Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 159 of 256 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3833
  1. #2371
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,829
    Interested teams suggest Trevor Bauer seeks a 5- or 6-year deal for $36M to $40M (about $200M). Bauer is coming off a brilliant Cy Young season but the star market is slow. The record AAV is $36M by Bauerís UCLA teammate Gerrit Cole. Agent Rachel Luba declines comment on talks.
    - Heyman







    **** no. He ain't worth more than Cole per year.

    If reports are true.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 12-30-2020 at 12:00 AM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  2. #2372
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    39,628
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    - Heyman







    **** no. He ain't worth more than Cole per year.

    If reports are true.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    The Angels will be dumb enough to give him that money. Just add on another huge contract that makes them a .500 team or worse.

  3. #2373
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    9,632
    He isn't worth anything close to that...

  4. #2374
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    Not realistic for the reasons you mentioned. In addition, the Reds are not forced to trade Castillo this year. He's ARB 1. They need to be wowed with cheap controllable assets.

    Cashman made the same mistakes as the Cubs with young talent. Held them too long. Guys like Andujar, Frazier (and I love both of them), Torres (not saying I would move him) just don't have value to a team like the Reds at this point that wanna cut costs and rebuild.

    I agree with your statement earlier. Its time to sell and collect assets for guys like Judge if we aren't going all in. No way to really be a serious playoff threat with starting pitching.
    I have been wanting them to do a rebuild since after the 2018 season . If now is not the right time then they never will .

  5. #2375
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,046
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    - Heyman







    **** no. He ain't worth more than Cole per year.

    If reports are true.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    If he thinks he will ge that, he's a bit cray-cray. If a team sings him for that, they are so stoopid
    My guess is he gets around 5 for 160



    Ignorance is bliss

  6. #2376
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Angels will be dumb enough to give him that money. Just add on another huge contract that makes them a .500 team or worse.
    It might be an overpay, but he does make the Angels a playoff contending team in combination with the other moves they did this offseason. Bauer, Ohtani, Bundy definitely gives them a better 1-3 than us right now.

  7. #2377
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    It might be an overpay, but he does make the Angels a playoff contending team in combination with the other moves they did this offseason. Bauer, Ohtani, Bundy definitely gives them a better 1-3 than us right now.
    Certainly makes them a playoff contender thatís for sure .

  8. #2378
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    It might be an overpay, but he does make the Angels a playoff contending team in combination with the other moves they did this offseason. Bauer, Ohtani, Bundy definitely gives them a better 1-3 than us right now.
    I would think any team with Trout and Rendon should be considered contenders. Add the sorely needed rotation help and the odds just get better.

    It's sad in a way, Trout arguably the best player in the game, has toiled in futility. Imo ( I admit my bias I watched him as a HS player) his talent has been wasted a bit playing out West for an under performing club.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin




  9. #2379
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yanksguy , if you are responding to my posts . You are only talking to yourself . I have had you blocked for months now so I have no idea what you are saying .

    If you have me blocked {and I couldn't care less) how would you know I'm responding to your posts? I know you love to block posters that prove you wrong time and time again, but you don't have to advertise it.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  10. #2380
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    How competitive can a team be with Cole and 4 unknowns as their starting rotation ? How competitive can you expect them to be if they lose both Tanaka and Paxton and then get the injuries everyone expects them to get ? Were the Yankees this past season very competitive with Paxton and Tanaka? I mean they finished just one game ahead of the jays , a team no one expected to make the playoffs but did so . Do I think the Yankees will make the playoffs next season ? Yes but not because of how competitive you think they are , but because with expanded playoffs it takes less than 85 wins to make the playoffs . In other words the Yankees will go and beat the crap out of the bad to very bad teams and then crap the bed in the playoffs like they always do these days .

    So in your book of nonsense, winning 103 games isn't considered competitive? SERIOUSLY?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  11. #2381
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    They won 103 games because they beat the crap out of bad and mediocre teams . Did you forget that it was verlander that beat the yanks twice in that series ? Sign stealing didnít make verlander better , he owned the Yankees since he was with Detroit . And that team is not the same team they have now . They donít have sevy yet and wonít until the summer . And may lose both Paxton and Tanaka , you keep forgetting that . And I was talking about how competitive they are right now not how good they were 3 years ago . This team is older and is on the verge of losing talent without replacing them . You are forgetting that in the 3 years since , their starting catcher has led the league in passed balls , has gone from hitting .270 and a bunch of hrs to a shell of his former self . Their face of the franchise hasnít had a healthy season since then , their ďaceĒ back then has since had TJ surgery and hasnít pitched in 2 years due to other injuries too . This is not the ďsameĒ team from three years ago . It is a less hungry, not as talented much more injured and older version of that team .

    That team 3 years ago was a young, healthy and hungry team . Thatís not the the same team we have now .

    Verlander as a Tiger was 8 - 7 against the Yankees. I wouldn't call that OWING them. I prove you wrong again which is why you have me blocked, LOL
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  12. #2382
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Darvish was clearly the best SP available behind Snell and Bauer. No reason why the Yankees shouldn't have went for him. His average velocity was the highest in his career last season and the results showed. 3 years/60 million and the prospects the Padres gave up was an extremely reasonable return, especially given the fact that the Yankees don't have a reliable SP arm after Cole. Its likely one of Paxton, Happ or Tanaka come back but both NY teams missed out on SP help they needed.

    You say there's no reason they shouldn't have signed Darvish. There may not be a reason to you, but obviously there's a reason to them. That reason is unknown to us, but there is a reason.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  13. #2383
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Can you really deny that right now the mets have a better starting rotation then the Yankees?

    Which means WHAT?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  14. #2384
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    1. Young win-now team
    2. Escapes NY media
    3. Gets him back to playing RF
    4. Warm weather
    5. Close to his home in LA.

    He bites. The question is whether SD can spend anymore money and how much?

    Okay, give me a call when Stanton is a Padre. Thanks....
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  15. #2385
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    We all know the offense is sufficient, if healthy (which we know is not possible). I'd prefer some lefties and more bat to ball hitters, but it works.

    Bullpen needs some additions, but its out there for anyone willing to spend.

    But, I really don't see many options out there that solve the problem that is the starting rotation. Again, I don't view Bauer and Castillo as realistic. Anyone have any ideas?

    So you don't see Bauer and Castillo as realistic, and you don't see many options out there, what do you expect them to do?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •