Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 118 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 3833
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    The Mets were on pace for 79 wins last year. You think adding Springer and Lindor adds about 20 wins? Because that is about where the Yankees are.
    1. I don't see the Yankees close to 99 wins without future moves. I see 89-93 wins. 0.550 to 0.575 baseball. No starting pitching. Bullpen is not as deep and effective as it was several years ago. Same old injury issues. Right now no DJ.

2. Also add in to the Mets: McCann, Stroman, Syndegaard for 1/2 season, and the relief pitcher they just got. I'd say that gets them to 90-95 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Says the one who has felt the need repeatedly to hurl insults and names .....
    So, as per usual, you have no real point and instead choose to play the role of hapless victim. Have fun with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    1. I don't see the Yankees close to 99 wins without future moves. I see 89-93 wins. 0.550 to 0.575 baseball. No starting pitching. Bullpen is not as deep and effective as it was several years ago. Same old injury issues. Right now no DJ.

2. Also add in to the Mets: McCann, Stroman, Syndegaard for 1/2 season, and the relief pitcher they just got. I'd say that gets them to 90-95 wins.
    Some of you guys are severely overestimating the Mets. This year they were the equivalent of a 70 win team if you extrapolate what they did over this season's 60 game season to a full 162 game season. The four players you mentioned should give the Mets an additional 7 wins or so (if everyone they are taking the place of were replacement level players), which would turn them in to a 77 win team across a regular length season. Even if you want to be ultra generous and say those four players provide double their projected '21 production, that'd only turn them in to a 84 win team.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    On the flip side.

Sanchez is off to a strong start. Heís slashing .304/.467/.652 with 2 HR and 6 RBI in 8 games.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Some of you guys are severely overestimating the Mets. This year they were the equivalent of a 70 win team if you extrapolate what they did over this season's 60 game season to a full 162 game season. The four players you mentioned should give the Mets an additional 7 wins or so (if everyone they are taking the place of were replacement level players), which would turn them in to a 77 win team across a regular length season. Even if you want to be ultra generous and say those four players provide double their projected '21 production, that'd only turn them in to a 84 win team.
    And some of you guys are clearly over estimating the Yankees team as it is right now . And right now this yankee team is likely not better than 90 wins . And btw the Yankees this past season were on pace to win 89 games not 99 . 33 x 2.7 is 89.1, or 89 wins . Now where did I get the number 2.7 from ? Well a win this past season was the equivalent to 2.7 wins this past season . So since the Yankees with Paxton , Tanaka and dj were on pace for 89 wins , without those three players now and if there are no significant up grades this off season it would be safe to say the yanks win around 85 games this coming season maybe less if they deal with anymore injuries

So, as per usual, you have no real point and instead choose to play the role of hapless victim. Have fun with that.
    Is not that pattern of behavior as predictable as gravity ? Everyone should just put him on ignore. Btw, I predicted Yankees would not be doing much this off-season. They lost lots of money this Covid year. It is what it is folks. Cushman going to try to find some talented injury prone or previously injured pitcher or some underperforming position player to try to strike lightening with. This will be an uneventful off season. They have eyes on a few players I am sure but if the player is not a bargain they are not shopping. Folks, your grandmother is doing the shopping for the family this off season for sure, lol. Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post

I see the Yankees as of right now without dj and no significant pitching upgrades . As a 85 to 93 win team . And to get to 90 plus wins a lot would have to go right for the yanks , including staying healthy . Even with dj I donít see the yanks much better than that since their pitching is so questionable after cole and before Chapman and Britton .

As for the mets , I can see them winning atleast 85 wins next season , maybe more depending on how good the nats are . They might be in a tougher division if both the Braves and nats are good next season .

Believe it or not the nl East could be a tougher division than the al East since you may have the nats , mets and Braves all playing for 2 playoff spots . While in the al East it could be just a two team race in the rays and yanks . Unless Toronto does something this winter

I'd say about 5 starting position players as well as some pitchers would have to get hurt for the Yankees to be a 85-90 win team.

I'd say about 5 starting position players as well as some pitchers would have to get hurt for the Yankees to be a 85-90 win team.
    the Yankees this past season werenít even on pace to be a 90 win team . What could possibly make them more than a 90 win team this coming season after possibly losing Tanaka , Paxton and dj?

the Yankees this past season werenít even on pace to be a 90 win team . What could possibly make them more than a 90 win team this coming season after possibly losing Tanaka , Paxton and dj?
    Oh, you mean last year when they were on pace for 89 wins when Dj, Stanton, Judge, Torres, Urshela, Chapman, Paxton, etc all missed time due to injuries. Isn't that almost exactly what I said? You think they will let Dj, Tanaka, and Paxton all walk without making any other moves?

And some of you guys are clearly over estimating the Yankees team as it is right now . And right now this yankee team is likely not better than 90 wins . And btw the Yankees this past season were on pace to win 89 games not 99 . 33 x 2.7 is 89.1, or 89 wins . Now where did I get the number 2.7 from ? Well a win this past season was the equivalent to 2.7 wins this past season . So since the Yankees with Paxton , Tanaka and dj were on pace for 89 wins , without those three players now and if there are no significant up grades this off season it would be safe to say the yanks win around 85 games this coming season maybe less if they deal with anymore injuries
    Are you trying to impress me by letting me know that you know each '20 MLB game was the equivalent of 2.7 games in a regular 162 game season or something?

Oh, you mean last year when they were on pace for 89 wins when Dj, Stanton, Judge, Torres, Urshela, Chapman, Paxton, etc all missed time due to injuries. Isn't that almost exactly what I said? You think they will let Dj, Tanaka, and Paxton all walk without making any other moves?
    He doesn't even know what he's trying to argue about at this point

It is very possible that atleast 2 of the 3 may not return , they havenít talked to Tanaka yet and are 25 mill short in resigning dj . unless they sign Bauer and trade for lindor , whoever they get to replace who they lose will not be an improvement at all . So again I say the Yankees will likely not win more than 90 wins next season. And btw you said they would have 5 position players get hurt AND have injuries to their pitching to be an 85 to 90 win team this coming season . That means you think they yankees will win more than 90 wins as of right now since outside of khanle , they are currently healthy . That to me is seriously over estimating their pitching right now .
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-15-2020 at 05:58 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Why Eagles? Why? Why curse them like that?
    We already know that Hicks, Judge, Stanton and Sanchez will get hurt. We know some pitchers will be injured.
    So my money is on one other guy getting injured!

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Are you trying to impress me by letting me know that you know each '20 MLB game was the equivalent of 2.7 games in a regular 162 game season or something?
    Some posters have monkeys typing and once in a while, they will write a correct number. You know, that Shakespeare theory?

Ignorance is bliss