Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 113 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3834
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    that made no sense signing a lesser catcher in mccann then going after the best catcher in baseball in realmuto..
    Itís long been rumored that Realmuto is asking for a ridiculous contract for a catcher thatís going to be 30 when the season starts. But I think it only makes sense if they go out and sign Bauer and Springer.

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Mets have a deal in place for McCann. Whatís the market look like for realmuto now?
    Phillies or maybe Toronto or someone in a central division will get realmuto .

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    i would not give the 33 year old next year dj a 5 year deal... under any circumstance.. 3 years would be ideal.. eve at 20 million..a year..
    They need to just move on from dj and focus on the starting rotation already

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    His durability issues alone are why itís not known what they will get from him .will he be worth signing long term in 2 years ?
    IMO, whether you do or donít, itís another reason to lock up a proven high end arm for a few years. Iím not in love with Corbin and certainly think Wheeler was overpaid, but guys like that would have certainly put us in a better position in 2021 and a few years thereafter. Might have given us a chance to see whether some of our home grown options could have successfully rounded out the rest of the rotation.

It really doesnít feel or sound like we are going to add to the rotation, other than maybe a backend depth starter. I donít see Tanaka resigned either.

All of our eggs seem to be in the DJ bucket. Hope he can pitch too.

IMO, it was brilliant. Solid catcher for a reasonable price. Now trade some prospects for Lindor and sign Springer.

Sadly, that team has a better overall roster than the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    IMO, it was brilliant. Solid catcher for a reasonable price. Now trade some prospects for Lindor and sign Springer.

I agree with Mcann being a good signing for the mets . He did very well for the white Sox .

No, I'd bet significant amounts of money that the Yankees will have a better record than the Mets.

Also, I have seen people on here saying the Yankees aren't a playoff team let alone a World Series contender...if you are saying that then just know, you do not know baseball in the slightest.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Did I miss the memo?

Did the Yankees forum become the Mets forum?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    No, I'd bet significant amounts of money that the Yankees will have a better record than the Mets.

Also, I have seen people on here saying the Yankees aren't a playoff team let alone a World Series contender...if you are saying that then just know, you do not know baseball in the slightest.
    As my post said earlier, the Mets with Springer (they are the favorites to sign him) and Lindor (they are the favorites to seal the deal) are better than this Yankee team as it currently stands.

Line-up is at best even, but I give it the Mets because they have more bat to ball guys. We strike out too much and at least half of our lineup is lucky to play 100 games.

Starting pitching is clearly the Met's

Bullpen is close (because we are not as dominant as usual), but I give us a very slight edge because of the Chapman/Britton combination at the back end.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post

If the mets get lindor and springer , would you still say the yanks will finish with a better record than the mets? If the Yankees donít do much about their rotation will you still bet ďsignificant amounts of money ď that the yanks will finish with a better record than the mets ? Because as of right now the mets clearly have a better starting rotation than the yanks . Heck the Yankees were 3-3 vs the mets this past season and that was only because betances literally threw a game away to the Yankees . If not for that they would have finished with a losing record vs the mets .
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-14-2020 at 05:07 AM.

If the mets get lindor and springer , would you still say the yanks will finish with a better record than the mets? If the Yankees donít do much about their rotation will you still bet ďsignificant amounts of money ď that the yanks will finish with a better record than the mets ? Because as of right now the mets clearly have a better starting rotation than the yanks . Heck the Yankees were 3-3 vs the mets this past season and that was only because betances literally threw a game away to the Yankees . If not for that they would have finished with a losing record vs the mets .
    Some people just canít admit that the window on this core is closing fast. Players not living up to expectations, injuries and a failure to spend/trade for starting pitching are the reasons.

Just look at what the white Sox have been doing the past 2 off seasons to enhance a strong core of players. We never did that.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Did I miss the memo?

Did the Yankees forum become the Mets forum?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    This is what happens when you don't post for a couple days.

Ignorance is bliss

Some people just canít admit that the window on this core is closing fast. Players not living up to expectations, injuries and a failure to spend/trade for starting pitching are the reasons.

Just look at what the white Sox have been doing the past 2 off seasons to enhance a strong core of players. We never did that.

Look at what the blue jays and twins have been doing too . They are playoff contenders as well . And I know the window is closing soon . In fact it could be closed in just 2 years . Most of the yanks current core is gonna be free agents , and do you think they will all be resigned ? No they wonít . And thatís on top of their two best relievers , Chapman and Britton being free agents in 2 years as well . I say their current window will in fact be closed in 2 years , unless they bring up some great pitching talent before then from the minors .
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-14-2020 at 08:37 AM.

I'll take that bet. Name the stakes? You lose you leave forever?

Sell the Team, HAL!