Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 202 of 255 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3823
  1. #3016
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,857
    Day, seems now that DJ is done things may heat up. I completely agree with your above scenario. Lindor, Carrasco and Hand would have been a hellva off season.

    Kluber scares me a bit, more than Sevy.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  2. #3017
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,585
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Lindor, Carrasco and Hand, which would have been a hell of a winter could easily have been had if Hal would have been willing to go to 220 or so.

    DJ only getting 15m AAV has to scare the crap out of guys like Springer, Realmuto and Bauer. BTW has anyone heard anything about Realmuto market lately

    I just got a text from my source saying the Yanks have offered Kluber 1yr7m with another 5-7 in incentives. With Bowden reporting that the Yanks expect to sign a starter in the next 24-48 hrs makes sense. It also fit exactly with Klubers timeliness according to Rosenthal

    If we end up with Kluber the potential that rotation has is very high. At the same time we'll be heavily counting on 2 pitchers in Kluber and Sevy that haven't pitched in 2yrs and are coming off major injuries and German who missed all last yr. What could possibly go wrong
    I was just thinking that if DJ signs for this amount, what is Realmuto's market. Let's say the Yankees had $30 million to spend and spend half on DJ and trade Sanchez for Jon Gray and give Sanchez money to Kluber, getting two pitchers in the process. Then Realmuto can't get a contract and also agrees to $15 million per year with the Yankees. That would be an incredible development. Then, if I really want to play fantasy baseball, trade Luke Voit, Clint Frazier and Deivi Garcia for Castillo. Then have Andujar and Ford share 1B duties.

    Wait...somehow, I have to get Didi back in pinstripes, as well and offset the money. I know - trade Ottavino, as well.

  3. #3018
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    36
    Awesome bit of business on DJ. Plenty folks saying offer whatever and get it done. 90m and 15m aav is superb Imo. Kluber could be great business but I’ll miss Tanaka who I was hoping would sign once DJ done. Still think something may happen with Castillo we have a lot of pieces we can’t use so good timing maybe. As for Trading Voit no way unless for a bona fide ace. Cannot understand why folks always so keen to trade him. This year def right year to reset Luxury tax then next year once COVID sorted and revenue back on track go crazy. Keep safe all 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

  4. #3019
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    9,624
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I was just thinking that if DJ signs for this amount, what is Realmuto's market. Let's say the Yankees had $30 million to spend and spend half on DJ and trade Sanchez for Jon Gray and give Sanchez money to Kluber, getting two pitchers in the process. Then Realmuto can't get a contract and also agrees to $15 million per year with the Yankees. That would be an incredible development. Then, if I really want to play fantasy baseball, trade Luke Voit, Clint Frazier and Deivi Garcia for Castillo. Then have Andujar and Ford share 1B duties.

    Wait...somehow, I have to get Didi back in pinstripes, as well and offset the money. I know - trade Ottavino, as well.
    I've always been interested in Jon Gray since we drafted him in the 10th round back in 11. He has all the talent in the world, i think he would be a perfect change of scenery type trade.

    The Realmuto market has a chance to go very badly for him. No way is he going to get a bigger contract than Mauer got and that was his reported asking price. Who's left that is interested in him, the Phillies and Mets who were supposed to be his 2 biggest suitors are out on him. Is Toronto or possibly the CWS looking for a catcher? He might be better off taking a 1yr deal, betting on himself and that the market will be better next yr.

    I wonder if Cincy would take that package for Castillio? I'm just not sure that Voit makes sense for them since they still have Votto. I'd definitely do Frazier, Garcia plus though.

    That would be a talented rotation though Cole, Kluber, Castillio, Sevy and Gray

  5. #3020
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    9,624
    this is interesting
    BREAKING: The Rays are planning to open the 2021 season with a limited number of fans attending games at Tropicana Field. @RaysBaseball #Rays #RaysUp
    so atleast 1 team is planning on having some fans, will that force other teams to push to allow fans?

  6. #3021
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    this is interesting
    BREAKING: The Rays are planning to open the 2021 season with a limited number of fans attending games at Tropicana Field. @RaysBaseball #Rays #RaysUp
    so atleast 1 team is planning on having some fans, will that force other teams to push to allow fans?
    So, in other words, their normal crowd. The Rays crowd has been socially distancing since they came into the league. lol

  7. #3022
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,585
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    this is interesting
    BREAKING: The Rays are planning to open the 2021 season with a limited number of fans attending games at Tropicana Field. @RaysBaseball #Rays #RaysUp
    so atleast 1 team is planning on having some fans, will that force other teams to push to allow fans?
    What's even more interesting is that's the same number of fans that normally attend Rays games.

    Imagine if the Rays lead the majors in attendance.

  8. #3023
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,820
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    this is interesting
    BREAKING: The Rays are planning to open the 2021 season with a limited number of fans attending games at Tropicana Field. @RaysBaseball #Rays #RaysUp
    so atleast 1 team is planning on having some fans, will that force other teams to push to allow fans?
    Reality is, it's not up to the teams. In large part the decision will be made by the state the team plays in, could even come down to township and counties where the stadiums are also.

    I personally think that it would be a good thing to let every team have a certain capacity of their stadiums open. House holds can sit together of course but when between that, at least X amount of feet apart from other fans, masks at all times, etc.

    Whatever the scientific studies/health agencies suggest.



    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  9. #3024
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,820
    Aaron Judge and Yankees agree at $10.175 million

    He earned 8.5 million last year so he got a 1.675 million dollar raise.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  10. #3025
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,857
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    So, in other words, their normal crowd. The Rays crowd has been socially distancing since they came into the league. lol
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  11. #3026
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    9,624
    Olney is saying the Kluber market is getting really hot and could have a team by the end of the day. Yanks are the favorites to sign because of his connection to Cressey and Blake but its unknown how much the Yanks are willing to spend.

    This is a wierd one but Hoch is saying we are in serious discussion with Brantley. That would be amazing to get his LHed bat in our lineup but i would think signing him would take up most of the rest of their budget

    With all the talk linking us to OFers the last couple days you gotta wonder if Clint isn't going somewhere for pitching

  12. #3027
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,035
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    So, in other words, their normal crowd. The Rays crowd has been socially distancing since they came into the league. lol
    TMMl



    Ignorance is bliss

  13. #3028
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Olney is saying the Kluber market is getting really hot and could have a team by the end of the day. Yanks are the favorites to sign because of his connection to Cressey and Blake but its unknown how much the Yanks are willing to spend.

    This is a wierd one but Hoch is saying we are in serious discussion with Brantley. That would be amazing to get his LHed bat in our lineup but i would think signing him would take up most of the rest of their budget

    With all the talk linking us to OFers the last couple days you gotta wonder if Clint isn't going somewhere for pitching
    I like where this is going, Yankees are finally addressing their needs. Getting Brantley and LeMahieu adds 2 .300 bats. Some contact bats in between their sluggers for the postseason.

    I also think getting Allen is an underrated move especially for postseason. Our sluggers have no problem getting to first base, via the walk but have had trouble getting into scoring position. Allen can pinch run and steal some bases. I'd think he's a good late inning defensive substitution as well.

    Let's see what they do with pitching.

  14. #3029
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,797
    A one year flier on Kluber feels like a solid risk. But I have to feel like we need a more dependable arm to shore up the rotation. Still want Castillo...but that is unlikely to happen.

    Maybe we could still snag Tanaka for cheap?

    Still feel like the Yankees are treading water.
    We’re pointing out that these statistics breed false narratives, and we value the truth. This isn’t about replacing old numbers with new numbers, or attempting to dissuade anyone from enjoying the aesthetics of the game. It is simply about telling the average fan about the reality of what actually happened on the field. The “Holy Trinity” of baseball statistics fail at this most basic task, and so they are not worth deifying any longer. - Dave Cameron

  15. #3030
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,857
    Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    A one year flier on Kluber feels like a solid risk. But I have to feel like we need a more dependable arm to shore up the rotation. Still want Castillo...but that is unlikely to happen.

    Maybe we could still snag Tanaka for cheap?

    Still feel like the Yankees are treading water.
    I think he's attainable, but he won't be cheap. He can go home and rake in a ton.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •