Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    I get the Robertson deal if its 1 yr veteran minimum to see if he has anything left but certainly not to replace Chappy. If your trying to replace Chapman fine, but Robertson isn't that guy.

Don't get the Verlander idea .

I don't understand how anyone wouldn't want Lindor on this team, he improves this team in alot of key ways and he's just starting his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    a shame corey seager is not a free agent he would be perfect for the yanks a ss with tremendous power and a lefty in yankee stadium...
    he is next yr when he, Correa and Lindor all hit the market after the 21 season

what a classic world series game and ending..

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    he is next yr when he, Correa and Lindor all hit the market after the 21 season
    hopefully covid 19 will be gone..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    what a classic world series game and ending..
    So far this series is a true case of the two best teams in their sport playing for the title

these really are the 2 best teams in the MLB. They are about as opposite financially as they can get but the foundation of both their organizations is player development. Both these teams are excellent at finding, drafting and developing talent and that plays a massive part of their overall success

these really are the 2 best teams in the MLB. They are about as opposite financially as they can get but the foundation of both their organizations is player development. Both these teams are excellent at finding, drafting and developing talent and that plays a massive part of their overall success
    In the dodgers case spending over 200 mill is a bigger factor than player development . Although I give the dodgers
    Credit for their new ace .

The Dodgers have developed Kershaw, Buehler, Urias and May starting pitching wise. The developed Bellinger, Seager, Peterson, Barners, Smith and other on the MLB roster, they we also able to completely change the careers of guys like Turner, Muncy, Ect. Also think about all the huge trades they have pulled of using there own specs, Darvish, Machado, Betts to name the main ones. They gave up some significant assets to get those players and still have to top farm system. In addition to that they still have a top 3 farm system.

While being able to spend big has certainly helped them but they wouldn't be anywhere close to where they are today if they didn't do an excellent job of finding and developing talent

Freidman proved how well that philosophy worked when he was in Tampa, he's just has the money to do it on a bigger scale with the Dodgers, plus he has the financial security to go out and spend at the top of the market when he wants/ needs to. Even though Freidman is a huge anals guy, he keep actual baseball people around him to help make decisions.. They have set up that franchise for continued long term success better than any other team in the league IMO.

When u have a pipeline that seems to develop atleast 2-3 MLB average or much better specs a yr to use either to fill their own holes or use them as chips to get pieces like Betts and u can afford to spend money whenever u need to thats a recipe for sustained long term success

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I get the Robertson deal if its 1 yr veteran minimum to see if he has anything left but certainly not to replace Chappy. If your trying to replace Chapman fine, but Robertson isn't that guy.

Don't get the Verlander idea .

I don't understand how anyone wouldn't want Lindor on this team, he improves this team in alot of key ways and he's just starting his prime.
    That;'s my feeling. He improves defense, the lineup, the base paths. Some don't feel adding a lefty bat is beneficial. I do. I'd love to add more but where?

If Roberston was cheap? Yes. I'd do it but again, he's 36 and hasn't pitched in two years because of a TJ surgery setback. He's not a reliable choice. He's risk reward.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Now reports saying that there will not be a universal DH.

Manfred has got to be the worst commissioner in the history of the game.

There are not too many pooches left for him to screw

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Now reports saying that there will not be a universal DH.

Manfred has got to be the worst commissioner in the history of the game.

There are not too many pooches left for him to screw

He is making selig look like the best commissioner in the history of mlb

The Dodgers have developed Kershaw, Buehler, Urias and May starting pitching wise. The developed Bellinger, Seager, Peterson, Barners, Smith and other on the MLB roster, they we also able to completely change the careers of guys like Turner, Muncy, Ect. Also think about all the huge trades they have pulled of using there own specs, Darvish, Machado, Betts to name the main ones. They gave up some significant assets to get those players and still have to top farm system. In addition to that they still have a top 3 farm system.

While being able to spend big has certainly helped them but they wouldn't be anywhere close to where they are today if they didn't do an excellent job of finding and developing talent

Freidman proved how well that philosophy worked when he was in Tampa, he's just has the money to do it on a bigger scale with the Dodgers, plus he has the financial security to go out and spend at the top of the market when he wants/ needs to. Even though Freidman is a huge anals guy, he keep actual baseball people around him to help make decisions.. They have set up that franchise for continued long term success better than any other team in the league IMO.

When u have a pipeline that seems to develop atleast 2-3 MLB average or much better specs a yr to use either to fill their own holes or use them as chips to get pieces like Betts and u can afford to spend money whenever u need to thats a recipe for sustained long term success

Didnt said he dodgers have a couple bad seasons during the championship run of the giants ?

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Didnt said he dodgers have a couple bad seasons during the championship run of the giants ?

Could you try English, please?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    That;'s my feeling. He improves defense, the lineup, the base paths. Some don't feel adding a lefty bat is beneficial. I do. I'd love to add more but where?

If Roberston was cheap? Yes. I'd do it but again, he's 36 and hasn't pitched in two years because of a TJ surgery setback. He's not a reliable choice. He's risk reward.
    I'd love for the Yanks to sign Brantley. All the guy does is hit and with our inability to keep our OFers healthy he would definitely have a chance to get 400+ ABs

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    The Dodgers have won their division for the last 8 seasons straight

Page 40 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast