Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    One of the biggest things i see different between us and the Dodgers/Rays is their versatility. The have multiple guys that play multiple positions well and they can hit most anywhere in the order. Other than DJ we don't have that

IMO they have adopted a new more effective way to develop a lineup and were still stuck doing it a less effective way. Power in your lineup is a very effective way to win in the regular season but high contact and versatility are seeming to be just as important in your lineup in the post season

I'm completely overlooking the pitching part but that a different part of the conversation
    dodgers are well on the way to 2-1 series lead.. 3 runs already off morton who the yanks could not touch with a 10 foot broom!

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    dodgers are well on the way to 2-1 series lead.. 3 runs already off morton who the yanks could not touch with a 10 foot broom!
    Well there is a reason why the rays are playing the dodgers right now and itís not Houston or the Yankees

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Since you're clearly so in love with the dodgers

May I suggest

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

World Series: Tampa Bay Rays v Los Angeles Dodgers - Series tied 1-1

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

One of the biggest things i see different between us and the Dodgers/Rays is their versatility. The have multiple guys that play multiple positions well and they can hit most anywhere in the order. Other than DJ we don't have that

IMO they have adopted a new more effective way to develop a lineup and were still stuck doing it a less effective way. Power in your lineup is a very effective way to win in the regular season but high contact and versatility are seeming to be just as important in your lineup in the post season

I'm completely overlooking the pitching part but that a different part of the conversation
    I said it months ago and I will say it now , the dodgers are the most complete team out there . They have both the pitching and the offense of a championship team .

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman

Their players also have seemed to buy into that system. Yanks don't have many players that appear to have the ability, or desire to do it.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Their players also have seemed to buy into that system. Yanks don't have many players that appear to have the ability, or desire to do it.

You are right, and it is all about the basics of baseball and a lot of the Yankees players have either no knowledge of those basics or are taught that they donít need to know or use it . Look at the dodgers right now , they just bunted a run in and then got another in via a basehit this inning .

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post

Do you think its the lack of willingness to buy in ? or that the anal department doesn't push the development system to teach that kinda versatility.

Most our players either came into their own or were developed here, so you would think that if contact and versatility were being pushed by management and the developmental teams the players would reflect that.

IMO its not a player problem in the beginning its a poor organizational fundamentals. The Rays and the Dodgers are 1-2 in player development, were still in the top 5, fangraph and ESPN both had us 3rd, but the gap between us and the top 2 is pretty wide
    Last edited by dayners81; 10-23-2020 at 09:40 PM.

Do you think its the lack of willingness to buy in ? or that the anal department doesn't push the development system to teach that kinda versatility.

Most our players either came into their own or were developed here, so you would think that if contact and versatility were being pushed by management and the developmental teams the players would reflect that.

IMO its not a player problem in the beginning its a poor organizational fundamentals. The Rays and the Dodgers are 1-2 in player development, were still in the top 5, fangraph and ESPN both had us 3rd, but the gap between us and the top 2 is pretty wide
    I think itís an organizational problem . The young players with the yanks have been conditioned to focus on launch angles and to swing for the fences . I honestly think that the young Yankees players donít know how to bunt or hit for contact or even the hit and run plays .

Ok, now that Bauer is out of the picture, let's focus on real options.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Scherzer for s short deal? I agree. Verlander just had TJ surgery and is out till 2022 at high point he will be 39. So hard pass on him over Lindor.

Sadly, if Stanton could be moved, we'd have the best of all worlds.

DJ
    Lindor
    Voit
    Judge
    Hicks
    Torres

Cashman was incredibly short sighted in his signing of Stanton. Get rid of his contract and you could have Bauer and Lindor.
    So Cashman was short sighted when he acquired Stanton, but things will change once he hands out another albatross contract to a position player he doesn't need?

torres has a very good arm it's his concentration on routine ground balls that is a problem..
    its not lack of concentration. Torres looks like someone who's just not that used to the position. Not surprising since most players his age are still in AA. Before 2019, the last time he played SS for a full season was in 2016 when he was 20.

Well I think since Sanchez is given 3 or 4 years to work on his defense at catcher then I think torres should be given atleast 1 more season at ss .

Bauer is reportedly telling teams he wants a Strasburg type, long term deal, so we can pretty much rule him out coming here
    Sounds like an accurate measure of market value. Not in Cole's category, but he will be the NL CY this year and is only 29.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    Sounds like an accurate measure of market value. Not in Cole's category, but he will be the NL CY this year and is only 29.
    Any other yr i would completely agree but it usually takes a bidding war to get that kinda deal. How many teams are going to be willing to commit that kinda money long term to one player when the rest of the market is so depressed

IMO Bauer would be way smarter to try to get a 1-2 yr deal with a massive AAV and try to get that deal next yr when, hopefully the market has been regulated.

Same thing with Boras asking 200m for Realmuto in this market. IMO i just don't see very many teams willing to take to big long term deals this winter, especially for players on the wrong side of 30

Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    I'm not too enthusiastic about 2021 or 2022 for that matter. The Yankees are starting to operate like a dinosaur. We are never ahead of the curve. We are a large market team that has fallen in love with small market strategy. The only problem is that we don't follow through with that small market strategy and sell players when they have excess value (Voit) or when they approach FA (Judge) to collect more assets.

We are 4 years into our window, which is closing fast, and now we have a true ace. For a big market team, that means go all in. Spend money and sell minor league assets to acquire missing pieces and hold players accountable. This means (a) extend DJ, (b) sign Bauer, (c) trade for Lindor, (d) sign tanaka and (e) use Sevy/German to bolster the bullpen. Obviously, Sanchez, Voit and Andujar would be used as trade chips and Gardy would be watching games on TV.

If we aren't willing to do that, then our window is closed and we should just sell to acquire young assets and prepare for future FA signings. Sell Chapman, Judge, Voit, Ottavino, Hicks, Sanchez. Sign the SS from DR. Shame Stanton to accept a trade and eat as much cash as necessary. Get control of payroll and let the kids play. Reset below cap. Let covid run its course. I'd probably still sign DJ and Brantley to provide some leadership. We could get a kings ransom and still have a team which competes for a wild card in 2021. Frazier, Brantley and Florial in the OF. Gio, Torres, Wade/Estrada, DJ, Higgy in IF. Andujar at DH. Cole, Deivi/Sevy, German, Monty, Schmidt/King in rotation. Bullpen still would have Britton and Green. I bet that team would be more enjoy able to watch and the results probably wouldn't be as different as you think.

And then after the season fill the holes and start a new window. Sign Lindor. Sign Thor. Bolster the bullpen a bit.
    Incredibly well put.

Excellent summation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    When was the last time the LA Dodgers actually won a WS? Seems relavent since most posters here usually are complaining about how long it has been since Yankees have won a WS; anything else is a failure so Dodgers have "failed" each of those 3 years too, right? Right?
    Yank have BEEN to one World Series in 17 years.

That is a failure.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 10-24-2020 at 04:27 AM.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Excellent post.

The only problem is if the Dodgers win this year, you will hear a chorus of "I told you so's"

The other thing about all this is, while I know it's 20 years but the Yankees 5 WS in a row and 6 out of 7 years from 96-2003
    Before 96? 1981. Imagine if PSD was around then? These whining *****es would have torn themselves to shreds. It's a bunch of spoiled, ignorant pricks.

I don't like Cashman and it's time for him to go but the whining from some posters is absurd.
    Kink, in fairness, Cashman has been on the job going on 23 years, 20 of which can be directly attributed to players, staffing, resource allocation and decision making solely of his choosing and consequently, his responsibility.

In those 20 years, we have been to 2 World Series and won exactly 1.

In the 20 years prior to the dynasty, we made 4 World Series appearances and won 2 (and were very poised for a 5th appearance in Ď94) in what is widely regarded as our single worst era as a franchise.

At the end of the day, no one historically remembers a second place winning season.

To me, the frustration is well justified.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Any other yr i would completely agree but it usually takes a bidding war to get that kinda deal. How many teams are going to be willing to commit that kinda money long term to one player when the rest of the market is so depressed

IMO Bauer would be way smarter to try to get a 1-2 yr deal with a massive AAV and try to get that deal next yr when, hopefully the market has been regulated.

Same thing with Boras asking 200m for Realmuto in this market. IMO i just don't see very many teams willing to take to big long term deals this winter, especially for players on the wrong side of 30
    I respectfully disagree. At 29, coming off a Cy Young, injury free, and the only true TORP on the market, you take as much money as you can get. If the total doesn't exceed $200M, you just build in opt outs. But, you clearly don't assume any performance or injury risk.

Page 38 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast