Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 208 of 256 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3833
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    Adam King
    @TheKingSource

Luis Castillo to the @Yankees update: For the 1st time I am hearing there may be a 3rd team in the trade. Likely receiving Adam Ottavino. The #Yankees and @Reds working hard to get this done but it remains to be seen if it does get done!

8:56 PM · Jan 16, 2021·Twitter Web App
    Id Cashman and Hal get this done, WOW. I would love to know what kind of package we would have to give up. With all the outfielders we've been connected to he's got to be one of the main pieces.

I'll be very curious to see what happens with this. Is this guy a reliable source or just another twitter GM??

Frazier, Andujar, Peraza, Devi and Schmidt with Otto going somewhere also in a 3 team deal for Castillio. I saw another package that had Gil in it instead on Andujar... or that has been whats discussed according to what i've heard/read... absolutely no idea how likely its is just that its being heavily discussed. One source i got it from is someone i consider reliable .... take it for whatever its worth

thats definitely alot, especially pitching wise to give up. I really don't have an issue trading both Schmidt and Garcia especially if the can keep Gil, Roansy and Medina

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Frazier, Andujar, Peraza, Devi and Schmidt with Otto going somewhere also in a 3 team deal for Castillio. I saw another package that had Gil in it instead on Andujar... or that has been whats discussed according to what i've heard/read... absolutely no idea how likely its is just that its being heavily discussed. One source i got it from is someone i consider reliable .... take it for whatever its worth

thats definitely alot, especially pitching wise to give up. I really don't have an issue trading both Schmidt and Garcia especially if the can keep Gil, Roansy and Medina
    I hope this is real and gets done. Getting Castillo without giving up those young pitchers you mentioned or Dominguez is a win in my book.

I don't think it takes quite that much. Frazier, Garcia, Schmidt, and Peraza together is essentially the equivalent of trading four top 5 prospects in the organization. I think that package is heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I don't think it takes quite that much. Frazier, Garcia, Schmidt, and Peraza together is essentially the equivalent of trading four top 5 prospects in the organization. I think that package is heavy.
    pinestripe alley and a couple other sources are now saying Frazier and Andujar are the 2key pieces. I would think the package you mentioned should be enough to blow them away like the Reds wanted. I'd absolutely love to be a fly on Cashmans wall right now just to findout how real this is and what players for sure are involved. If they end up pulling this deal off this could be one incredible rotation. We start the yr with
    Cole
    Castillio
    Kluber
    Monty
    German

Sevy gets back mid season and its not a huge stretch to think one of Gil, Medina or Roansy, if they aren't traded could force there way into the rotation. If Kluber and Sevy return anywhere close to form we would have 4 Torp in the rotation by Mid June. Even if Sevy and Kluber only pitch at 80-90% of what they are capable they still make incredible 3-4s

I really don’t see the Yankees trading for Castillo. A lot of trade ideas on this forum never come to fruition. You all have good reasons for the trade idea but the Yankees have their own plans.

Yanks are in a payroll bind. They have approximately $7 million left to spend to stay under $210 million. My gut says they are done with the rotation.

1. Cole
    2. Kluber
    3. Monty
    4. German
    5. Garcia/Schmidt

They are playing with fire with regards to Kluber. They knew Tanaka would have been more than $11 million per so they went with Kluber instead. He is a bulldog no doubt and will give you his all and empty his tank on every start. But does he have the velo anymore? You knew what you were going to get with Tanaka.

I feel Hal is using 2021 as another damn reset so that is why they are going with 2 vets and 3 kids for the rotation, 2008 formula.

Not too confident with 2021folks. They will be competitive but Oct will be a failure once again.

Cashman is Billy Beane but with cash in his wallet.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

How about trading Torres, Urshela, Garcia, Schmidt to the Reds for Castillo and Eugenia Suarez.

Then sign Didi to play SS.
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

I don't really watch too many non-Yankees games so I haven't seen much of Castillo. Based on what I have read here and elsewhere, he appears to be the type of TORP arm we all have wanted to slot behind Cole. That said, if the rumors are true, we are giving up a metric ton for him and I hope he is worth it. Neither Snell nor Darvish cost anywhere near what we are giving up. Now, if the third team was the Brewers and they were kicking in Hader to the Yankees, now that would sweeten the deal. I know this isn't realistic, but I can always dream, right?

Also, I have to admit I would love to see us get Castillo just to see how Eeyore will complain about some way in which the trade was a bust and how we still aren't a playoff team.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    I don't really watch too many non-Yankees games so I haven't seen much of Castillo. Based on what I have read here and elsewhere, he appears to be the type of TORP arm we all have wanted to slot behind Cole. That said, if the rumors are true, we are giving up a metric ton for him and I hope he is worth it. Neither Snell nor Darvish cost anywhere near what we are giving up. Now, if the third team was the Brewers and they were kicking in Hader to the Yankees, now that would sweeten the deal. I know this isn't realistic, but I can always dream, right?

Also, I have to admit I would love to see us get Castillo just to see how Eeyore will complain about some way in which the trade was a bust and how we still aren't a playoff team.
    First bolded- I think it is too much to give up. I think Eagles had it right. Frazier, Garcia and Schmidt lead the package. Then fill ins.

Second bolded- And if the yankees don't make the trade, they are stupid and he hates them

Ignorance is bliss

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I really don’t see the Yankees trading for Castillo. A lot of trade ideas on this forum never come to fruition. You all have good reasons for the trade idea but the Yankees have their own plans.

Yanks are in a payroll bind. They have approximately $7 million left to spend to stay under $210 million. My gut says they are done with the rotation.

1. Cole
    2. Kluber
    3. Monty
    4. German
    5. Garcia/Schmidt.

Minutes

Apart.

How about trading Torres, Urshela, Garcia, Schmidt to the Reds for Castillo and Eugenia Suarez.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post

Minutes

Apart.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

That was tongue in cheek. 2 years ago you would have been correct, lol.
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

That was tongue in cheek. 2 years ago you would have been correct, lol.
    I, for one, have always loved and welcomed your posts. Keep it up, my friend.

How about we don't do that.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Seems like a real overpay. But, you have to do it. I'm hoping somehow Frazier stays.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    Seems like a real overpay. But, you have to do it. I'm hoping somehow Frazier stays.
    Offer German instead and trade Chapman, domestic abusers are not the Yankee ideal.