Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 93 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    In other words more bs from the yanks front office

Okay, so which part of that is BS in your mind?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Free agents 2021-22: Noah Syndergaard, Clayton Kershaw, Max Scherzer, Justin Verlander, Zack Greinke, Chris Archer, Mike Foltynewicz.

Yankees need rotation help now, however some interesting names on the list following next season. All getting on in years, but pure quality arms.

Greinke, Chris Archer and Kershaw are likely out, so that leaves Scherzer, Verlander, Morton and Thor. Not to mention Kluber, although he could be available as soon as this offseason, in all likelihood. The yankees need one arm to hold down the fort for one year till these guys become available. The question is, who can they possibly get, on a one year deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Greinke, Chris Archer and Kershaw are likely out, so that leaves Scherzer, Verlander, Morton and Thor. Not to mention Kluber, although he could be available as soon as this offseason, in all likelihood.
    I would only go after Thor out of the group

from listening to hal and cashman it appears that old adage if it does not work try try try try again will continue for the yanks next season..

Greinke, Chris Archer and Kershaw are likely out, so that leaves Scherzer, Verlander, Morton and Thor. Not to mention Kluber, although he could be available as soon as this offseason, in all likelihood. The yankees need one arm to hold down the fort for one year till these guys become available. The question is, who can they possibly get, on a one year deal?
    The obvious answer is the guy who has stated publicly he wants to sign ONLY one year deals going forward!
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

The obvious answer is the guy who has stated publicly he wants to sign ONLY one year deals going forward!
    Correct. im just not certain the FO will actually go after him.

With nearly $90M coming off, they would be foolish not to consider the top FA arm. Imo the Cole friction is real, adolescent, but real. Does that prevent them from signing him or is it the $30M+ deal? He will likely expect a premium for signing a one year deal.

Or does FO take the safer, maybe less controversial route, and opt for the younger and cheaper:

Robbie Ray(28)
    Marcus Stroman (30)
    Masahiro Tanaka (32) Resign to a more team friendly deal?
    Julio Teheran (30)
    Michael Wacha (29)
    Taijuan Walker (28)
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Question is would Bauer consider playing in NY, given their history that dates back to college.

Personally I think it's juvenile. You are professionals at the top of your profession start acting like adults worthy of the esteem you are held.
    https://twitter.com/BauerOutage/stat...31661034635264

https://twitter.com/BauerOutage/stat...18634205532171

Last edited by PJO34; 10-15-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Cole, Bauer, Severino, German, (Garcia, Schmidt, Montgomery, etc.) could be a dangerous rotation if Severino comes back ok, and German can knock the rust off. That is a rotation that can go head to head with a team like the Rays.

I know Hal wants to bring down the payroll, but there must be a lot of pressure to win at least one WS with this core and after 2022, decisions about who to keep and who to let go are going to need to be made. I think the addition of Sevy, German, and Kahnle would have been enough to get us past the Rays this year if the three had been available. But, if we could add Bauer, and re-sign DJ, that would (again, again) make us the prohibitive favorites going into next season.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    Cole, Bauer, Severino, German, (Garcia, Schmidt, Montgomery, etc.) could be a dangerous rotation if Severino comes back ok, and German can knock the rust off. That is a rotation that can go head to head with a team like the Rays.
    100%
    The ifs are why I would bring back Tanaka if he would sign a year or two deal for a reasonable price.
    At worst he becomes a 4th or 5th starter.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Question is would Bauer consider playing in NY, given their history that dates back to college.

Personally I think it's juvenile. You are professionals at the top of your profession start acting like adults worthy of the esteem you are held.
    I have zero idea about this but based on comments it seems Bauer is under Cole's skin more than the other way.

But for sure! You want to win a title? Play together

Ignorance is bliss

[i don't see any circumstance that the yanks would be willing to pay what bauer will cost...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    [i don't see any circumstance that the yanks would be willing to pay what bauer will cost...
    How about a deciding game in the ALCS? Or perhaps game 2 vs Tampa this year? WS Game 6? I think you get the gist.

He won't be cheap. He will expect a premium to sign a 1 yr deal. But he's the top rated FA arm for a reason.

How about a deciding game in the ALCS? Or perhaps game 2 vs Tampa this year? WS Game 6? I think you get the gist.

He won't be cheap. He will expect a premium to sign a 1 yr deal. But he's the top rated FA arm for a reason.
    Unlike most of us , cashman and Hal just refuse to learn from history

Page 17 of 93 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast