Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 104 of 256 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3834
  1. #1546
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Jason Mackey@JMackeyPG

    1h
    Heard today from a couple sources that the Pirates and Yankees have had conversations involving Jameson Taillon and Josh Bell. Unsure on seriousness or scope, but itís an interesting match.


    PS. Mackey is a beat writer for Pirates.
    Pirates and Yankees have had talks on trades over the last few years but I donít think anything has ever come from those talks and who knows what happens now

  2. #1547
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,546
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I mean Torres is freaking 23 years old.

    He lost development time at the position when put at 2b.

    Also, in 2017 he lost time with Tommy john surgery.

    So, I'm willing to give him some time.

    I think it's a wreckless line of thinking that he may be moved.



    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    couldn't agree more. Torres is the one you build around but he's just not a SS IMO. He's had something like 30 errors in the last 2yrs at SS. He plays a very good 2nd base and he actually hits when he's playing 2nd. He's actually been close to as bad defensively as SS as Andujar was at 3rd base according to most defensive anals.

    I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion but i don't think resigning DJ makes much sense if they aren't going to add the other pieces we need to seriously compete. Just resigning DJ and not making other moves to fix the pitching is just a waste of another yr from there championship window with this core. Resigning DJ is the right move if they are going for it but it sure sounds like they aren't going to do much else this winter.

    DJ is reportedly looking for a 5-6yr deal. IMO, if the Yanks only make 1 big this winter I would trade for Lindor. An middle infield of Torres and Lindor for the next 5yrs plus is the much better move long term than DJ a 2nd and Torres at SS over the same time period. Like it or not DJ is going to decline alot over the next 5 plus yr, his best yrs will be the next 2 yrs, after that he's going to decline and likely need to move to a corner. If they don't plan on improving the rest of the roster, especially the pitching, signing DJ long term for 20m plus just doesn't make sense short or long term.

    I almost wonder if they aren't going to get the pieces necessary to compete with the Dodgers, Rays and CWS if it wouldn't be smarter to do a quick rebuild similar to what they did in 16. Trade the players that have value and reshape the roster with the focus more on pitching and a more balanced, contact based, lower K% lineup. Much easier said than done, but basically doing nothing like it seems they are planning to do this winter is just asinine IMO. Its time with this core to go all in or get max value back for the players they can while they are still cheap

  3. #1548
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    couldn't agree more. Torres is the one you build around but he's just not a SS IMO. He's had something like 30 errors in the last 2yrs at SS. He plays a very good 2nd base and he actually hits when he's playing 2nd. He's actually been close to as bad defensively as SS as Andujar was at 3rd base according to most defensive anals.

    I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion but i don't think resigning DJ makes much sense if they aren't going to add the other pieces we need to seriously compete. Just resigning DJ and not making other moves to fix the pitching is just a waste of another yr from there championship window with this core. Resigning DJ is the right move if they are going for it but it sure sounds like they aren't going to do much else this winter.

    DJ is reportedly looking for a 5-6yr deal. IMO, if the Yanks only make 1 big this winter I would trade for Lindor. An middle infield of Torres and Lindor for the next 5yrs plus is the much better move long term than DJ a 2nd and Torres at SS over the same time period. Like it or not DJ is going to decline alot over the next 5 plus yr, his best yrs will be the next 2 yrs, after that he's going to decline and likely need to move to a corner. If they don't plan on improving the rest of the roster, especially the pitching, signing DJ long term for 20m plus just doesn't make sense short or long term.

    I almost wonder if they aren't going to get the pieces necessary to compete with the Dodgers, Rays and CWS if it wouldn't be smarter to do a quick rebuild similar to what they did in 16. Trade the players that have value and reshape the roster with the focus more on pitching and a more balanced, contact based, lower K% lineup. Much easier said than done, but basically doing nothing like it seems they are planning to do this winter is just asinine IMO. Its time with this core to go all in or get max value back for the players they can while they are still cheap
    I rather that their one big move this winter be getting Bauer . Lindorisnt gonna fix their real problem . And that is pitching . As for rebuilding I rather see them start trading their core pieces and some kind of rebuild. It is obvious they wonít be giving extensions to everyone in their core in about 2 years .

  4. #1549
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    38,091
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    couldn't agree more. Torres is the one you build around but he's just not a SS IMO. He's had something like 30 errors in the last 2yrs at SS. He plays a very good 2nd base and he actually hits when he's playing 2nd. He's actually been close to as bad defensively as SS as Andujar was at 3rd base according to most defensive anals.

