Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    sounds like that will be up to DJ. Sounds like the Yanks max for him is 4yrs80m. If he's simply looking for the biggest deal i doubt he'll get that here
    how can you pay these players full salary if fans are not allowed in the stands or a lot of fans? if their is no vaccine then players will have to get a lot less money as teams will be bleeding money without fans...

Guys like DJ, Bauer, Realmuto, Springer and a couple other guys are going to get paid pretty much what they would any yr.

Its the mid and lower tier players that are going to be taking some very big pay cuts. There will be tons of opportunities for teams to get much better pretty cheaply for teams willing to take some chances.

Example would be Brantley, he's been making about 16m a yr but mlb and mlb trade rumors are predicting a 1-2 yr deal at no more than 8m per. In a normal yr he should have been able to get 3yrs 45m plus

he is next yr when he, Correa and Lindor all hit the market after the 21 season
    *and Story

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Could you try English, please?
    Fair request.

[QUOTE=Posada20;33669142]
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Im sure the yankees had similiar feelings about Verlander before he went on to crush them in every post season start since 2017, while also winning 1 and narrowly winning a second cy young, along the way. I'll take a chance on that, for one year, yes thanks.

Did you mean giving verlander a one year deal for 2022? If so that might not be a bad idea

You're right....in a sense. It wouldn't be a bad idea, it would be a horrible idea.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

How about taking a chance on Tyler Chatwood as a reliever. Should be very cheap, high risk reward guy

Red Sox are very interested in our bench coach Carlos Mendoza, for their manager position

If only someone was interested in taking cashman as their gm ...

sounds like that will be up to DJ. Sounds like the Yanks max for him is 4yrs80m. If he's simply looking for the biggest deal i doubt he'll get that here
    Has that been said somewhere I haven’t seen that anywhere yet, the 4/80 max thing. I may have just missed it somewhere though.

Sherman among others have reported that number

Team is broke. No big signings. Not taking on big deals. This year we are shopping like the Mets after Madeoff.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Team is broke. No big signings. Not taking on big deals. This year we are shopping like the Mets after Madeoff.
    Mets have new owners now , I wouldn’t be surprised if they win a ws before the Yankees win one

People familiar with the Mets seem to be split about what COhen will be willing to spend in FA this winter. Sounds like they will spend as heavily as they can on development and 1-2 bigger MLB signings, depending on if they resign Stroman from what i've been reading

People familiar with the Mets seem to be split about what COhen will be willing to spend in FA this winter. Sounds like they will spend as heavily as they can on development and 1-2 bigger MLB signings, depending on if they resign Stroman from what i've been reading
    One thing the mets have done well development wise is with starting pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    One thing the mets have done well development wise is with starting pitching.
    besides Degrom who else are you talking about?

Page 42 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast