Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 105 of 256 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3834
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    what are the yankees plans for starting pitching? it seems they will not bring back tanaka unless he takes a really deep discount.. are the yanks going to roll the dice on the youngsters for next season?

Well, you have two choices. You can wait and see or you can call Brian and ask him what his plans are.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Trade Torres, Florial, Garcia, Judge, Monty, Sanchez, Schmidt to Cleveland for Lindor and Bieber.

Resign Tanaka
    And sign Trevor Bauer

1. Cole
    2. Bauer
    3. Bieber
    4. Tanaka
    5. German

One would think you could come up with something that makes sense instead of total nonsense like that.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I agree about what it would take to get done. I think mid level prospects would seal a deal. Maybe a guy like King to be the centerpiece but I Tallion, at 27 coming off TJ surgery for the second time??? For a low cost trade, I think it's a great idea. Heavy 2 seamer and doesn't give up a ton of HRs
    If he can recover fully, he's got TORP stuff. They spoke of him as a potential ACE for the Pirates staff pre injury.
    Bell can hit the hell out of the ball but he's not a defensive whiz by any means. If the Yankees moved Voit, it makes sense. The talk about this deal makes me wonder if they are planning on packaging Voit and they are looking for replacements.
    tallion best season was 2018 14-10 3.20 good stats but where do you come of saying he is a potential ace.... smh...

The yanks have lost Garrett Whitlock RHP (Red Sox 4th), Kyle Holder SS (Phillies 11th), Trevor Stephan RHP (Indians 15th) in the major league phase of rule 5 draft

tallion best season was 2018 14-10 3.20 good stats but where do you come of saying he is a potential ace.... smh...
    Your reading comprehension is atrocious. He said they spoke of him as an ace pre injury. He was injured in 2014, before that (pre) he was drafted number 2 overall and was a top 10 spec. So yes everyone in baseball spoke of him as a potential ace.

Pittsburg also had this other potential ace named Gerrit. His ERA in his 5 years with the club was 3.50. Jameson in 4 years with the club is 3.67. Not too far apart.

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Your reading comprehension is atrocious. He said they spoke of him as an ace pre injury. He was injured in 2014, before that (pre) he was drafted number 2 overall and was a top 10 spec. So yes everyone in baseball spoke of him as a potential ace.
    Exactly

Pittsburg also had this other potential ace named Gerrit. His ERA in his 5 years with the club was 3.50. Jameson in 4 years with the club is 3.67. Not too far apart.
    Jameson has amazing stuff, especially his FB and CB, both have extremely high spin rates. The biggest concern about him is can he come back from a 2nd TJS and stay healthy? Depending on the cost, as long as its reasonable i should say, i'd be all in on trying to acquire him.

As good as Tallion stuff and performance was pre-injury, i'm not sure he could ever have gotten to Coles level. Its not a knock on Tallion, i just think Cole is that special.

It sucks we lost those guys in the rule 5 but we knew because of our system depth we were going to loose some guys. Whitlock and Stephans had solid RP potential but we have lots more arms like theirs or better coming soon. Holder is the 1 that irritates me and not because we lost him. It's irritating because we wasted a 1st round pick on him to begin with, terrible, awful pick with what else was still on the board at the time. I feel the same way about the Volpe pick in 19. Why in the world would you draft 2 HS SS that had zero plus tools in the 1st round? Take a pitcher with high upside or a position player that has a huge, huge ceiling not guys who are projected to be slightly above league average, especially when were already loaded up the middle.. both picks were huge wastes

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Exactly

Jameson has amazing stuff, especially his FB and CB, both have extremely high spin rates. The biggest concern about him is can he come back from a 2nd TJS and stay healthy? Depending on the cost, as long as its reasonable i should say, i'd be all in on trying to acquire him.

As good as Tallion stuff and performance was pre-injury, i'm not sure he could ever have gotten to Coles level. Its not a knock on Tallion, i just think Cole is that special.

It sucks we lost those guys in the rule 5 but we knew because of our system depth we were going to loose some guys. Whitlock and Stephans had solid RP potential but we have lots more arms like theirs or better coming soon. Holder is the 1 that irritates me and not because we lost him. It's irritating because we wasted a 1st round pick on him to begin with, terrible, awful pick with what else was still on the board at the time. I feel the same way about the Volpe pick in 19. Why in the world would you draft 2 HS SS that had zero plus tools in the 1st round? Take a pitcher with high upside or a position player that has a huge, huge ceiling not guys who are projected to be slightly above league average, especially when were already loaded up the middle.. both picks were huge wastes
    I agree with this. We also lost a RHP, a C and a LF in the minor league portion of the draft and picked up a LHP

But cole didnít get TJ surgery twice before 28 and his numbers were over 5 complete seasons . And Cole was much better than this kid is . You are saying he has tor potential because of one season , and that was 2 years ago . I would pass on him just due to his durability issues and take my chances with Garcia. I mean his elbow didnít even last 5 years before he needed a second TJ surgery , how long do you think it could possibly last after a second TJ surgery especially as he is getting older ?
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-10-2020 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    But cole didnít get TJ surgery twice before 28 and his numbers were over 5 complete seasons . And Cole was much better than this kid is . You are saying he has tor potential because of one season , and that was 2 years ago . I would pass on him just due to his durability issues and take my chances with Garcia. I mean his elbow didnít even last 5 years before he needed a second TJ surgery , how long do you think it could possibly last after a second TJ surgery especially as he is getting older ?
    Iím saying he has tor potential based on his stuff when healthy. Hence the world potential. He might never reach it due to injury, but to say he doesnít have the potential is crazy. I also think it would be crazy for the yanks to part with anyone in their top 5 because of the health risk. I hated the Paxton deal for the same reason. That being said, if heís available for a top 6-10 spec plus two lotto tickets, Iíd make that trade immediately.

Iím saying he has tor potential based on his stuff when healthy. Hence the world potential. He might never reach it due to injury, but to say he doesnít have the potential is crazy. I also think it would be crazy for the yanks to part with anyone in their top 5 because of the health risk. I hated the Paxton deal for the same reason. That being said, if heís available for a top 6-10 spec plus two lotto tickets, Iíd make that trade immediately.
    It is crazy to give up anything for a guy who has had two TJ surgeries in less than 5 years before he is is 28 . Itís not like they are planning on moving him to the bullpen . They would be trading him to be the potential #2 starter for this team to help them win a ws , again I say heíll no to any trade for him .
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-10-2020 at 04:13 PM.

people thought severino was a ace...we know he is not.. just because you have good stuff means nothing. you have to show it and the year he was healthy he had good stats but nowhere near being a ace...

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    i agree comparing him to cole is just lunacy..

people thought severino was a ace...we know he is not.. just because you have good stuff means nothing. you have to show it and the year he was healthy he had good stats but nowhere near being a ace...
    I was never convinced that serevino was an ace . I always thought he was a solid number 2 at best .

Do you know the definition of potential? Just curious