Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 160 of 256 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3833
  1. #2386
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    4,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Castillo is realistic if cashman would get off his butt And stop with the man crushes on unproven prospects. And Bauer could be realistic if cashman would simply let dj walk .

    I wouldn't call letting the AL batting leader just walk is a simple thing.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  2. #2387
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    1. Young win-now team
    2. Escapes NY media
    3. Gets him back to playing RF
    4. Warm weather
    5. Close to his home in LA.

    He bites. The question is whether SD can spend anymore money and how much?
    Did your sources tell you that?



    Ignorance is bliss

  3. #2388
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    So you don't see Bauer and Castillo as realistic, and you don't see many options out there, what do you expect them to do?
    Well, I really think that they are going to punt in 2021 and roll with the kids.

    1. Cole
    2. Monty
    3. German
    4. Deivi
    5. Loggy

    Perhaps Tanaka comes back if he fits in under the cap. But, I doubt it.

    We just have to be patient and hope Sevy is healthy for 2022 and guys like Schmidt, Medina and Gil make big jumps in the minors.

    Then when fans get back in the seats in 2022, they pay big for Lindor.

  4. 12-30-2020, 10:41 PM
    Reason
    trolling

  5. #2389
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    Well, I really think that they are going to punt in 2021 and roll with the kids.

    1. Cole
    2. Monty
    3. German
    4. Deivi
    5. Loggy

    Perhaps Tanaka comes back if he fits in under the cap. But, I doubt it.

    We just have to be patient and hope Sevy is healthy for 2022 and guys like Schmidt, Medina and Gil make big jumps in the minors.

    Then when fans get back in the seats in 2022, they pay big for Lindor.
    It seems with the exception of last off season , all they keep doing is punting season after season just to focus on the future . It’s getting old fast imo

  6. #2390
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,823
    So basically your sauces are wrong


    A
    G
    A
    I
    N

    Nice of you to create a second account because you're a lying sack of crap and couldn't handle using your old account.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by drt1010; 12-31-2020 at 09:13 AM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  7. #2391
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I have been wanting them to do a rebuild since after the 2018 season . If now is not the right time then they never will .
    So for you it is either win the WS or rebuild? I believe Hal will spend the most of the remaining money under the LT while leaving a bit for mid-season acquisitions. What happens if we get DJ, and then at the deadline grab a rental #2 or #3 and a high leverage bullpen arm? Will you still wish we went into rebuild? I think my scenario is incredibly likely. I think the team is built to compete and will we a team no one wants to face come playoff time. Sure, I wish Hal would re-sign DJ and sign Bauer and sign one or two high leverage bullpen arms, but it isn't my money. I think we are plenty competitive (not to mention entertaining), and I wouldn't bet against us come playoff time.

  8. #2392
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    You say there's no reason they shouldn't have signed Darvish. There may not be a reason to you, but obviously there's a reason to them. That reason is unknown to us, but there is a reason.
    I wish we had grabbed Darvish if for no other reason that he throws like 12 different pitches and that would have been entertaining to see every five days.

  9. #2393
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5,158
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    So for you it is either win the WS or rebuild? I believe Hal will spend the most of the remaining money under the LT while leaving a bit for mid-season acquisitions. What happens if we get DJ, and then at the deadline grab a rental #2 or #3 and a high leverage bullpen arm? Will you still wish we went into rebuild? I think my scenario is incredibly likely. I think the team is built to compete and will we a team no one wants to face come playoff time. Sure, I wish Hal would re-sign DJ and sign Bauer and sign one or two high leverage bullpen arms, but it isn't my money. I think we are plenty competitive (not to mention entertaining), and I wouldn't bet against us come playoff time.
    If your scenario was likely it would have happened over the last 3 seasons but cashman stood pat the last three deadlines in regards to the needs of the starting rotation . I have no reason to believe he will do anything at the deadline that truly helps the starting rotation other than bringing up Medina . Remember sevy will be coming back at that time or right before it . Remember he did nothing at the deadline in 18 when gray was pitching badly , then in 19 he did nothing again at the deadline when sevy was down with injuries , then this past season he stood pat yet again when he did nothing to replace sevy after he went down with TJ surgery .

    And btw you are really overestimating this team if you think they are very competitive with the starting rotation as it is and the bullpen only having two guys who can be depended on , on a regular basis

  10. #2394
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,043
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    So basically your sauces are wrong


    A
    G
    A
    I
    N

    Nice of you to create a second account because you're a lying sack of crap and couldn't handle using your old account.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    It's funny he doesn't even deny it.

    Question, who is "Loggy"? My sources tell me it must be a typo.

    My sources also tell me that his "sources" are him setting up a barbie tea set and sitting various male and female dolls and action figures around the table and having them talk baseball. Once in a while, Ken or GI Joe make a decent comment but before he can write it, Barbie, American Girl Joss, Polly Prissy Pants and Fresh Doll Lynette, start babbling about other stuff. He gets so swept away by their tales and dramatic renditions of, "who's wearing what and who talked to who and oh no she didn't" that he forgets it's just gossip and confuses what is real and what is not.
    Sadly, that's how he get his info.

    Also, my sources tell me he sat on the Barbie dream wagon and it has yet to reappear.


    But really, in his post, who is Loggy?
    I figured Sevy would be in the rotation but maybe Loggy is better



    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #2395
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It's funny he doesn't even deny it.

    Question, who is "Loggy"? My sources tell me it must be a typo.

    My sources also tell me that his "sources" are him setting up a barbie tea set and sitting various male and female dolls and action figures around the table and having them talk baseball. Once in a while, Ken or GI Joe make a decent comment but before he can write it, Barbie, American Girl Joss, Polly Prissy Pants and Fresh Doll Lynette, start babbling about other stuff. He gets so swept away by their tales and dramatic renditions of, "who's wearing what and who talked to who and oh no she didn't" that he forgets it's just gossip and confuses what is real and what is not.
    Sadly, that's how he get his info.

    Also, my sources tell me he sat on the Barbie dream wagon and it has yet to reappear.


    But really, in his post, who is Loggy?

    I figured Sevy would be in the rotation but maybe Loggy is better
    Left handed specialist out of the pen? Long man out of the pen? Kenny Loggins sans Messina? The fat toad as he waddles in from pen?
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  12. #2396
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,863
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    So for you it is either win the WS or rebuild? I believe Hal will spend the most of the remaining money under the LT while leaving a bit for mid-season acquisitions. What happens if we get DJ, and then at the deadline grab a rental #2 or #3 and a high leverage bullpen arm? Will you still wish we went into rebuild? I think my scenario is incredibly likely. I think the team is built to compete and will we a team no one wants to face come playoff time. Sure, I wish Hal would re-sign DJ and sign Bauer and sign one or two high leverage bullpen arms, but it isn't my money. I think we are plenty competitive (not to mention entertaining), and I wouldn't bet against us come playoff time.
    Makes sense to me.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  13. #2397
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,043
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Left handed specialist out of the pen? Long man out of the pen? Kenny Loggins sans Messina? The fat toad as he waddles in from pen?
    I forgot about him!
    Good point about the bolded. Maybe it was a typo for logy?



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #2398
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,863
    NJ.com | Randy Miller: Trevor Bauer’s market apparently isn’t progressing very well for the top pitcher available. Teams haven’t been very interested in whatever asking price Bauer and his agent have set, and the Yankees are reportedly one of the teams that isn’t in at the moment. Bauer is looking to cash in on a year where his spin rates drastically jumped up and his production followed, but it seems that front offices aren’t biting on him for top-tier money.

    https://www.pinstripealley.com/2020/...-sox-defection
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  15. #2399
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5,158
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    NJ.com | Randy Miller: Trevor Bauer’s market apparently isn’t progressing very well for the top pitcher available. Teams haven’t been very interested in whatever asking price Bauer and his agent have set, and the Yankees are reportedly one of the teams that isn’t in at the moment. Bauer is looking to cash in on a year where his spin rates drastically jumped up and his production followed, but it seems that front offices aren’t biting on him for top-tier money.

    https://www.pinstripealley.com/2020/...-sox-defection
    No surprise there . It’s the same reason why dj hasn’t been signed yet . I said weeks ago that Bauer would get 25 mill or so tops .

  16. #2400
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,863
    Jorge, I don't think it's a commentary on Bauer or DJ's ability, marketability or value, it's more a function of the current financial climate many teams find themselves in, too much uncertainty. Aside from SD seems most are sitting on their hands and waiting.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •