Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 187 of 256 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 3833
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Although the It probably wonít happen , I would laugh so hard if they lose dj and have wade as their ss or 2b this season lol
    How is that funny Jorge? Most REAL fans might be a little pissed off.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/dj-le-mahie...010043569.html

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Unless the Blue Jays miss out on Springer, LeMahieu isn't getting that type of money. He should just go back to the Yankees because that's going to be his best offer.

There just aren't a lot of teams adding significant salary.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-11-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Unless the Blue Jays miss out on Springer, LeMahieu isn't getting that type of money. He should just go back to the Yankees because that's going to be his best offer.

There just isn't a lot of teams adding significant salary.
    Exactly. In fact it's a buying opportunity. Many teams are shedding payroll.

I still believe Yankees will match any offer DJ brings to them, the snafu he hasn't received one to his liking. Yanks are sitting back and waiting. They may get burned if they are too passive.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    I see 68 innings in 12 starts. 5.5 innings a start is not a TORP to me. Its a 3. And my guess is that he would tire over the course of a season and the ERA would increase and innings per start only decrease.
    It was 5.6 innings a start and Cole pitched just 5 more innings with almost the same era and he is their ace . And he averaged 6 innings a start. Very similar numbers to what carrasco put up .

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    How is that funny Jorge? Most REAL fans might be a little pissed off.
    there comes a time where all one can do is laugh at the front office after being angry for so long .

6. 01-11-2021, 10:33 AM

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Exactly. In fact it's a buying opportunity. Many teams are shedding payroll.

I still believe Yankees will match any offer DJ brings to them, the snafu he hasn't received one to his liking. Yanks are sitting back and waiting. They may get burned if they are too passive.
    Thing is itís the years he is looking for not the big money . He is asking for about 22 mill a year . I believe he is asking for 110 mill . And now that lindor is not an option anymore , like it or not dj has gained some leverage . I think teams might wait to see if the mets work out an extension with lindor before offering anything substantial to dj .
    Last edited by Posada20; 01-11-2021 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Where did I say that?

You said they should offer up Stanton. What Would be the point of doing that?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Thing is itís the years he is looking for not the big money . He is asking for about 22 mill a year . I believe he is asking for 110 mill . And now that lindor is not an option anymore , like it or not dj has gained some leverage . I think teams might wait to see if the mets work out an extension with lindor before offering anything substantial to dj .
    If the Yankees gave him 4 years 100 million he would take it. They're not willing to go there. Understandable when there are no other teams willing to go there either. I still think the Blue Jays are your biggest threat. If they sign Springer, then LeMahieu probably has to circle back to the Yankee's original offer.

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    You said they should offer up Stanton. What Would be the point of doing that?
    I said they are paying tatis. They already paid manny. They traded for snell and Darvish. Clearly they arenít afraid of adding payroll. So letís offer them Stanton. Didnít say trade tatis for him.

If the Yankees gave him 4 years 100 million he would take it. They're not willing to go there. Understandable when there are no other teams willing to go there either. I still think the Blue Jays are your biggest threat. If they sign Springer, then LeMahieu probably has to circle back to the Yankee's original offer.
    Springer is an outfielder , how does that impact what dj gets ?
    But if it does impact djís scenario it likely gives him more leverage if anything since he would likely be the best bat available after that . Especially if springer gets a similar deal to what dj is asking for. Donít forget he just told his agent to start discussions with several teams and one of them is the jays . And who says another team wonít offer dj 100 mill over 4 years too?
    Last edited by Posada20; 01-11-2021 at 11:02 AM.

Springer is an outfielder , how does that impact what dj gets ?
    But if it does impact djís scenario it likely gives him more leverage if anything since he would likely be the best bat available after that . Especially if springer gets a similar deal to what dj is asking for. Donít forget he just told his agent to start discussions with several teams and one of them is the jays .
    Because Springer is Toronto's biggest target. If he gets 5 years 150+million from them, they will be out of the running for DJ. If Springer signs elsewhere, LeMahieu presumably becomes the Blue Jay's top target.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-11-2021 at 11:08 AM.

Because Springer is the Blue Jays main target. If he gets 5 years 150+million, the Blue Jays will be out of the running for DJ. If Springer signs elsewhere, LeMahieu presumably becomes the Blue Jay's top target.
    But the blue jays arenít the only team very interested in dj . And if springer gets 150 million wonít that make djís demand of 110 mill over 5 years more reasonable ?

there comes a time where all one can do is laugh at the front office after being angry for so long .
    The question is why are you angry? I mean, I was as disappointed that the Mets got Lindor and Carrasco, but why angry? If the Yankees do nothing and I mean absolutely nothing, we will still enjoy an exciting season with a mix of veterans and kids who are capable of giving us a 2017 season. As is, we may not be the favorite to win the WS, but again it will be entertaining and isn't that what we most want from our leisure?

Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    The question is why are you angry? I mean, I was as disappointed that the Mets got Lindor and Carrasco, but why angry? If the Yankees do nothing and I mean absolutely nothing, we will still enjoy an exciting season with a mix of veterans and kids who are capable of giving us a 2017 season. As is, we may not be the favorite to win the WS, but again it will be entertaining and isn't that what we most want from our leisure?
    What is entertaining about watching a team likely struggle to win 90 games ? What is entertaining about knowing your cross town rivals will likely be more exciting to watch ? And what is so entertaining about watching a team knowing they likely have no shot at winning a ws ? The better question is how can one call them self a real yankee fan and NOT be angry at the garbage the front office has pulled over the last 4 seasons ?! I mean itís been the same narrative with this team for atleast 5 years now , and that it is the Yankees constant need of starting pitching .
    Last edited by Posada20; 01-11-2021 at 11:14 AM.

But the blue jays arenít the only team very interested in dj . And if springer gets 150 million wonít that make djís demand of 110 mill over 5 years more reasonable ?
    No one is interested in LeMahieu at the price he is looking for. The Blue Jays and Yankees are the teams that most likely can get closest to that number. If the Jays sign Springer, they aren't signing LeMahieu too. The market is very limited.