Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 256 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    another offseason... some bleepin complaints.. Same old.. "We gotta trade our best players because they suck!"...

The reason Tampa won..
    1. They didn't have a handicap of Aaron Boone..
    2. They don't have our fans to put up with.. (wait.. do they have ANY fans.. That toilet bowl they play in rarely was ever to capacity even before the pandemic....) So they can let those young pitchers pitch and learn to play well.. here in NY.. you either win always or you suck... I mean come on.. Voit wins the the HR title.. gotta get rid of him.. .Judge.. young cheap, good defender and hits both for decent average and distance.. gotta move him... Torres has an off year (in an all around crappy year) and he's gotta get moved...

Let's just throw away every young player we ever get for over the hill never will be agains... ugh same tune different year.. move the very guys we should be damanding we get and you want to get rid of them...

I guess I'm glad I took a few months off.. I didn't miss anything..

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    another offseason... some bleepin complaints.. Same old.. "We gotta trade our best players because they suck!"...

The reason Tampa won..
    1. They didn't have a handicap of Aaron Boone..
    2. They don't have our fans to put up with.. (wait.. do they have ANY fans.. That toilet bowl they play in rarely was ever to capacity even before the pandemic....) So they can let those young pitchers pitch and learn to play well.. here in NY.. you either win always or you suck... I mean come on.. Voit wins the the HR title.. gotta get rid of him.. .Judge.. young cheap, good defender and hits both for decent average and distance.. gotta move him... Torres has an off year (in an all around crappy year) and he's gotta get moved...

Let's just throw away every young player we ever get for over the hill never will be agains... ugh same tune different year.. move the very guys we should be damanding we get and you want to get rid of them...

I guess I'm glad I took a few months off.. I didn't miss anything..
    Trading some of of your best young players under contract control is not said lightly. I donít want to trade some of our best players like Voit, Ursela, and Judge because they suck but because they have the most value to fill out the roster in the right deal. I am not advocating trading players for the sake of trading them alone. Team this offseason should make a plan and expedite it clinically. Purpose should be to diversify the offense away from a HR or nothing attack and to add arms, both starters and relievers. We now may need a new infusion of talent and different skill sets to the roster. If this can be done with free agency, player development, coaching, and a few trades of lower level talent and veterans like Stanton and players like Andujar, Frazier, and prospects that would be ideal. However, trading players like Stanton and Sanchez may prove unlikely for value so unfortunately that leaves players like Voit and Ursela as trade candidates. Or an other option for this team on a specific budget would be to not bring back DJ and spend the money he would demand on a player or two. The old Yankees way of signing the best few free agents is long gone. You have to give to get in this league in trades. We found some gems in Voit and Ursela, and developed a Stud in Judge, but they are the most valuable assets we have and trading them might suck but in the right deal I would trade them. And yes, I donít mind firing Boone or Cashman or both. Yet, it seems the ownership like the continuity of Cashman so whoever replaces Boone will manage like him anyway. Letís see how creative the team can get. Although I anticipate no real changes. Just a few tweaks.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 10-12-2020 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Trading some of of your best young players under contract control is not said lightly. I donít want to trade some of our best players like Voit, Ursela, and Judge because they suck but because they have the most value to fill out the roster in the right deal. I am not advocating trading players for the sake of trading them alone. Team this offseason should make a plan and expedite it clinically. Purpose should be to diversify the offense away from a HR or nothing attack and to add arms, both starters and relievers. We now may need a new infusion of talent and different skill sets to the roster. If this can be done with free agency, player development, coaching, and a few trades of lower level talent and veterans like Stanton and players like Andujar, Frazier, and prospects that would be ideal. However, trading players like Stanton and Sanchez may prove unlikely for value so unfortunately that leaves players like Voit and Ursela as trade candidates. Or an other option for this team on a specific budget would be to not bring back DJ and spend the money he would demand on a player or two. The old Yankees way of signing the best few free agents is long gone. You have to give to get in this league in trades. We found some gems in Voit and Ursela, and developed a Stud in Judge, but they are the most valuable assets we have and trading them might suck but in the right deal I would trade them. And yes, I donít mind firing Boone or Cashman or both. Yet, it seems the ownership like the continuity of Cashman so whoever replaces Boone will manage like him anyway. Letís see how creative the team can get. Although I anticipate no real changes. Just a few tweaks.
    Well said!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    I think I would have left Garcia in and not used Happ at all...
    Amen

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    In an ideal world I would move Voit to DH, DJ if we resign him to 1B, Gleyber back at 2B and we sign Didi back or trade for Lindor at SS.

But that's a lot of movement for just 1 player.

Also I would consider moving Stanton this offseason, I know he has a NTC but maybe if he can move to another winner like LA, SD or the Angels he wouldn't say no.

Anyway the focus this offseason should be 3 SP and 2 to 3 bullpen arms. Pitching.
    100%.
    If they could move Stanton, it would open up a world of opportunities. (Presuming finance is an issue)
    I love the idea of Voit to DH. Torres back to second. DJ to first, Gio stays put and Lindor at SS.
    I think considering he's in his last year of arbitration, Lindor has some say over his future. He could effectively, nix a deal by saying he won't sign long term. I think Andujar and Schmidt can get the dialogue started.
    I don't think that's too much movement for one guy

I also think Hader could be a target for the pen.

I also believe that Cole should step up and put aside his personal feelings about Bauer. If the Yankees signed Bauer?
    And then sign Tank?
    Cole-Bauer-Tak- and your back end 2 some combo of Monty/Devi/ Sevy/German...

Ignorance is bliss

How about making painful trades?

Trade Torres, Trade Garcia, Trade Sanchez, Trade Voit, trade Hicks?

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    How about making painful trades?

Trade Torres, Trade Garcia, Trade Sanchez, Trade Voit, trade Hicks?
    Why Torres? The rest I can understand or at the very least rationalize. I assume the plan includes Lindor or Didi?

CF replacement?

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Why Torres? The rest I can understand or at the very least rationalize. I assume the plan includes Lindor or Didi?

CF replacement?
    . For me everyone but Cole is on the market for the right deal. Maybe Torres for Lindor
    ? It puts Lindor at SS, and leaves DJ at 2b. You keep Ursela and maybe trade Voit for a left hitter for first. For me the Line up needs more balance and variation. With Voit, Stanton, Judge, Sanchez,Torres, Ursela, Frazier, we have enough right handed power. We need more left handed hitters, more contact hitters. Hitters who can bunt and hit and run. Some of the trades can just mean trading a great player for an other great player that just fits better for our team. Well letís just see how imaginative they can get,

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    . For me everyone but Cole is on the market for the right deal. Maybe Torres for Lindor
    ? It puts Lindor at SS, and leaves DJ at 2b. You keep Ursela and maybe trade Voit for a left hitter for first. For me the Line up needs more balance and variation. With Voit, Stanton, Judge, Sanchez,Torres, Ursela, Frazier, we have enough right handed power. We need more left handed hitters, more contact hitters. Hitters who can bunt and hit and run. Some of the trades can just mean trading a great player for an other great player that just fits better for our team. Well letís just see how imaginative they can get,
    Imo this team does not need to be blown up. It needs to be tweaked. #1) resign DJ. A #2 to slot behind Cole and a quality BP piece are next on list, imo. Once Sevy and German are back the rotation looks a bit better. I would try to work something out with Tanaka, however I am concerned the warranty has expired on his elbow repair. Happ and Pax....see ya.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Imo this team does not need to be blown up. It needs to be tweaked. #1) resign DJ. A #2 to slot behind Cole and a quality BP piece are next on list, imo. Once Sevy and German are back the rotation looks a bit better. I would try to work something out with Tanaka, however I am concerned the warranty has expired on his elbow repair. Happ and Pax....see ya.
    I fully agree. A lefty contact bat, preferably one who can run. A legit #2. A couple pen arms.
    I also, mostly agree with Mush's post on which you commented and mostly agreed.
    I wouldn't move Torres right now. But Sanchez, Hicks, Garcia, Andujar, Judge, Stanton are all guys for whom I'd listen to offers.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I fully agree. A lefty contact bat, preferably one who can run. A legit #2. A couple pen arms.
    I also, mostly agree with Mush's post on which you commented and mostly agreed.
    I wouldn't move Torres right now. But Sanchez, Hicks, Garcia, Andujar, Judge, Stanton are all guys for whom I'd listen to offers.
    I never said the team needs to be blown up. However, too many righty batters who swing for the fences. We have a good team, but a fresh set of eyes, clinical analysis, and willingness to deal anyone other then Cole should be used to the fullness to explore improvement. Everything on the table. Maybe itís cause I watch soccer and in soccer teams are cold blooded. They develop players since they were pre teens, but will sell and trade these players for the good of the team.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 10-12-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Outside of maybe 4 players , I just donít see an overwhelming amount of talent in this team . Which would explain why they donít seem to have passion and intensity . I simply see 4 maybe 5 very talented players surrounded by mediocre and underperforming players .

Little talent on this team? LMAO!!!!
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

CF replacement?
    Torres for Lindor no doubt!

bring Gardy back for 2021 to play CF for a stopgap.

And the others trade for minor league depth and then open up the checkbook to fill in the holes.

We have to restock the farm as this group proved to be nothing but 1st Round losers.

I might even trade Judge if we could get the right player back.

I loved the roster in 2017 but not anymore....

This is like 2002-2008 all over again with these early playoff exits.

We do have a lot of talents but the youth are not that young anymore. If you look closely both Judge and Sanchez are approaching 30 years old very fast.

Chapman (33), Britton (33), Ottavino (35), Hicks (31), Stanton (31, if he doesn't opt-out) and obviously Happ (38), Tanaka (32) and Gardner (37) are past their prime.

The last time Stanton had a full-season was 2018. So he is an issue especially if he can't field and has issues staying healthy.

If it's up to me I would go younger without affecting too much how great a team they are.

So I looked at the Dodgers' payroll and commitments past 2021 and saw a match that many of you may not like but I would do it tbh.

I would move Stanton and his huge contract for the next 2 years of David Price ($32M per) and a few prospects (especially pitching prospects). Remember Stanton only makes $23M/year for us so that would add $9M/year in 2021 and 2022.

I don't know how much we are gonna get from Price in 2021 but this move would clear us for when Judge, Sanchez and Gleyber hit FA after 2022.

And that move would also give us an OF with Judge [RF], Hicks [CF] and Frazier [LF] while we can move Voit, DJ, Sanchez or even Judge at DH.

And if it doesn't work out with the Dodgers I'm sure other teams have similar bad contracts or contracts they rather trade away (Darvish with the Cubs for example).

....and Price will be 36 in August! Sorry, I would move Stanton, but not at any cost. I see your long range projection, but also remember they are losing salary next year.
    Last edited by drt1010; 10-12-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Page 10 of 256 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast