Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 115 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3833
  1. #1711
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    If the mets get lindor and springer , would you still say the yanks will finish with a better record than the mets? If the Yankees donít do much about their rotation will you still bet ďsignificant amounts of money ď that the yanks will finish with a better record than the mets ? Because as of right now the mets clearly have a better starting rotation than the yanks . Heck the Yankees were 3-3 vs the mets this past season and that was only because betances literally threw a game away to the Yankees . If not for that they would have finished with a losing record vs the mets .

    Yes, that HUGE 6 game sample is certain proof. NOT!!! If you love the Mets so much, why not go root for them? I'm sure they'd welcome you with open arms.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  2. #1712
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    Some people just canít admit that the window on this core is closing fast. Players not living up to expectations, injuries and a failure to spend/trade for starting pitching are the reasons.

    Just look at what the white Sox have been doing the past 2 off seasons to enhance a strong core of players. We never did that.

    And just look at what the White Sox have won. Absolutely nothing.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  3. #1713
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Eagles was the one who said he would bet significant money . I never challenged him to any bet . So I have no idea why you are trying to challenge me to a bet .

    Because he would like you to back up your ridiculous claims. Obviously you know you can't.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  4. #1714
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    As my post said earlier, the Mets with Springer (they are the favorites to sign him) and Lindor (they are the favorites to seal the deal) are better than this Yankee team as it currently stands.

    Line-up is at best even, but I give it the Mets because they have more bat to ball guys. We strike out too much and at least half of our lineup is lucky to play 100 games.

    Starting pitching is clearly the Met's

    Bullpen is close (because we are not as dominant as usual), but I give us a very slight edge because of the Chapman/Britton combination at the back end.
    The Mets were on pace for 79 wins last year. You think adding Springer and Lindor adds about 20 wins? Because that is about where the Yankees are.

  5. #1715
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    38,585
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Thanks for the reminder, much appreciated.
    Yes the Yankees won the WS but the Mets beat them 4-6 games. So even though the Mets didn't make the playoffs, they are better.



    Ignorance is bliss

  6. #1716
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,990
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    The Mets were on pace for 79 wins last year. You think adding Springer and Lindor adds about 20 wins? Because that is about where the Yankees are.
    Not to mention that adding both Springer and Lindor are a couple of major "ifs".

  7. #1717
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    The Mets were on pace for 79 wins last year. You think adding Springer and Lindor adds about 20 wins? Because that is about where the Yankees are.
    A full season from stroman and about a half season from syndergaard should add atleast 15 to 20 wins though. Remember they had neither of them this past season . And Jonesí is talking about the current yankee team as is.without Tanaka , Paxton , and dj . Remember as of right now the yanks are currently losing 15 to 20 wins without Tanaka and Paxton . And possibly more if they lose dj
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-14-2020 at 07:00 PM.

  8. #1718
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Not to mention that adding both Springer and Lindor are a couple of major "ifs".
    And 80% of the yanks starting rotation are major ifs as well .

  9. #1719
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    A full season from stroman and about a half season from syndergaard should add atleast 15 to 20 wins though. Remember they had neither of them this past season . And Jonesí is talking about the current yankee team as is.without Tanaka , Paxton , and dj . Remember as of right now the yanks are currently losing 15 to 20 wins without Tanaka and Paxton . And possibly more if they lose dj
    You obviously don't understand how WAR works. Tanaka and Paxton aren't worth anything remotely close to 15-20 wins in a single season (nor are Stroman and Syndergaard, even at their absolute best).

  10. #1720
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You obviously don't understand how WAR works. Tanaka and Paxton aren't worth anything remotely close to 15-20 wins in a single season (nor are Stroman and Syndergaard, even at their absolute best).
    War the most overrated and over used stat in baseball . But to humor you. , stromanís career war is 14.7 and syndergaardís is 15.7 . . Divide both by half and you do get 15 combined . And the mets were without both stroman and syndergaard this past season . That is the equivalent of the yanks having lost both cole and sevy for the whole season . And btw Tanaka Ďs career war is 17.5 and Paxton is 12.9 . I would say thatís about 15 to 20 wins there they stand to lose if both donít come back . Tell me who will replace them ?
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-14-2020 at 07:18 PM.

  11. #1721
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    War the most overrated and over used stat in baseball . But to humor you. , stromanís career war is 14.7 and syndergaardís is 15.7 . . Divide both by half and you do get 15 combined . And the mets were without both stroman and syndergaard this past season . That is the equivalent of the yanks having lost both cole and sevy for the whole season . And btw Tanaka Ďs career war is 17.5 and Paxton is 12.9 . I would say thatís about 15 to 20 wins there they stand to lose if both donít come back . Tell me who will replace them ?
    You certainly humored me, just not in the way you hoped. This is one of the more hilariously clueless and juvenile replies I could imagine someone giving to my post. Thanks for further proving that you have no idea how WAR works.

    Why the hell would you divide a player's career WAR in half to project what they'd contribute in a single season?


  12. #1722
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    War the most overrated and over used stat in baseball . But to humor you. , stromanís career war is 14.7 and syndergaardís is 15.7 . . Divide both by half and you do get 15 combined . And the mets were without both stroman and syndergaard this past season . That is the equivalent of the yanks having lost both cole and sevy for the whole season . And btw Tanaka Ďs career war is 17.5 and Paxton is 12.9 . I would say thatís about 15 to 20 wins there they stand to lose if both donít come back . Tell me who will replace them ?
    Stroman has had a 7 yr career and Thor has had a 5yr career, so you wouldn't take half their career Wars to calculate what their average annual War would be, you would dived their total number by the yrs they have been in the league. When u do it properly its no where close to 15 wins a yr. Also Thor had TJS right around the time Sevy did so i'm pretty sure they aren't going to have him for the full season.

    Math and reading Jorge

  13. #1723
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You certainly humored me, just not in the way you hoped. This is one of the more hilariously clueless and juvenile replies I could imagine someone giving to my post. Thanks for further proving that you have no idea how WAR works.

    Why the hell would you divide a player's career WAR in half to project what they'd contribute in a single season?

    Because this past season was just under half a regular season long. Either way using war to justify your argument is not making a very strong case at all . War is an overused , overrated stat .
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-14-2020 at 08:19 PM.

  14. #1724
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Stroman has had a 7 yr career and Thor has had a 5yr career, so you wouldn't take half their career Wars to calculate what their average annual War would be, you would dived their total number by the yrs they have been in the league. When u do it properly its no where close to 15 wins a yr. Also Thor had TJS right around the time Sevy did so i'm pretty sure they aren't going to have him for the full season.

    Math and reading Jorge
    You didnít read either when I said next season the mets would have half a season a season of Thor and a full season of stroman .

  15. #1725
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    War the most overrated and over used stat in baseball . But to humor you. , stromanís career war is 14.7 and syndergaardís is 15.7 . . Divide both by half and you do get 15 combined . And the mets were without both stroman and syndergaard this past season . That is the equivalent of the yanks having lost both cole and sevy for the whole season . And btw Tanaka Ďs career war is 17.5 and Paxton is 12.9 . I would say thatís about 15 to 20 wins there they stand to lose if both donít come back . Tell me who will replace them ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    You didnít read either when I said next season the mets would have half a season a season of Thor and a full season of stroman .
    where did u say that Jorge? is your inner spirit animal trying to get out again?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •