Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 179 of 256 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 3833
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Hal is not gonna do anything to directly respond to this . And I just don’t see how the Yankees are still better than the mets right now , even with dj . The mets gave the yanks problems last season and now got much better while the yanks haven’t .

How is spliting a 6 game series considered as giving them a hard time? LOL The Mets did sweep a DH but so did the Yanks.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    You NEVER claimed you don't or can't gamble. In fact you said you had to wait to see how the rosters stacked up.
    By "personal beliefs", I'll bet he means his wife will beat the crap out of him if he loses any more of his allowance betting on games from 2014

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Lindor should have been a Yankee.
    George is rolling and screaming in his grave

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    We can only hope. Hal is not cut from the same cloth as George, his competitive., winning is everything persona may have skipped a generation.

I do agree Cohen was the best thing that could have happened for the Mets. His deep pockets and business savvy is refreshing change celebrated by all Met fans. I don't imagine too many tears were shed as the Wilpons made their exit.
    So far all the moves they have made have been really good. Cohen is just trying to win the winter, he's setting them up better for the future. I think they were smart to have passed on Bauer and Realmuto Someone should be going to jail for larceney for the deal the pulled of yesterday. It also sounds like they are the favorites for Springer as well

that deal yesterday not only got them the best SS in baseball it also puts them in the conversation for the best rotation in baseball Is DeGrom/ Thor/Carrasco/ Stroman/ Matz? is that as good or better than SD or LAD

So far Cohen is making all the smart moves on paper, let's see if they can avoid "Mets" en up on the field .

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I said in another post that Hal could be his mother's son and not his father's. It appears that is the case.
    He is running the team safely and as a commodity, not as the Yankees Evil Empire.
    He absolutely doesn't care as much about winning as his dad did, thats for sure. Even if they lost money last yr, George would be exploiting the hell out of that situation. When George saw a chance to get a great player or just improve the team he took it. Did always workout great but more often than not it worked out.

You can talk all you want about the Yankees farm system but I don’t get excited about a prospect until after he is in the majors . And I am talking about which is the better team right now , and right now that is the mets . You can dream about the how great the yanks prospects COULD be in 2 or 3 years but I am talking about right now and this season .

I also don’t have the faith in hal to do anything substantial after this . I mean what did he do after seeing his team owned by the Astros in 15 while seeing the mets win a pennant and go to the World Series ? Look what happened to the Yankees in 16 .....

You're very misguided but we all know that. You seem to think the team with best roster is the better team. I hate to bust your little bubble but that's not how it works.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

According to some here we should be looking forward to this season and be all excited over them because of their potential

So we shouldn't be excited about watching our favorite team play. We all should be just as miserable as you are. Sorry but I'm going to be excited.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Day, George hated losing. He wasn't always right, in fact it wasn't until he let Stick take over did they Yankees get on track for longer term success, but he had balls and wasn't afraid to go after what he believed was the best available talent.

Adding a healthy Thor and Corrasco with Stroman and Matz on the back end makes for a very good rotation. Mets have always managed to develop / find good pitching, it's the rest of the game they struggle with.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

So we shouldn't be excited about watching our favorite team play. We all should be just as miserable as you are. Sorry but I'm going to be excited.
    There is a distinct difference between critical analysis, reasoned criticism and pissing on everyones cornflakes daily.

Misery enjoys company.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Hal certainly is not his father that’s for sure . They can sign the best short stop in all of baseball next off season , it won’t change the fact that the rotation will still be the Yankees’ Achilles heel and that Britton and Chapman will be a year older .
    Last edited by Posada20; 01-08-2021 at 11:33 AM.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Officially? How so?
    He was making fun of other posters with this post.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

been 11 years since the yanks won a title 1 title in 20 years.. are the yanks as constructed now a championship team the answer is no...

the mets have more reason to be excited then the yanks..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    been 11 years since the yanks won a title 1 title in 20 years.. are the yanks as constructed now a championship team the answer is no...
    That is an understatement . If the AL as a whole wasn’t so mediocre I wouldn’t be convinced that this team as constructed is even a .500 team .
    Last edited by Posada20; 01-08-2021 at 02:04 PM.

That nl east division is going to be interesting to watch this season . Braves are still very good too .

I'll bet you have a great love life and are thought of as a romantic

Ignorance is bliss