Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 93 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    yanks don't get high draft pick because they are a winning team every year.. rays were bad for a while to get high draft pick...yanks got jeter because they were bad in the early 1990's
    And that is exactly why they need to spend on pitching . Only way they could draft good enough pitching is to be really bad for atleast a couple seasons .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Already the front office starting this off season with stupidity, they are bringing back Boone next season.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...l-steinbrenner

Well, look at it this way. At least you're guaranteed to have something to whine about for the off season, not that you need any help with that.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

And that is exactly why they need to spend on pitching . Only way they could draft good enough pitching is to be really bad for atleast a couple seasons .
    this team will never be bad enough to get one of the best prospects in the draft.. so scouting and free agency trades is the way to go..

Bryan Hoch
    @BryanHoch
    ·
    1m
    Cashman was ready for the Garcia/Happ question. He said that J.A. Happ has 15 postseason career appearances - four as a starter. Also points to Happ being used as a bulk reliever vs. Tampa Bay last September.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Bryan Hoch
    @BryanHoch
    ·
    1m
    Cashman was ready for the Garcia/Happ question. He said that J.A. Happ has 15 postseason career appearances - four as a starter. Also points to Happ being used as a bulk reliever vs. Tampa Bay last September.
    In other words more bs from the yanks front office

Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    It's pure speculation as to who would be available for trade but I think Carrasco could be traded for the right price. Indians probably still like Frazier, and Santana their 1B is a free agent so they might like Voit as well. Would you trade either for Carrasco? What if they ask for both? Would be pretty sweet with a rotation of Cole, Bauer and Carrasco. Frazier gone, opens up Brantley signing or an Andujar sighting lol
    If i'm the indians and the team that eliminated me in the playoffs comes calling for Carrasco, i'd probably ask for Gleyber, Deivi, Frazier and Andujar for Carrasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    If i'm the indians and the team that eliminated me in the playoffs comes calling for Carrasco, i'd probably ask for Gleyber, Deivi, Frazier and Andujar for Carrasco.
    Just because they ask, we don't have to agree; look elsewhere then!

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    With Cohen buying the Mets i think he's going to make a statement in FA and try to dominate the top of the market,
    I would say they are probably the favorites to sign Bauer, Realmuto, Springer and i could see them being players for Hader or another big time reliever.

I''m kinda surprised that Boston is making indications that they are going to spend big, they seem like they are much father away than a few FA pieces.

IMO even if Boston and the Muts sign 1-2 relievers each there are still enough #2/#3 reliver types that we should still be able to get a couple good ones without spending a ton of money IMO

Your absolutely right about a possible sophomore slump from German but the stuff is good enough that he should be fine being counted on as a back end starter

Honestly if they can't or won't upgrade both the front of the rotation and the middle of the pen it really won't matter what number German pitches too. IMO if they don't make the needed upgrades were either going to be fighting for a WC or missing the playoffs altogether . Tampa has a ton of very elite talent that will be ready to seriously contribute at the MLB level in the next couple yrs. If we don't stay aggressive or make some wrong moves we could be staring up at Tampa for the foreseeable future
    Hal doesn’t sound like he’s so on board with allowing German back on the roster so don’t count him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Just because they ask, we don't have to agree; look elsewhere then!
    Precisely. Shoot for the moon.

Cleveland may be looking to cut payroll. Carrassco is 33 and hasn't pitched in two years. Imo they may have to eat salary to move him!
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    His better days are behind him. 5 innings tops on a good day. Not what we are looking for. I would not offer any of those guys for him

Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    Hal doesn’t sound like he’s so on board with allowing German back on the roster so don’t count him in.
    He'd be a fool not to allow him back. I understand he 's taking a public position to protect the brand.
    If he packages him in a deal that nets a solid #2, different story.

In other words more bs from the yanks front office
    Yeah you could say that.

Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    It's pure speculation as to who would be available for trade but I think Carrasco could be traded for the right price. Indians probably still like Frazier, and Santana their 1B is a free agent so they might like Voit as well. Would you trade either for Carrasco? What if they ask for both? Would be pretty sweet with a rotation of Cole, Bauer and Carrasco. Frazier gone, opens up Brantley signing or an Andujar sighting lol
    Myself, Doc, and Day were all heavily advocating for Carrasco two offseasons ago and it didn’t happen.

Then the condition hit.

Not sure if I want to trade high for him now given the medical history. If anything, would slot in as that solid #3 MOSP I mentioned a few posts ago. Two years ago, Carrasco would be my hands-down #2. Now, I feel that it’s Bauer or bust.

Unless Max becomes available.

By the way.....I believe that this is the first time that we have ever conversed.

Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Myself, Doc, and Day were all heavily advocating for Carrasco two offseasons ago and it didn’t happen.

Then the condition hit.

Not sure if I want to trade high for him now given the medical history. If anything, would slot in as that solid #3 MOSP I mentioned a few posts ago. Two years ago, Carrasco would be my hands-down #2. Now, I feel that it’s Bauer or bust.

By the way.....I believe that this is the first time that we have ever conversed.

Welcome.
    I wouldn’t trade for Carrasco , could get similar output from Tanaka without trading valuable trade chips

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post

Then the condition hit.

Welcome.
    Thanks for the welcome Sauron. I've enjoyed reading yours and Shinobi and Dayners (and others!) posts over the years.

Max had an ERA close to 4 this year. Yes argument could be made it was a weird year and short season. I believe he has 1 year left on his contract at 28M. He'd be a rental and he's 36/37 years old next season. Would you give up valuable trade assets like Voit and or Frazier for him?

That said, he is better than what we got hands down. I'm just a little worried he might be the next Randy Johnson for us.

Page 15 of 93 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast