Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 207 of 255 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3823
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Are you certain a new CBA would RESET the clock? My understanding the CBA negotiates the threshold and penalty tiers. If that were the casr why wouldn't teams blow by the threshold in anticipation of a new CBA?

My understanding penalties are carried forward. The threshold always increases. Penalties/tiers tend to remain fairly stable.

Sportsrac has tax liability going forward until 2024, which I don't quite understand since there is no threshold basis beyond 2021 for the purpose of calcs. https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/tax/2024/
    Well no I'm not for sure certain.

I was just under the possible belief that if the cba ends this year, how is it possible that there is a luxury tax next year, when that was put into the current cba that ends after the 2021 season.

It's why I added in theory, and it's a reason I'm confused.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Well no I'm not for sure certain.

I was just under the possible belief that if the cba ends this year, how is it possible that there is a luxury tax next year, when that was put into the current cba that ends after the 2021 season.

It's why I added in theory, and it's a reason I'm confused.

You are not alone!
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Unless they completely eliminate the CBT (luxury tax) which is VERY unlikely, I don't anticipate NOT having some form of tax.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

You are not alone!
    add me to that list. I would absolutely love to know which one it is. Because if it resets after this yr, passing on Lindor/Carrasco because of 4m makes even less sense...

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    add me to that list. I would absolutely love to know which one it is. Because if it resets after this yr, passing on Lindor/Carrasco because of 4m makes even less sense...
    I am fairly sure penalties carry forward since they are assigned based on the previous seasons payroll and are progressive. The penalty increases with the frequency of offense, ie your penalty goes up for each consecutive season you surpass the threshold. Why would or should a new CBA forgive penalties accrued the previous season?

I am still searching for chapter and verse in the CBA. But it is boring and tedious legalese.

It was my understanding Yankees are holding the line at $210M for precisely the reason we are discussing, they want to reset. They know a new CBA is around the corner, if it auto reset why would they bother holding the line.....other than Hal being a tight wad, bean counting SOB.

I am fairly sure penalties carry forward since they are assigned based on the previous seasons payroll and are progressive. The penalty increases with the frequency of offense, ie your penalty goes up for each consecutive season you surpass the threshold. Why would or should a new CBA forgive penalties accrued the previous season?

I am still searching for chapter and verse in the CBA. But it is boring and tedious legalese.
    Got it but if the luxury tax goes up from 210, 230, 250 to 250, 275, 300 like they have been saying is expected why would a team continue getting penalized it they are under that 250 mark?

to be honest the only thing i've ever cared much about the luxury tax threshold just that it has prevented the Yanks from making alot of deal i would have liked to have seen them make, so my knowledge of the CBA is limited.... appreciate you trying to find out for us, i imagine that its unbelievably boring

I just hope they don't include a hard cap.

Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    I just hope they don't include a hard cap.
    MLBPA will never agree to any type cap. They want and deserve their piece of the ever growing revenue pie.

New York Yankees
    Phil Hughes
    @PJHughes45
    ·
    18h
    That Lemahieu contract is an absolute steal. Maybe more years than they wanted to give but DJ strikes me like a guy that will get better with age

I would consider Castillo the best pitcher on the trade market right now, and definitely a TORP but not a "true ace." He was 18th and 19th in the league in ERA in 2019 and 2020 respectively. He was 13th and 12th in strikeouts in 2019 and 2020 respectively. From an ERA perspective, there are 11 teams he would be an ace on. With his ability to strike guys out though, some might think there is more in the tank and perhaps a guy like Matt Blake could take him to the next level. Based on what is available, Castillo would be a hell of an addition to this rotation and would make them immediately top 3 in the league IMO. Cole, Castillo, Klubot, Severino, and either Montgomery or German at #5. That's one hell of a rotation.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

Damn the Yankees were really going at each other in this group chat https://t.co/YI0IQzxPSW

This is obviously fake but funny AF LOL

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Yankees may have to get creative under luxury tax crunch: Sherman

The collective bargaining agreement expires after this year. The Players Association almost certainly will not sign a new deal unless the tax system is eliminated or the thresholds boosted substantially. The union has not liked how what was supposed to be a deterrent to spending has turned into a de facto salary cap.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/16/yankee...ry-tax-crunch/

Adam King
    @TheKingSource

Luis Castillo to the @Yankees update: For the 1st time I am hearing there may be a 3rd team in the trade. Likely receiving Adam Ottavino. The #Yankees and @Reds working hard to get this done but it remains to be seen if it does get done!

8:56 PM · Jan 16, 2021·Twitter Web App

Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    Adam King
    @TheKingSource

Luis Castillo to the @Yankees update: For the 1st time I am hearing there may be a 3rd team in the trade. Likely receiving Adam Ottavino. The #Yankees and @Reds working hard to get this done but it remains to be seen if it does get done!

8:56 PM · Jan 16, 2021·Twitter Web App
    Dudes got a weird Twitter feed. Lol