Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Honestly, that wasn't crazy at the time. It was tough to see DJ going from average-ish bat in Colorado to MVP type player in NY.
    His career average in Colorado was 299. His rookie year he hit 250 and only in one other year did he hit under 275 with most being in the 300 range. If we throw out his rookie year which was 37 games, he is a career 300+ hitter in Colorado.
    The only year his OBP was under 300 was also that first season. There are only 3 seasons (including the first one) where he was under 320. His career OBP at Coors was 336. If you take out the rookie year it's 347

He has struck out over 100, only once

He won a batting title with rat Rockies.

Being skeptical is one thing and no one would have predicted his being this good. The vast majority of posters liked the signing because they knew type of hitter he was and knew he could be a big help to the lineup.

However, the vitriol and flat out stupidity that Johnny spewed was absurdly off base and inaccurate.

DJ has always been a very good hitter. He has had some up years and some down. I wouldn't be shocked if he had a 280ish season next year but he will still put the ball in play and get his job done.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    Easy FA, Stroman. Trade wise realistically speaking Carrasco. Are these my favorite choices? Hell no, I wish we could do better (get Bauer) I wish we could get a Walker Buehler for a package but I'm just being real. Trade wise you have to look at teams and see if what we have to offer would tempt them. We have a lot of right handed power, teams like the Brewers, Indians, Nationals (they probably want LH hitters) and Cardinals all need offense. The rest of the AL East ain't gonna help us and neither is the Mets so you can cross them off.

An intriguing name who I think might be available is Carlos Martinez, he had a bad year but he has a good track record previously. He could continue to suck for sure but he is a buy low candidate. It's just whether the Cardinals would give up on him because he does have question marks.

Outside of Bauer, every FA pitcher has question marks, all the guys I just mentioned are in the same boat. But that's why it's possible to obtain them. No team who thinks they are in contention is ready and willing to trade a #2 starter unless there is a reason like lowering payroll.
    I've never been a real believer that Stoman was more than a good #3 type starter on a good team rather than a TORP. I do agree he's probably the 2nd best FA starter behind Bauer. It should be interesting to see what his market is like after opting out this yr and in this market. If the yrs and price are right he's definitely should be considered but i don't think he's would represent much of an upgrade over Tanaka.

I've been a long time fan of Carrasco but after his bout with leukemia and getting older IMO he's more of a great number #3 in a solid rotation than the TORP/ Ace he was. My interest would greatly depend on how much money Cleveland would eat and what they would want in return. I wouldn't trade any of Frazier, Devi or Schmidt for him. He would be an upgrade next yr but i question how well he is going to age especially after having leukemia. He'll be 34 with 3yrs left on his deal so aging would be an issue as well

Martinez has an incredible arm but he's struggled in the past with being effective in the rotation and injuries. He's pitched out of the BP and i think thats going to be his best future role, a multi inning power reliever that you can bring in at any point of the game. I'd love to get him and see him focus on just throwing his 2 best pitches, i'm just not sure STL would part with him for the minimum return that he's really worth. I completely agree he's a great change of scenery/ buy low candidate . He's still got 3yr and 30m plus on his deal so STL would need to eat a fair part of that deal to make it make sense IMO

What would you think about trying to get German Marquez from COL ? we know they are one of the team that already talking about cutting payroll significantly and he's entering arbitration. He's only 26 and put up consecutive seasons of 3.1, 4.7 and 3.5 WAR pitching in Coors field half the time. He wouldn't be cheap maybe something like Sanchez, 1 of Frazier or Andujar and a non top 5 pitchng specs. I do know the Rockies really like Luis Gil and have tried to acquire him multiple times. Maybe Voit and Gil gets it done?

This is what so stupid about not signing Bauer if he really only wants a 1yr deal. IMO our biggest need is another TORP that can go head to head with someone like Snell or Glasnow and other than Bauer, even on the trade market from the rumors we've heard so far, the pickings are pretty slim. Were not winning with just Cole and what we have. I'm very concerned we will go into next yr with what we've got with Cashman hoping German goes right back to his 2019 form and they will count on Sevy to be the rotation savior when he gets back in June/July

I truly believe if they don't atleast fix the pitching, both rotation and BP, next yr will be another lost prime yr of Cole and the core of this team. Now isn;t the time to go cheap, the window to win is now and closing rapidly. It's going to be a huge mistake if they don't make the better personnel decisions this winter IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    His career average in Colorado was 299. His rookie year he hit 250 and only in one other year did he hit under 275 with most being in the 300 range. If we throw out his rookie year which was 37 games, he is a career 300+ hitter in Colorado.
    The only year his OBP was under 300 was also that first season. There are only 3 seasons (including the first one) where he was under 320. His career OBP at Coors was 336. If you take out the rookie year it's 347

He has struck out over 100, only once

He won a batting title with rat Rockies.

Being skeptical is one thing and no one would have predicted his being this good. The vast majority of posters liked the signing because they knew type of hitter he was and knew he could be a big help to the lineup.

However, the vitriol and flat out stupidity that Johnny spewed was absurdly off base and inaccurate.

DJ has always been a very good hitter. He has had some up years and some down. I wouldn't be shocked if he had a 280ish season next year but he will still put the ball in play and get his job done.
    lets just hope he's playing for us next yr. I think DJ probably has 2-3 really good yrs left depending on what position he plays after 35 but i would be really surprised in he hit under .300 atleast next yr

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    And again you canít read , the post season is part of the whole season . I only merely pointed out how Hughes wasnít exceptional in the 09 post season .

There's so many things you just don't get. That's one of them. If they're one and the same, please explain why post season stats don't count for the SEASON. There's a reason. Seem if you can figure it out.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

And again you canít read , the post season is part of the whole season . I only merely pointed out how Hughes wasnít exceptional in the 09 post season .

There's so many things you just don't get. That's one of them. If they're one and the same, please explain why post season stats don't count for the SEASON. There's a reason. Seem if you can figure it out.

And stop telling me I can't read. That's just your ignorance shining through.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Well that is what I said in that post , that I doubted the bullpen could pitch 3 scoreless innings in a tie game . Not that they would never do it .

So you made a pointless post. LOL!!!
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Hard no on Stroman in any capacity.

Iíll take my chances with a greatly diminished Tank at that point because he at least is comfortable in the NY glare.

Use whatever we we would waste onStroman on something more productive.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Hard no on Stroman in any capacity.

Iíll take my chances with a greatly diminished Tank at that point because he at least is comfortable in the NY glare.

Use whatever we we would waste onStroman on something more productive.
    the yanks should go all out on bauer he is a number 1 ace pitcher regardless of his drama....

While Bauer has been excellent at times in his career, he's been a little to inconsistent to be an ace IMO. He had a negative war for the Reds in 19. He's definitely the best FA option and a TORP but I thinks he needs 1 more dominant ur next ur to achieve ACE status. Imo there is probably less than 10 starters or less I would consider a true Ace

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    While Bauer has been excellent at times in his career, he's been a little to inconsistent to be an ace IMO. He had a negative war for the Reds in 19. He's definitely the best FA option and a TORP but I thinks he needs 1 more dominant ur next ur to achieve ACE status. Imo there is probably less than 10 starters or less I would consider a true Ace
    I don't consider Bauer an Ace. He's a number 1 for most teams but I think there is a difference between those two. It's a dominance thing. Bauer as the 2 on this team would be fantastic.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Who the hell cares if the post season stats donít count for the season. I only pointed out that Hughes was not exceptional in the playoffs in 09 , the last time they won it all . How is that not a correct statement ?!
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-21-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    So you made a pointless post. LOL!!!
    Only pointless to you since it was my opinion . And you are the only one who is arguing with me over it . If you want to disagree with it thatís fine but I stand by what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't consider Bauer an Ace. He's a number 1 for most teams but I think there is a difference between those two. It's a dominance thing. Bauer as the 2 on this team would be fantastic.
    We agree completely. IMO there is a big difference between a true ace and a #1 Torp. To me an ace has to show dominance in the regular season and the post season but he has to do it consistently yr after yr. Bauer has had some excellent seasons like last yr, one of the better pitchers in baseball, but he's had some very inconsistent yr also like after he got traded to the Reds.

I completely agree he is a number 1 starter, probably one of the better ones and is on the verge of being an ace. I have zero doubt he could dominate most other team's #2 starters. I also love the idea he want to pitch every 4th game instead of every 5 days so he could be the 1st modern pitcher to win 30 games in a season. With both Bauer and Cole extremely capable of pitching on short rest in the playoffs would also benefit us a great deal ]

Thatís the thing the Yankees donít need an ace behind cole they just need a very solid #2 starter to stabilize the rotation behind cole and I believe Bauer fits the bill . I also think stroman does it too but to a lesser extent . And I honestly would take stroman over Paxton or Tanaka right now

I like most of what you said there but Stanton isnít going anywhere mainly because of his ntc . And resigning Tanaka and getting yet another mid tier starter for the rotation will likely not get them any closer to a world title than they are now . Outside of that I really like your ideas .
    Oh, I agree. The idea is to punt on 2021, but give us a punchers chance, and come back strong in 2022.

The logic is that this core is tired and the window is about over. If your not going to spend to keep it open, then retool for a quick turn around.

Page 33 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast