Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 108 of 256 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3834
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    Sonny Gray? Why? No, seriously, why? We traded for him once. He stunk. We gave him away to Cincy. Now, you want to bring him back. No. Seriously, no.
    Seriously? No.

Gray was second to Ed "poopy pants" Whitson in crapping the bed in NY.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    tallion best season was 2018 14-10 3.20 good stats but where do you come of saying he is a potential ace.... smh...
    Read. Google his name and read the reviews from the pirates organizations regarding his season before the second TJ surgery.
    Read. Learn
    Also read, I didn't say potential ACE. I said the Prirates spoke of him as such.
    Read you ignorant troglodyte. I said, IF HE CAN FULLY RECOVER HE HAS TORP STUFF
    Were you able to read that you backwoods troll? If not, try again.

I said, IF HE CAN FULLY RECOVER HE HAS TORP STUFF

Please show me where I said he is a potential ACE, you lying, scabby, sewer dweller

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Do you know the definition of potential? Just curious
    Consider his reading ability, I imagine he is sitting next to a monkey and the monkey is telling what to type, so no. I doubt he knows but the monkey probably does and will never tell him.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Seriously? No.

Gray was second to Ed "poopy pants" Whitson in crapping the bed in NY.
    Can you imagine the trolls posts if he was posting when Gray was pitching? Oh my lord. He would have wanted him drawn and quartered.

PJ- you are not the troll to be clear.

Ignorance is bliss

For the two, moronic buffoons who disagree, I would trade a guy like King who is projected a 4-5 starter at best, and a guy I watched pitch last year and wasn't overly impressed, for a guy with TORP stuff.

Yes, if Severino was on another team, I would trade King for him. I would trade king, an upper mid level prospect who is going to be 26 and has pitched in 9 game to the tune of a 7.76 era for a guy who in fact has excellent stuff. A heavy sinking 2 seamer that sits in the mid 90s that is very difficult to hit out of the park. Yeah. I would trade king for him. King and other mid level guys.
    Hell, I might even throw in Florial or another solid looking prospect, because with the acquisition of Dominguez, Florial's future may be better served elsewhere because he's not going to crack this lineup for the next two years and if he does, he will be a short lived starter.

See what I did? I analyzed the situation. I am suggesting that a guy who has some talent and a guy who has a ton of potential but hasn't yet learned how to use it, be traded for a guy who when healthy, can be a very good pitcher. I am willing to gamble that Talliion has a better chance to really help the Yankees than King or Florial.
    Did you see? I thought about the teams needs then I looked at what they have and where there is surplus.
    The yankees have a surplus of unproven OF prospects, many of whom will never see YS. They also have a surplus of Right handed SP. Guys in the system are believed to be far more impactful than King.

Let me put it in language you two may understand.
    You guys are manure and fertilizer producers and storers. You collect your own feces and store them to fertilize a small garden. We all know you two are so FOS that you stockpiles of "fertilizer" will never be used up, so you have an excess of manure.

Let's say, someone offers you a BMW M series car that has had two major repairs for some poop?
    The car has had two big time accidents, almost totaled but is now fully repaired.
    The seller is up front and tells you they don't know how the car will perform but if it does? It will be a really good vehicle. All they want is a couple of the 100, barrels of your self made manure that you currently have stored in your homes. (Probably the kitchen and bedroom)

You wouldn't make that trade? I mean we know how important your fecal matter is to you but considering you have so much of it, you can constantly spew it, you have more than enough to spare.

So would you make the trade?
    If you wouldn't, might I suggest you dislodge your heads from your rectums? Because you should clearly stop staring at your crops.

Ignorance is bliss

You have now added new meaning to the term full of ****!

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Cashman on the Yes Hot Stove tonight.
    " i have nothing new on DJ"
    "Gleyber came to camp out of shape"
    " Gary Sanchez had the highest exit velo of any catcher in 2020"
    " German and Sevy will be limited to pitch half a season each" because they aren't built up innings wise
    " Safety Brakes" for Sevy and German
    " Otto wasn't as bad as he looked"

The part about Sevy and German is wack. They have all of spring training to build up their arms, and Geman has been pitching this fall. That's more than enough time to get in shape.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

ir is clearly obvious with the edict of the owner on spending money and dj coming back no sure thing.. the yanks won't make the world series again next year another wasted year...

the astros without verlander and cole would beat the yanks if they played in the post season..assuming the yanks make it that far in the post season ...

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Well you were proven wrong about German being an upgrade over what they currently have in the rotation behind cole , since cashman did say German would only be used for half a season and all . So I don’t know why you are still harping on this . And I won’t say anything more about this since I was banned shortly after I got into that conversation with you .

Sounds like a big fat NO WAY I would do that. Didn't see that coming. LOL!!!
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

^ I'm shocked he hasn't excepted my challenge since I have no clue what I'm talking about. He has even bothered to reply to Clown, Doc or Slick either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Read. Google his name and read the reviews from the pirates organizations regarding his season before the second TJ surgery.
    Read. Learn
    Also read, I didn't say potential ACE. I said the Prirates spoke of him as such.
    Read you ignorant troglodyte. I said, IF HE CAN FULLY RECOVER HE HAS TORP STUFF
    Were you able to read that you backwoods troll? If not, try again.

I said, IF HE CAN FULLY RECOVER HE HAS TORP STUFF

Please show me where I said he is a potential ACE, you lying, scabby, sewer dweller
    Again 2 TJ surgeries in 5 years can’t be ignored just because he may have torp “stuff” .

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    1) you didn't get an infraction for that comment whatsoever and you know that. U got it for baiting, trolling and being generally disruptive to multiple posters for 2-3 pages after u made that comment. Also it was the total amount of your infractions that got you banned for a couple weeks not i single comment. You weren't the victim there
    2) How does Cashman saying that they only plan on using German for half the season prove I was wrong about him being an upgrade BEHIND Cole? Cole is our staff leader and ace, so everyone, including the BP would be behind Cole. Even a half yr of German pitching in the 5th spot is an upgrade over guys like King, Yajure, Lasagna and Nelson who would currently be in line for that 5th spot. You're still failing to grasp that, unless you think 1 of those 3 or some other kid from the farm would be better than German. If thats your line of thinking...wow
    3) you continuously criticize other people's comments and opinions so why don't you prove that i'm so wrong and u actually know what u are talking about. You spend enough time on here so that can't be the issue. Put your ideas on the line and prove you know more than me. For as little as you think of my ideas it shouldn't be difficult for you to win,

Something else you are failing to factor in is the cost prospect wise of these trade proposals. Gray has been a TORP in Cincy and is signed for cheaply for multiple yrs, he will cost a ton prospect wise, atleast 2-3 top specs and a couple high ceiling lottery tickets. Tallion, while still have tremendous POTENTIAL and upside, will cost a fraction of what Gray would cost. Low risk, high reward. If he doesn't make make a huge impact or gets hurt they wouldn't have given away multiple top specs, so it wouldn't be a huge loss.

Its kind of shocking that you want to get a proven pitcher without a big risk and then say you would take Gray back. As good as Gray has been in OAK and Cincy, he was terrible here. That would be a massive risk giving up the kind of package it would require to get Gray again and counting on him not to fall flat again in NY a 2nd time. Why would he succeed now when he failed so badly last time? I just don't get the logic there

Kluber has only pitched 36 innings in the last 2yrs so he comes with huge risk as well, which is why a pitcher with his talent and pedigree is available at such a discount

Is this the same Paxton you spent all last yr complaining about and said you weren't interested in bringing him back at any price? Same guy right? He lost around 5MPH on his FB and saw his spin rates decline sharply in all his pitches. Plus he has an incredibly checkered injury history and you really think he a much safer bet than Tallion?

You'd also seriously take King who at his best will be a 4th/5th starter / long reliever over the potential Jameson would bring ? Atleast with Jameson he has the potential to be a TORP or even an elite reliever if he stays healthy

You have your idea's and criticize most everyone else's, step up and put your money where your mouth is and prove to everyone your ideas are valid. Come on Jorge i could be alot of fun
    What you don’t get is that I am saying is that taillon is not worth any prospects because he is too much of an injury risk , did you not learn a thing from the Paxton trade ? Kluber and Paxton have just as much of an upside as taillon but would not cost ANY prospects at all just money and that is not really risking anything . And yes I know that gray would cost more prospect wise than taillon , and that is because he is PROVEN!!! That is why I would trade for him before trading a single thing for taillon . And one last thing you keep failing to factor in with taillon is that he has not proven a thing in the AL and everyone knows that the AL is tougher to pitch in than the NL . Especially tougher than the nl central . Gray , kluber and Paxton all have proven themselves in the AL before . We trully wouldn’t know what we would get from taillon in the American League east even if healthy . And yes I said I didn’t want to bring back Paxton and I don’t but if I had to choose I would much rather bring back Paxton than trade for taillon , Paxton would only cost money no prospects and is atleast proven in the AL . As for kluber pitching just 36 innings in the last two seasons , taillon has only pitched 37 innings in the last two seasons and yet you would risk prospects AND money on him because of possible potential , where with kluber you would only risk money .

And by the way , taillon didn’t pitch at all this past season so it would be likely that he will get a workload similar to what the yanks are doing with serevino and German . So at best the you would trade for a guy for what he could “potentially “give them in 2022 since he will be a free agent after the 2022 season .
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-11-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    ir is clearly obvious with the edict of the owner on spending money and dj coming back no sure thing.. the yanks won't make the world series again next year another wasted year...
    I am not even convinced they are a playoff team with the team as is . Even if they do bring back dj .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I am not even convinced they are a playoff team with the team as is . Even if they do bring back dj .
    Do I sense a wager? A challenge? What say you Jorge?