Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 110 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3834
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    the only thing you have " proved" is you are only capable of criticizing people and can't or won't actually back up your "opinions" with actual results. or are you scared of losing ?
    All I said is that I was glad you arenít the GM . Nowhere did I say you would be a terrible gm or that I would be any better than you . I have had several people say the same thing to me and I didnít get all upset about it . I think you need to chill out and not take a difference of opinion so personally .
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-12-2020 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Love the confidence and optimism.

I do believe being without the two this season hurt quite a bit, particularly in post season. If Yankees had Sevy or even German to send out instead of a green rook in Garcia, outcome may have been different.
    German was 18-4 in 2019. I expect the league will adjust to him, and if he can adjust back he will be a solid #2. As for Sevy, I am a big fan and a few years ago he was considered one of the most valuable pitchers in the game because of his skill and low salary. If he can hide his pitches and use his velo (assuming he hasn't lost it due to his injury), he has the stuff to be a #1. Now, I doubt either will be at their best in 2021, but I think both could be really good in 2022 and beyond. Also, with regard to Sevy, some pitchers need time to become a finished product. Both pitchers are around 27 years old without a lot of innings on their arms. Sevy could throw 98-100 regularly and some pitchers are stronger after TJS.

I am really excited to see what each does this year. If both can be marginally effective, then they should be ready to break out in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I have to disagree about serevino being a #1 starter , he wasnít a number 1 before he got hurt why would he suddenly be a number one in a year?
    I think the numbers prove you wrong.

In 2017, he was 14-6 with a 2.98 era. 230 strike outs
    In 2018, he was 19-8 with a 3.39 era. 220 strike outs

That isn't an ace? I think that is an ace. Definitely less than Cole, but he is a few years younger and has upside. In any event, if he can get back to what he was, he is -- in my opinion -- definitely a strong #1b.

Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post

That isn't an ace? I think that is an ace. Definitely less than Cole, but he is a few years younger and has upside. In any event, if he can get back to what he was, he is -- in my opinion -- definitely a strong #1b.

His playoff numbers say differently . I know serevino is a very good pitcher but he is not an ace , he is a very good number 2 starter who might up his game and be better with good coaching and learning from cole . If he is such a great ace why wasnít he and Tanaka enough to even get the yanks to the World Series in those two seasons you mentioned ? Now does he have potential to be great ? Sure but he has a long way to go before that happens , especially since he has durability issues already

even before he got injured that second half of the season was horrendous.. i would never feel confident in sevy in a big game as he has been terrible in the playoffs...and that was when sevy was healthy.. who knows what sevy will be after surgery..maybe he will turn into another matt harvey a finished pitcher...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    even before he got injured that second half of the season was horrendous.. i would never feel confident in sevy in a big game as he has been terrible in the playoffs...and that was when sevy was healthy.. who knows what sevy will be after surgery..maybe he will turn into another matt harvey a finished pitcher...
    I will never forget the alds in 2018 , sevy showed up late for his own playoff start . That to me , attitude wise , does not make an ace . I mean when was the last time the ace of his team failed to show up on time for the big playoff game he was starting ???

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    the only thing you have " proved" is you are only capable of criticizing people and can't or won't actually back up your "opinions" with actual results. or are you scared of losing ?
    Sometimes people learn and realize they are tired of being humiliated. They are tired of looking like fools. They are tired of saying stupid things. They get tired of calming their opinion is a fact and then when actually proven wrong, they get tired of hiding and crying.
    They get tired of saying flat out stupid things and being proven wrong and looking like a fool. They get tired of their ignorance getting exposed. They get tired of making false accusations and lying about others and after being proven wrong, they get tired of backpedaling and making up new lies.

Some do all of the above over and over but are too stupid to get tired of those things.
    They are also too weak and scared to actually make a genuine stance to prove they know anything, so instead they make up more lies and try to convince themselves they are anything more than a manure creator and hoarder by putting others down and pretending to be victorious.
    They pretend they never said things, like 5 and 4 are the same or that a righty bat pulls the ball to RF or that "behind" only means directly behind and has no other meaning they can comprehend (To name a. very few of the long list of stupidity)
    They are so messed up and misguided that they have resorted to eating their own manure product to supplement their present diet and this leaves their breath smelling like the the bastard child of a shite sandwich and a bucket rancid general tso's chicken

They find themselves utterly alone. All those traits above combined with the shite farming and stank breath leaves them wandering friendless, lonely and cowardly.
    No one that pathetic, sad and lonely will have the courage to take your challenge. Only a truly brave person in that position would take that risk. Only a truly brave person would put themselves out there and risk their ego being more bruised than it already is to prove they know more than another person.
    In this case, it would be to prove they know anything at all.

No Day, you will not have your day of reckoning. The opponent you chose, lives in a shawl of cowardice, hiding from the light of day
    Probably getting an old fashioned handy from Golem in the pit of Mordor

Ignorance is bliss

Right. Because thoracic outlet syndrome and TJ surgeries are so similar.
    One surgery repairs one tendon in a joint that flexes and extends vs a surgery to correct neuro-muscular issue involving all the muscles around the shoulder, 360 degree joint and one that has the potential to affect the sense of touch.
    Good comparison

Not

Ignorance is bliss

His playoff numbers say differently . I know serevino is a very good pitcher but he is not an ace , he is a very good number 2 starter who might up his game and be better with good coaching and learning from cole . If he is such a great ace why wasnít he and Tanaka enough to even get the yanks to the World Series in those two seasons you mentioned ? Now does he have potential to be great ? Sure but he has a long way to go before that happens , especially since he has durability issues already
    I believe we all agree Kershew is an ace yet he was not great in the playoffs until he was. With some pitchers, it takes time. I could be wrong. Perhaps Sevy is a #5 or perhaps he gets moved to the bullpen. Who knows. I think of him as an ace, and I hope I am right.
    Last edited by PJO34; 12-12-2020 at 08:24 AM.

German was 18-4 in 2019. I expect the league will adjust to him, and if he can adjust back he will be a solid #2. As for Sevy, I am a big fan and a few years ago he was considered one of the most valuable pitchers in the game because of his skill and low salary. If he can hide his pitches and use his velo (assuming he hasn't lost it due to his injury), he has the stuff to be a #1. Now, I doubt either will be at their best in 2021, but I think both could be really good in 2022 and beyond. Also, with regard to Sevy, some pitchers need time to become a finished product. Both pitchers are around 27 years old without a lot of innings on their arms. Sevy could throw 98-100 regularly and some pitchers are stronger after TJS.

I am really excited to see what each does this year. If both can be marginally effective, then they should be ready to break out in 2022.
    I agree.

All I said is that I was glad you arenít the GM . Nowhere did I say you would be a terrible gm or that I would be any better than you . I have had several people say the same thing to me and I didnít get all upset about it . I think you need to chill out and not take a difference of opinion so personally .
    Let's explore / examine the logic employed here. The inherent assumption: If you are glad he is not the GM can we assume there is no love lost? Kinda like Sauron's love for Cashman. If we can assume you prefer he not be in the position, we can infer further there are specific reasons as to why you hold the preference. Can we also assume if you did not hold these specific preferences there would be no reason to believe he would NOT be a good GM.

It is not stated but inferred. Your preference he not be the GM is proof enough.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Let's explore / examine the logic employed here. The inherent assumption: If you are glad he is not the GM can we assume there is no love lost? Kinda like Sauron's love for Cashman. If we can assume you prefer he not be in the position, we can infer further there are specific reasons as to why you hold the preference. Can we also assume if you did not hold these specific preferences there would be no reason to believe he would NOT be a good GM.

It is not stated but inferred. Your preference he not be the GM is proof enough.
    It's strange because they both have an opportunity to prove who would be aa better GM. One is willing to take the risk, the other party remains a coward to the end.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It's strange because they both have an opportunity to prove who would be aa better GM. One is willing to take the risk, the other party remains a coward to the end.
    Logical assumption Capt.

ir is clearly obvious with the edict of the owner on spending money and dj coming back no sure thing.. the yanks won't make the world series again next year another wasted year...

Guess what. You don't have one clue who will or won't win the WS next season. Perhaps you should go root for another team since you hate this one so much.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

the astros without verlander and cole would beat the yanks if they played in the post season..assuming the yanks make it that far in the post season ...

Assuming the Astros make it. You and Posada make a great team. Two losers in a pod.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan