Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 26 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 1400
  1. #376
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,694
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Tongue in cheek, me thinks.
    not at all, just putting my words, to what the FO probably thought of Verlander at the time.

  2. #377
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,047
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Why not?

    A HOME RUN tied the score.
    A HOME RUN was the winning run.

    Right up their alley.
    first of all yanks would have botched the rundown play when the braves had second and third no outs.. i have seen the yanks botch plays like that this season..and yanks would never have had 2 clutch home runs late in the game...yanks have not been in the world series since 2009 that says it all...

  3. #378
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    Yankees need to figure a way to move Stanton and play Andujar at DH. There is no other spot. He's ARB 1, coming off an injury and has played very little in the last 2 years, and has no position. Therefore, he has little, if any, trade value. Why trade a potentially valuable bat for a bag of balls? The time to move him was after that rookie year.
    Much easier said than done. How many teams have the need and can absorb the contract? Also he has a full NTC.

    Since Stanton did not exercise opt out, Miami to pay $5M cash each 7/1 and 10/1 in 2026, 2027 & 2028. The full $30M amount pro-rated over final 10 years of the contract ($3M/year) for purposes of calculating Luxury tax.

    I agree Andujar's best defensive position is DH. It would be great to find a spot for his bat, but imo he will best serve the team as a trade chip. I also agree his value peaked and an opportunity was lost.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  4. #379
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    not at all, just putting my words, to what the FO probably thought of Verlander at the time.
    OK my apology.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  5. #380
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I want to see both Andujar and Frazier as Yankees. I think Andujar would be the perfect DH. If needed, He could spell Gio, Frazier, Judge once a week, each. (Frazier plays RF when Andujar spells Judge.).
    I think he's the best pure hitter on the team. I think Frazier could surpass him because of his absurd bat speed but right now, Andujar can hit anything.

    That sad truth is, packages contacting one or two packages contacting both of them, could net a TORP, High level Relief or a guy like Lindor.
    I couch also see a package starting with of a controlled guy like Andujar along with Stanton, getting a very good player or pitcher.

    Somehow, I hope they can move Stanton. I maintain that he is going to be an albatross of epic proportions. He turns 31 in November. I think he will be productive, if he can stay on the field for another couple seasons and then those numbers will fall off a cliff and the Yankees will ignore production and keep putting him in the lineup because of "his ability to hit it out of the park"
    Kink........don’t think there’s any road forward for them to move Stanton.

    We are “only” on the hook for 21.5 AAV of that monster contract as Jeter agreed to pay 10.5 annually to buy up to the 32 AAV contract totals. Once Stanton is moved, the new team assumes the entire 32 million annually.

    I just don’t see any team taking on that kind of payroll chunk given Stanton’s history and I REALLY do not see Hal supplementing ANY amount of money for the convenience of ridding himself of Stanton.

    And none of this even touches what level of realistic return on players that we could hope for given the salary assumptions.

    If Stanton were Mike Trout I could see it, but we are where we are precisely because he is Giancarlo Stanton.

  6. #381
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,254
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    first of all yanks would have botched the rundown play when the braves had second and third no outs.. i have seen the yanks botch plays like that this season..and yanks would never have had 2 clutch home runs late in the game...yanks have not been in the world series since 2009 that says it all...
    Really? My crystal ball is in the shop, I will take your word on this one.

    Ask the Rays, Padres, Brewers, Rangers, Mariners, Rockies how they feel about the Yankees not making it to WS since 2009.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  7. #382
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,047
    well those team are never in the yanks class season in season out. yanks should do better than this..and i do not see the yanks even getting to the world series any time soon the way they are constructed...

  8. #383
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,254
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    well those team are never in the yanks class season in season out. yanks should do better than this..and i do not see the yanks even getting to the world series any time soon the way they are constructed...
    Got it. We as spoiled Yankee fans expect it. We believe it is our preordained right. Because of our market size and financial clout we should dominate the landscape. We should be in the WS every season! Winning 27 isn't enough, never enough, not a losing season since '92 be damned, we are the NY Yankees!

    Is it really the postseason and WS if Yankees aren't in it?

    Seriously.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  9. #384
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,694
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Much easier said than done. How many teams have the need and can absorb the contract? Also he has a full NTC.

    Since Stanton did not exercise opt out, Miami to pay $5M cash each 7/1 and 10/1 in 2026, 2027 & 2028. The full $30M amount pro-rated over final 10 years of the contract ($3M/year) for purposes of calculating Luxury tax.

    I agree Andujar's best defensive position is DH. It would be great to find a spot for his bat, but imo he will best serve the team as a trade chip. I also agree his value peaked and an opportunity was lost.

    Agree on all points. We need to stop talking about trading stanton like there's even a remote possibility of it happening.

    With as many injuries the yankees have every season, at so many positions, I don't know how Andujar doesn't get playing time to get at least 500 ABs a year. Once stanton goes down next season, Andujar should get sole possession of DH. If Frazier, Judge suffer an injury, then he should automatically be plugged in, in LF or RF. If Hicks should be injured, Judge should be moved into center, Frazier to right and Andujar to LF. Andujar can also play 3rd or 1st if gio or voit get hurt. The chances everyone will be healthy seems remote.


    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    OK my apology.
    No need.

  10. #385
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Agree on all points. We need to stop talking about trading stanton like there's even a remote possibility of it happening.

    With as many injuries the yankees have every season, at so many positions, I don't know how Andujar doesn't get playing time to get at least 500 ABs a year. Once stanton goes down next season, Andujar should get sole possession of DH. If Frazier, Judge suffer an injury, then he should automatically be plugged in, in LF or RF. If Hicks should be injured, Judge should be moved into center, Frazier to right and Andujar to LF. Andujar can also play 3rd or 1st if gio or voit get hurt. The chances everyone will be healthy seems remote.




    No need.
    That is what tauchman is for . I can’t believe you even think andujar is a good enough defensive outfielder to start a game over tauchman . Andujar is best at dh snd the best thing to do is trade him

  11. #386
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,254
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    first of all yanks would have botched the rundown play when the braves had second and third no outs.. i have seen the yanks botch plays like that this season..and yanks would never have had 2 clutch home runs late in the game...yanks have not been in the world series since 2009 that says it all...
    Dodgers led MLB in home runs this season.

    The last team to lead MLB in HR and make the World Series was the 2009 Yankees.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  12. #387
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,254
    Examining The Yankees’ 2021 Payroll Situation
    By TC Zencka | October 17, 2020 at 7:10pm CDT

    Sherman suggests the Yankees will want to steer clear of exceeding the $210MM luxury tax line, which means taking a significant step back payroll-wise. Making it easier for GM Brian Cashman will be a whole slew of contracts coming off the books: James Paxton ($12.5MM), Masahiro Tanaka ($23MM), DJ LeMahieu ($12MM), J.A. Happ ($17MM), Jacoby Ellsbury ($5MM), and Brett Gardner ($7.5MM).
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...situation.html
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  13. #388
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Got it. We as spoiled Yankee fans expect it. We believe it is our preordained right. Because of our market size and financial clout we should dominate the landscape. We should be in the WS every season! Winning 27 isn't enough, never enough, not a losing season since '92 be damned, we are the NY Yankees!

    Is it really the postseason and WS if Yankees aren't in it?

    Seriously.
    If not for the postseason heroics of one Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez, this franchise would now be facing a solid 20 year deficit between World Series championships.

    The same Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez who Brian Cashman very arrogantly and very publicly cut off negotiations with using the media to air the franchise dirty laundry in a public medium.

    The same Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez who had to end-around both his agent AND Brian Cashman by using a backdoor mediary in Goldman Sachs executive Gerald Cardinale to open a direct line of negotiations with Hal.

    The same Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez that Brian Cashman wanted absolutely no part of and wasn’t afraid to let the world at large know it.

    Last night they ran a graphic during the postgame show outlining that it’s been 25 years since the Braves won a World Series title, as if that were a shock.

    Let’s all take a moment of perspective silence to ruminate about just how close we were to being in that conversation.

    If Brian Cashman had his way, this drought would have eclipsed the Reggie to Derek streak that we all love to cite when expounding upon the virtues of the dynasty.

    And yet Brian Cashman is still allowed to collect meaningful compensation for a p/$s-poor, substandard job performance.

    And we all wonder what the problem is.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 10-19-2020 at 02:40 PM.

  14. #389
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    If not for the postseason heroics of one Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez, this franchise would now be facing a solid 20 year deficit between World Series championships.

    The same Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez who Brian Cashman very arrogantly and very publicly cut off negotiations with using the media to air the franchise dirty laundry in a public medium.

    The same Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez who had to end-around both his agent AND Brian Cashman by using a backdoor mediary in Goldman Sachs executive Gerald Cardinale to open a direct line of negotiations with Hal.

    The same Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez that Brian Cashman wanted absolutely no part of and wasn’t afraid to let the world at large know it.

    Last night they ran a graphic during the postgame show outlining that it’s been 25 years since the Braves won a World Series title, as if that were a shock.

    Let’s all take a moment of perspective silence to ruminate about just how close we were to being in that conversation.

    If Brian Cashman had his way, this drought would have eclipsed the Reggie to Derek streak that we all love to cite when expounding upon the virtues of the dynasty.

    And yet Brian Cashman is still allowed to collect meaningful compensation for a p/$s-poor, substandard job performance.

    And we all wonder what the problem is.
    Free agency is the only reason why we aren’t at a 20 year world championship drought . And speaking of arod , he knows more about the game of baseball than cashman and his analytics nerds will ever know .

  15. #390
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    first of all yanks would have botched the rundown play when the braves had second and third no outs.. i have seen the yanks botch plays like that this season..and yanks would never have had 2 clutch home runs late in the game...yanks have not been in the world series since 2009 that says it all...
    And on top of that i seriously doubt the Yankees bullpen would have pitched 3 scoreless innings in a tied game . They couldn’t in game 5.....

Page 26 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •