Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Just finished the article.

Really liked the last paragraph about accountability (and how there is none in Cashmanís Kingdom).

Itís almost like everything that Iíve been saying for the better part of 13 years might actually be true.
    For sure. And I was clearly not the only one who saw Blake as ineffective.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Presuming Boone is at 3rd that whole time? Yikes. No. he doesn't move the needle. The Yankees traded for Arod and the difference was significant.
    My point was more that there was no guarantee that Boone would have been there. They may have gone a different route. They may have found a better player. He may not have been Arod but he could certainly have been better than Boone.

I think the argument was regarding 07, when Arod opted out. Cashman didn't 't want him back and George told Cash to effectively, STFU and gave ARod what he wanted.

Cashman was ready to let Arod go, so Arod would not have been a part of the 09 season and WS. So even that WS was not a result of Casman's good decisions but in spite of them.

I believe that was Sauron's main argument. Is that correct Sauron?

For sure. And I was clearly not the only one who saw Blake as ineffective.
    But therein lies the problem.

Blake and Thames will take the brunt of the heat that Brian Cashman and Aarone Boone have earned and so richly deserve and nothing of consequence will change nor will any tangible advancement occur.

At the very least, one of the two should have been fired and the franchise changed direction, ESPECIALLY if Hal doesnít want to commit to procuring the necessary parts to complete the team on the open market.

No...............instead we will lose yet another of Coleís prime production years and another of the coreís cost controlled window years hopelessly, comically, and stupidly trying to justify Brianís Ďbaseball acumení with another year of hoping and praying on Severino, Deivi, Monty, Holder, Cessa, Tarpley, Loisaga and the geek squad.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 10-20-2020 at 11:47 AM.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

But therein lies the problem.

Blake and Thames will take the brunt of the heat that Brian Cashman and Aarone Boone have earned and so richly deserve and nothing of consequence will change nor will any tangible advancement occur.

At the very least, one of the two should have been fired and the franchise change direction, ESPECIALLY if Hal doesnít want to commit to procuring the necessary parts to complete the team on the open market.

No...............instead we will lose yet another of Coleís prime production years and another of the coreís cost controlled window years hopelessly, comically, and stupidly trying to justify Brianís Ďbaseball acumení with another year of hoping and praying on Severino, Deivi, Monty, Holder, Cessa, and Loisaga.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
    My fear with Hal is that Cashman is now the last emotional connection to George and that will make it very, very hard for him to fire him.
    Cashman will be admitting defeat if he fires Boone because Boone is his boy. Girardi was not.

Ignorance is bliss

My fear with Hal is that Cashman is now the last emotional connection to George and that will make it very, very hard for him to fire him.
    Cashman will be admitting defeat if he fires Boone because Boone is his boy. Girardi was not.
    Absolutely.

And thatís whatís truly scary.

Like I stated a few posts ago, Brian has made quite the cottage industry career-wise of failing upwards.

Quite the cottage industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    IIRC, Aaron Boone was our 3Bman before Arod and would have continued being that in 2004 and beyond if he hadn't messed up his knee real bad playing in a pickup basketball game. Would we have won more WSs between 2004 and 2008 with Boone playing there?

Yankees wouldnít have won a thing with Boone instead of arod because their biggest problem from 04 to 08 was starting pitching( sound familiar? ) . Cashman failed at getting the ace the needed over and over during those 4 years and failed at effectively replacing pettitte . All they had in those 4 years ago was mussina , and a long list of failing and injured pitchers , kind of like now except itís cole and a list of failed and injured pitchers .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yankees wouldnít have won a thing with Boone instead of arod because their biggest problem from 04 to 08 was starting pitching( sound familiar? ) . Cashman failed at getting the ace the needed over and over during those 4 years and failed at effectively replacing pettitte . All they had in those 4 years ago was mussina , and a long list of failing and injured pitchers , kind of like now except itís cole and a list of failed and injured pitchers .
    This is an excellent point.

This is an excellent point.
    It amazes me at how history repeats itself ....
    this off season needs to be like the off season of 08 but instead will be like the off season of 18

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    first of all yanks would have botched the rundown play when the braves had second and third no outs.. i have seen the yanks botch plays like that this season..and yanks would never have had 2 clutch home runs late in the game...yanks have not been in the world series since 2009 that says it all...

Could you stop PRETENDING you know what would happen in a game? You've seen them botch such a play? So have I. SO WHAT? I'm sure no other team has ever blown a rundown play. Have you ever seen them not botch a rundown?

And to say they'd never have 2 clutch home runs late in a game is one of the dumbest things you've ever said, and that's saying something.

And the fact they haven't been in a WS since 2009 has nothing to do with this post.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

And on top of that i seriously doubt the Yankees bullpen would have pitched 3 scoreless innings in a tied game . They couldnít in game 5.....

Yeah, because they didn't in game 5, means they could never do it. Oh wait, they've done it many times. Of course you'd have to watch the games to know that.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Why donít you read instead ? I was only talking about how he wasnít exceptional in the 09 playoffs.

But if you want to talk overall , Hughes wasnít exceptional either since he has a lifetime era of 4.52,
    LO!! You still don't get it. He didn't say LIFETIME, he said SEASON.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    LO!! You still don't get it. He didn't say LIFETIME, he said SEASON.
    And you still donít get it either , the playoffs were part of the 2009 SEASON .

Yeah, because they didn't in game 5, means they could never do it. Oh wait, they've done it many times. Of course you'd have to watch the games to know that.
    Did I say they never do that ? No I didnít I said I highly DOUBT they would . And their losing record this season in one run games gave me reason enough to doubt the bullpen in that situation .
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-20-2020 at 03:38 PM.

And you still donít get it either , the playoffs were part of the 2009 SEASON .

Again....you're WRONG!!! Regular season and post season are NOT one and the same.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Did I say they never do that ? No I didnít I said I highly DOUBT they would . And their losing record this season in one run games gave me reason enough to doubt the bullpen in that situation .

What you doubt doesn't mean squat.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Again....you're WRONG!!! Regular season and post season are NOT one and the same.
    And again you canít read , the post season is part of the whole season . I only merely pointed out how Hughes wasnít exceptional in the 09 post season .

Page 30 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast