just don't see the Yanks pushing 1 of their more promising arms like that with over 100+ IN increase yr over yr ????

    6) Schmidt he also has shown a ton of promise but he has even fewer IP than Garcia and they are going to give him a 100 IP increase next yr when he's thrown less than a 120 professional innings since being drafted. ?????

    7) we have another big group of elite, high ceiling arms that aren't quite ready yet but could contribute some next yr. I would bet with the large group of pitchers we have coming, we get a couple of really good starters and BP arms. Unfortunately they really won't be ready, barring a nuclear rise, to seriously contribute next yr

    I absolutely think priority 1 has to be to get a legit 2nd ace or legit #2 behind Cole. A pitcher Better than Tanaka, a pitcher good enough we won't have to pull another BS stunt like they did in game 2.They need someone who is good enough to match up with a Glasnow and not be at a massive disadvantage.

    As we saw in the Tampa series, Cole was the only starter that we had that kept runs off the board. At one point non Cole pitchers gave up 24 runs in 25 IN between the 2 series. If were going to stay and compete with the big boys we have to have more reliable pitching. We've seen yr after yr, that elite pitching is what wins in the playoffs. I might hurt with what we have to pay/give up but its time for our annual scramble for starting pitching to end

    I see Bauer, even though unlikely, as the best fix. He's a legit ace and only wants a 1yr deal so no big, long term financial commitments. I think we would benefit immensely from his fire and competitiveness on that staff, we seem to be lacking that kind of guy

    I also think they need a steady veteran like Tanaka in the middle of the rotation. If they can get someone better than him for similar money, 2-3yrs @ 10-14 per would be my guess, awesome. That said with as well as he's pitched here and the familiarity between the 2 they bring him back. If he ended up being our 4th/5th starter after Sevy and German get back we would be in pretty good shape rotation wise.

    Then use the rest of the starters we have to fill out the rest of the rotation. We saw what happened in 08 going with 3 inexperienced starters and we can't afford to loose another peak yr of our core players.

    8) that pen used to be loaded, we saw what a loaded pen looked like when we played Tampa. Outside of Green and Chappy who weren't great this yr and Britton what did we really have in the pen this yr. Otto completely lost it, Kahnle is on his 2nd TJS so i doubt he makes it back next yr, then we have a bunch of question marks.

    We have guys like Albert Abreau, Nick Nelson, Alexander Vizcaino, Miguel Yajure, Roansy Contreras and other that could contribute next yr but are unlikely to be ready to seriously contribute .

    IMO, even with those guys i think we need atleast 2 reliable BP arms and maybe take a chance on a failed starter or 2 like Chris Archer, Aaron Sanchez, Jose Quintana type and see if u couldn't make them a reliever. There have been teams that have had huge success turning a failed starter into a relievers.

    It would be great to get a better closer but we really don't need to be shopping for that kind of reliever this winter. What we should be looking for are 3rd,4th type reliever. The relief pitcher/failed starter options this winter is actually pretty good. With as depressed as the FA market this winter will be, especially with mid-tier players, we should be able to add some quality middle relievers without breaking the bank

    Hal and Cashman need to realize the window to win with this core group is closing and they need to go and get the pieces to win next yr. Cashman has been playing things incredibly safe and been way to protective of some prospects. He has to be willing to take some chances and be willing to make to big trades to get the players that we need to win a WS.

    If i were Cashman i would try and find out what all the MLB players and MILB players are worth trade wise. The only spec i would consider completely consider untouchable is Dominguez. Other than him Cashman should be willing to listen on everyone and see if we get offered a Shelby Miller type deal that we just can't refuse.

    IMO if were going to compete seriously next yr were going to have to have a very busy, productive winter
    1.) We agree.. no argument
    2.) I never said sevy will be back.. could be.. Hell yes.. it's possible.. mid-season is more probable for him to be settling down into the pitcher we like....April.. I'm being optimistic...but it's really possible too.. so we'll have to wait and see..
    3.) German... again, optimism.. he wasn't out due to injury.. he was out due to a commish on a power rush... he stands a really good chance of being that guy we saw in 2019
    4.) Monty.. Damn right he deserves a spot.. he was 6th in ROY voting his rookie year then had elbow issues.. and would have been back sooner if he had just gotten the same surgery rather than try to rehab it (and failed) and ended up wasting half a season... Sometimes these guys just need to suck it up and get it done. For every Tanaka who was able to rehab.. there are 100+ others who it has no effect... He's also done pretty good when just put in the lineup and in our playoff run.. He just needs to be put in there and left alone.
    5.) Garcia.. here is where it sucks being a Yankee.. on any other team he'll be the #5 and he'll still be that #5 all year even if he's somewhat rocked.. he needs to develop and that don't happen by sitting on the bench.. how is it the Tampa rays can take specs and have better pitching than us? They don't have fans.. NOBODY cares.. so they trot these guys out every 5th day and they take their lumps and learn. He shows us this year he can do it.. trot him out there.. and just suck it up and know we're going to get some lemons and some lemonade and don't roast him when it's just the lemons...

    The rest of the guys.. Sadly, no team is really able to go an entire season with just 5 guys.. so they'll get some shots as backups...
    I also agree, we need to sign someone.. whether is a redo of Tanaka or Pax... or Bauer.. because I do agree.. Sevy may not be fully ready in April... but if we don't, I'm comfy with what we have and just let the kids learn... that quick hook only helps the rest of baseball (when we either move these young guys to them for some has-been.. or after the repeated use of the hook demoralizes them and they begin to believe they suck and become the self fullfilling prophecy...)

    The pen is still loaded.. and given a normal year.. and a New manager with even a little smarts on how to use w/o abusing it, they'll be fine... because really.. Aaron Boone is that guy who you point to, to show WHAT NOT TO DO... He rather reminds me of Jack Eliot's coach Uchimaya in the movie Mr. Baseball.... 1 bad pitch and the quick hook...

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    16,743
    Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    If your car is working fine, do you totally overhaul it because it ran out of gas?

    No.. You kick the driver (see Manager in baseball) in the *** and move on... Let's note something here.. We've had a better roster top down since Joe G. left... but we've not gotten as far.. why? Is it the players? Not really.. is it the manager? If Joe made 1 mistake.. Aaron makes 1 every inning... This team needs a new driver first and foremost... but for whatever reason, the FO loves the dipsh*t...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •