Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 106 of 256 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 3834
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    It is crazy to give up anything for a guy who has had two TJ surgeries in less than 5 years before he is is 28 . It’s not like they are planning on moving him to the bullpen . They would be trading him to be the potential #2 starter for this team to help them win a ws , again I say he’ll no to any trade for him .
    You wouldn’t trade 3 guys that would probably never make it to the bigs for a guy that could be a number 3 starter for 2-3 years? Even if his arm is ripped off his body, trading from such a deep system that we lost like 6 players today makes all the sense in the world. Does it make you a ws favorite? Of course not, but those are the types of moves WS teams do

Yankees PR Dept.
    @YankeesPR
    ·
    In the Triple-A phase of the 2020 Rule 5 Draft, the Yankees selected LHP Matt Krook in the 1st round from Tampa Bay and RHP Reggie McClain in the 2nd round from Philadelphia.

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    You wouldn’t trade 3 guys that would probably never make it to the bigs for a guy that could be a number 3 starter for 2-3 years? Even if his arm is ripped off his body, trading from such a deep system that we lost like 6 players today makes all the sense in the world. Does it make you a ws favorite? Of course not, but those are the types of moves WS teams do
    Those three guys you are willing to trade for him have a better chance of making it to the bigs and helping win a ws than a guy who has had two TJ surgeries and a hernia surgery in less than 5 years . It is just crazy to give up anything for a guy who’s elbow can fall apart at any time and has fallen apart twice in less than 5 years . I would rather trade for gray instead

Do you know the definition of potential? Just curious
    Well trading for “ potential “ hasn’t gotten the Yankees any closer to a ws title than they were 5 years ago at this time . Would be nice to trade for actual proven talent for once .

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Do you know the definition of potential? Just curious
    If you've seen certain posters improper use of words, grammar, spelling..it is not far fetched to think certain people just don't quite grasp some things.

It's like debating with a 5 year old with very limited understanding of said concept.

Some posters like just like change things around to fit a certain negative narrative.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    If you've seen certain posters improper use of words, grammar, spelling..it is not far fetched to think certain people just don't quite grasp some things.

It's like debating with a 5 year old with very limited understanding of said concept.

Some posters like just like change things around to fit a certain negative narrative.

That is extremely disrespectful to 5 year olds, around the world. A 5 year old has creativity and imagination.
    The only true similarities are the crying, whining and pouting, victim playing

Ignorance is bliss

Those three guys you are willing to trade for him have a better chance of making it to the bigs and helping wi TJ surgeries and a hernia surgery in less than 5 years . It is just crazy to give up anythingn a ws than a guy who has had two for a guy who’s elbow can fall apart at any time and has fallen apart twice in less than 5 years . I would rather trade for gray instead
    Wait a sec! You mean those young prospects who just a few weeks ago were worthless? The very same ones you wondered aloud if they could help the team, let alone contribute to their success? Those unproven prospects?

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Wait a sec! You mean those young prospects who just a few weeks ago were worthless? The very same ones you wondered aloud if they could help the team, let alone contribute to their success? Those unproven prospects?
    Yeah those same prospects that you wanted the Yankees to keep because of their potential . The same prospects that you challenged me to prove that they weren’t going to be successful . Are you now willing to trade some of them for an unproven pitcher who’s elbow has gone out on him twice in just 5 years ? I don’t know about you but at the very least I would trade them for a guy that has proven to be durable .

I never saw anyone say that they were expecting for Tallion to step into the number #2 spot behind Cole, did you? I agree with you, this is a low risk high reward type of trade and it makes all the sense in the world at the price you mentioned. Here's another novel concept, if he doesn't workout as a starter he could be a hell of a RP. IMO, if the price is a spec in the 7-15 range and a couple lottery tickets it would be worth the risk.

When you have no payroll to get pitchers at the top of the market to fill out the rotation and BP they might have to take chances on guys like a Tallion, Kluber, Paxton, Bradley ect.

Yeah those same prospects that you wanted the Yankees to keep because of their potential . The same prospects that you challenged me to prove that they weren’t going to be successful . Are you now willing to trade some of them for an unproven pitcher who’s elbow has gone out on him twice in just 5 years ? I don’t know about you but at the very least I would trade them for a guy that has proven to be durable .
    No Jorge that is where you are mistaken, I have repeatedly said prospects serve in multiple ways, on the field if they make it to bigs and as trade chips to attract proven ML talent. Most minor league talent never gets past AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I never saw anyone say that they were expecting for Tallion to step into the number #2 spot behind Cole, did you? I agree with you, this is a low risk high reward type of trade and it makes all the sense in the world at the price you mentioned. Here's another novel concept, if he doesn't workout as a starter he could be a hell of a RP. IMO, if the price is a spec in the 7-15 range and a couple lottery tickets it would be worth the risk.

When you have no payroll to get pitchers at the top of the market to fill out the rotation and BP they might have to take chances on guys like a Tallion, Kluber, Paxton, Bradley ect.
    But kluber Paxton and bradly did not have TJ twice in 5 years did they? Those guys are worth a risk because they are atleast a little more durable and are free agents . With Jameson his elbow is just a ticking time bomb . And newsflash with them showing no interest in Tanaka either do we even know who will be the #2 in the rotation to start the season ? And Paxton and kluber wouldn’t cost anything but money . I rather take me chances with either kluber or Paxton over Tallion who would cost actual prospects .
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-10-2020 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Trade Torres, Florial, Garcia, Judge, Monty, Sanchez, Schmidt to Cleveland for Lindor and Bieber.

Resign Tanaka
    And sign Trevor Bauer

1. Cole
    2. Bauer
    3. Bieber
    4. Tanaka
    5. German
    Our outfield: Frazier, Hicks and Tauchman with Wade as the 4th outfielder?-- I don't think so!

Cashman on the Yes Hot Stove tonight.
    " i have nothing new on DJ"
    "Gleyber came to camp out of shape"
    " Gary Sanchez had the highest exit velo of any catcher in 2020"
    " German and Sevy will be limited to pitch half a season each" because they aren't built up innings wise
    " Safety Brakes" for Sevy and German
    " Otto wasn't as bad as he looked"

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Cashman on the Yes Hot Stove tonight.
    " i have nothing new on DJ"
    "Gleyber came to camp out of shape"
    " Gary Sanchez had the highest exit velo of any catcher in 2020" innings
    " German and Sevy will be limited to pitch half a season each" because they aren't built up innings wise
    " Safety Brakes" for Sevy and German
    " Otto wasn't as bad as he looked"

None of that surprises me at all . Notice not even a mention of Tanaka or Paxton . The funniest part is him talking about the exit velo on Sanchez , yeah that’s great and all but that wasn’t enough to save his starting job in the playoffs . What a crock of baloney that line was .
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-10-2020 at 10:46 PM.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    No Jorge that is where you are mistaken, I have repeatedly said prospects serve in multiple ways, on the field if they make it to bigs and as trade chips to attract proven ML talent. Most minor league talent never gets past AAA.
    Not surprised the second hes back there is already people bickering.

Common denominator.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.