    I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion but i don't think resigning DJ makes much sense if they aren't going to add the other pieces we need to seriously compete. Just resigning DJ and not making other moves to fix the pitching is just a waste of another yr from there championship window with this core. Resigning DJ is the right move if they are going for it but it sure sounds like they aren't going to do much else this winter.

    DJ is reportedly looking for a 5-6yr deal. IMO, if the Yanks only make 1 big this winter I would trade for Lindor. An middle infield of Torres and Lindor for the next 5yrs plus is the much better move long term than DJ a 2nd and Torres at SS over the same time period. Like it or not DJ is going to decline alot over the next 5 plus yr, his best yrs will be the next 2 yrs, after that he's going to decline and likely need to move to a corner. If they don't plan on improving the rest of the roster, especially the pitching, signing DJ long term for 20m plus just doesn't make sense short or long term.

    I almost wonder if they aren't going to get the pieces necessary to compete with the Dodgers, Rays and CWS if it wouldn't be smarter to do a quick rebuild similar to what they did in 16. Trade the players that have value and reshape the roster with the focus more on pitching and a more balanced, contact based, lower K% lineup. Much easier said than done, but basically doing nothing like it seems they are planning to do this winter is just asinine IMO. Its time with this core to go all in or get max value back for the players they can while they are still cheap
    I disagree as I said in my original post.
    He's 23 years old and lost basically two years of work at short stop.

    1 year at 2B(I disagree with him being better at 2b, he wasn't very good on defense at second either when he played there for 1 year)

    &

    1 year out with Tommy john.

    I'm not willing to throw the towel on him at short stop, not yet.

    They also have a very good defender at third in Gio.

    If they sign DJ for second. Then you have two phenomenal defenders around him and I think you can live with his defense at short, even if he only marginally improves.

    This year was also weird for so many reasons obviously when it came to getting work in on the field.

    Maybe they forgo DJ and trade and or sign Lindor and it pushes to torres to 2b and this conversation is a mute point.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 12-09-2020 at 11:08 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  5. #1550
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    38,091
    According to Twitter. You can DM Cashman for 9.99 on some app called Cameo.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  6. #1551
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,300
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I disagree as I said in my original post.
    He's 23 years old and lost basically two years of work at short stop.

    1 year at 2B(I disagree with him being better at 2b, he wasn't very good on defense at second either when he played there for 1 year)

    &

    1 year out with Tommy john.

    I'm not willing to throw the towel on him at short stop, not yet.

    They also have a very good defender at third in Gio.

    If they sign DJ for second. Then you have two phenomenal defenders around him and I think you can live with his defense at short, even if he only marginally improves.

    This year was also weird for so many reasons obviously when it came to getting work in on the field.

    Maybe they forgo DJ and trade and or sign Lindor and it pushes to torres to 2b and this conversation is a mute point.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    dj is no longer a phenomenal defender ...

  7. #1552
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,546
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I disagree as I said in my original post.
    He's 23 years old and lost basically two years of work at short stop.

    1 year at 2B(I disagree with him being better at 2b, he wasn't very good on defense at second either when he played there for 1 year)

    &

    1 year out with Tommy john.

    I'm not willing to throw the towel on him at short stop, not yet.

    They also have a very good defender at third in Gio.

    If they sign DJ for second. Then you have two phenomenal defenders around him and I think you can live with his defense at short, even if he only marginally improves.

    This year was also weird for so many reasons obviously when it came to getting work in on the field.

    Maybe they forgo DJ and trade and or sign Lindor and it pushes to torres to 2b and this conversation is a mute point.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My bad, i thought u were reply about them possibly looking to trade Torres because of his defensive issue if they re-sign DJ. IMO, DJ used to be a tremendous defensive player at 2nd but he has been declining the last 2 yrs, especially last yr. His range, fieldingDJ % and Dwar were all way down from his career averages. Gio had a .992 fielding % and had a DWar of 1.6 last yr, DJ had a .971 fielding% down from his career avg of .991% and his Dwar was only 0.1.

    DJ is a 32yr old, 6'4 and a middle infielder not a great combo of things that bodes well for him aging well defensively.

    I see DJ far more as a benefit to this team in the short term than long term. I don't understand why they would take on the kind of contract he's going to require if they aren't all in on trying to win it all next yr. Just the idea of possibly trading Torres because they resigned DJ is asinine. Torres is to young and has preformed to well already in his career to even be considered to be traded

    Your right about Torres being significantly better defensively a 2nd vs SS. I was more referring to how he played on both sides of the ball when he's been at 2nd primarily vs SS. He was one of the better offensive 2nd baseman in baseball in 18 & 19 vs last yr when he struggled at the plate

    Torres should be a core piece of this team easily for the next 10 plus yrs and hasn't come close to his prime yet. He's the last player they should be considering trading IMO
    Last edited by dayners81; 12-10-2020 at 01:06 AM.

  8. #1553
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    My bad, i thought u were reply about them possibly looking to trade Torres because of his defensive issue if they re-sign DJ. IMO, DJ used to be a tremendous defensive player at 2nd but he has been declining the last 2 yrs, especially last yr. His range, fieldingDJ % and Dwar were all way down from his career averages. Gio had a .992 fielding % and had a DWar of 1.6 last yr, DJ had a .971 fielding% down from his career avg of .991% and his Dwar was only 0.1.

    DJ is a 32yr old, 6'4 and a middle infielder not a great combo of things that bodes well for him aging well defensively.

    I see DJ far more as a benefit to this team in the short term than long term. I don't understand why they would take on the kind of contract he's going to require if they aren't all in on trying to win it all next yr. Just the idea of possibly trading Torres because they resigned DJ is asinine. Torres is to young and has preformed to well already in his career to even be considered to be traded

    Your right about Torres being significantly better defensively a 2nd vs SS. I was more referring to how he played on both sides of the ball when he's been at 2nd primarily vs SS. He was one of the better offensive 2nd baseman in baseball in 18 & 19 vs last yr when he struggled at the plate

    Torres should be a core piece of this team easily for the next 10 plus yrs and hasn't come close to his prime yet. He's the last player they should be considering trading IMO
    Lindor is projected to make $21 million, roughly the same as DJ. To me, if the trade is reasonable Lindor is the smarter play. Taillon intrigues me, especially if they can then spin Voit for a solid #2. Itís clear the Yankees arenít going to spend on pitching, so trading for cost controlled players like Taillon might be the best we can hope for

  9. #1554
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,546
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Lindor is projected to make $21 million, roughly the same as DJ. To me, if the trade is reasonable Lindor is the smarter play. Taillon intrigues me, especially if they can then spin Voit for a solid #2. Itís clear the Yankees arenít going to spend on pitching, so trading for cost controlled players like Taillon might be the best we can hope for
    agreed and that is a horrendous that they aren't going to spend some when the market, especially for relievers is so cheap

  10. #1555
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    26,272
    Taillon makes a lot of sense as a semi buy low candidate. I'm sure they'd have to give up a decent prospect or two but I would think that it wouldn't take any top guys right now. Bell could take Ford's spot and then if he is hitting could play more once the inevitable injuries strike.

  11. #1556
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    A mediocre team plus fanís who are tight in money these days adds up to even bigger financial losses for Hal and his buddies in the front office . If he thinks he is hurting financially now wait until he loses a large chunk of season ticket holders for good after next season.

  12. #1557
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    42,852
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    dj is no longer a phenomenal defender ...
    He was a finalist for a gold glove in 2019. He was excellent this year. He is still a phenomenal defender and you still make phenomenally ridiculous posts.



    Ignorance is bliss

  13. #1558
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    42,852
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    According to Twitter. You can DM Cashman for 9.99 on some app called Cameo.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Word up. It's the code word.


    Maybe it's because the Yankees lost so much money, they are trying to use social media to raise money so they can sign DJ.



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #1559
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    42,852
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Taillon makes a lot of sense as a semi buy low candidate. I'm sure they'd have to give up a decent prospect or two but I would think that it wouldn't take any top guys right now. Bell could take Ford's spot and then if he is hitting could play more once the inevitable injuries strike.
    I agree about what it would take to get done. I think mid level prospects would seal a deal. Maybe a guy like King to be the centerpiece but I Tallion, at 27 coming off TJ surgery for the second time??? For a low cost trade, I think it's a great idea. Heavy 2 seamer and doesn't give up a ton of HRs
    If he can recover fully, he's got TORP stuff. They spoke of him as a potential ACE for the Pirates staff pre injury.
    Bell can hit the hell out of the ball but he's not a defensive whiz by any means. If the Yankees moved Voit, it makes sense. The talk about this deal makes me wonder if they are planning on packaging Voit and they are looking for replacements.



    Ignorance is bliss

  15. #1560
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,457
    New York Yankees
    New York Yankees@Yankees
    Congrats to DJ LeMahieu on earning First Team All-MLB honors, and to Gerrit Cole on Second Team honors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •