Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 204 of 255 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3823
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    i was wrong about Torres he was estimated to get 3.5m, Gary got 6.35
    Overpay!

They both should be throwing Hal back some coins......

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Rotation looking like it has a **** ton of potential and some depth. Some what ifs but I like it so far.

Cole
    Sevy
    Kluber
    Deivi
    Monty
    German
    Clark

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I'm not against a Kluber signing at the money he's going to get, but I still don't think this rotation is solid enough to withstand a 162 game season and playoff run. We really need to add a guy like Castillo.

Rotation looking like it has a **** ton of potential and some depth. Some what ifs but I like it so far.

Cole
    Sevy
    Kluber
    Deivi
    Monty
    German
    Clark

kluber and sevy major question marks..you can say the same with deivi german etc etc etc..

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    kluber and sevy major question marks..you can say the same with deivi german etc etc etc..
    Hence my addition of a lot of potential and what ifs..

[emoji849]

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Yeah we need to probably add another SP and RP but feel pretty good about the team.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    Jorge, oops I mean Johnny, when will you be happy?

My father had an expression I think is apropos for the moment. "You cry poverty with a loaf of bread under each arm." Enjoy the moment.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

I have a feeling we will add a RP and that's it for the 2021 preseason.

another big reason the Yanks wanted Kluber is to help mentor our younger pitchers. During his time in Cleveland, Kluber was also lauded for showing the team's young pitchers what it took to be a professional with his diligent training regimen and meticulous preparation for every start.

Between Kluber and Cole our young pitchers certainly have some excellent mentors to learn from. Even if Kluber doesn't workout as well as we all hope, if his mentorship helps a young pitcher or 2 reach a higher level in their development this signing could pay dividends for a very long time

another big reason the Yanks wanted Kluber is to help mentor our younger pitchers. During his time in Cleveland, Kluber was also lauded for showing the team's young pitchers what it took to be a professional with his diligent training regimen and meticulous preparation for every start.

Between Kluber and Cole our young pitchers certainly have some excellent mentors to learn from. Even if Kluber doesn't workout as well as we all hope, if his mentorship helps a young pitcher or 2 reach a higher level in their development this signing could pay dividends for a very long time
    This was something I initially thought about as well. Agree.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Walker playing some mind games on Twitter.

Wouldn't mind him on a 1 year incentives deal.

I am interested in Kluber, but I didn't think he would get 11M. I am not sure whether it would have been better getting Tanaka back for about the same price. I guess time will tell.

I don't trust everything Heyman says. He gets things incorrect a lot. I'd like to see a official statement on the offer. The Yankees were also expected to sign Kluber because he was cheaper than the other pitchers. I read and heard that Kluber was willing to take $6 - $8 million or so with incentives, but that Paxton wants $12 million and Tanaka wants $18 million (good luck with that). Then, Kluber sign and an $11 million figure is released. I need it confirmed whether that's $8 million plus $3 million in incentives or a $3 million option on another $11 million, etc. All, I've seen now is that he's finalizing a deal worth over $10 million. It would be great if the base salary were less.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Walker playing some mind games on Twitter.

Wouldn't mind him on a 1 year incentives deal.

Now that would be an intriguing signing. That would potentially change the rotation from solid, to good.
    And if guys like Sevy and German pitched to form? It goes from good to, lights out.
    Imagine if all guys are healthy and pitching to skill level
    Cole
    Walker
    Sevy
    German (And damn, even if German isn't up to par, throw in Monty)
    Kluber

Ignorance is bliss

I would love to trade Gary and bring in JT.. Even if it is for prospects to use to get another starter.. Pipe dream. I know

With Cole and Kluber their if I’m a young pitcher on the Yankees I sit next to them every single day and study them and ask about a million questions because they are at where I want to be. I’m learning what it takes to be a 324MM pitcher if I’m one of the young guys.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg