Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 91 of 222 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3325
    This is for ppl who thought Morton wouldn't sign anywhere but the Rays, 3 years ago Players will go wherever the money is.

This offseason is going to be a dud. Looking to me like best case scenario this offseason is an overpay for DJ and Tanaka, like many of us expected.

We fell into the same trap that the Cubs did holding on to prospects too long and not utilizing them to improve the team when they were blocked.

This season is going to be another disappointment. I really wish we would either remember we are the NY Yankees or just tear it down.

I can't help but dream about all the high end prospects we could get by moving Judge, Hicks, Voit, Chappy, Britton, etc. and cutting payroll to nothing outside of Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    That would be horrid.
    Him, Stanton, Judge and Sanchez in the same lineup.. We'd win the K title for sure. That would be borderline unwatchable

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Reds open to trading Sonny Gray.

I'll call cash.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    What really sucks is this version of Gray would be an absolute perfect #2 behind Cole.I just hope Cashman doesn't pull a Pavano and have it explode again.

I wish the Reds would be open to trading Castillio. If i were spending big prospect capital to get a starting pitcher he'd be the one i do that for. He's got Sevy like stuff but actually stays healthy

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    What really sucks is this version of Gray would be an absolute perfect #2 behind Cole.I just hope Cashman doesn't pull a Pavano and have it explode again.

I wish the Reds would be open to trading Castillio. If i were spending big prospect capital to get a starting pitcher he'd be the one i do that for. He's got Sevy like stuff but actually stays healthy
    Cole-Gray. Sounds like the main character from a western romance novel

Ignorance is bliss

New York Yankees
    Sweeny Murti
    @YankeesWFAN
    ·
    1h
    I’m not anticipating a quick resolution to LeMahieu’s free agency. Multiple teams are interested. Thinking this could take few weeks to see who is going to go the extra year or extra dollars.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    New York Yankees
    Sweeny Murti
    @YankeesWFAN
    ·
    1h
    I’m not anticipating a quick resolution to LeMahieu’s free agency. Multiple teams are interested. Thinking this could take few weeks to see who is going to go the extra year or extra dollars.
    what will the yanks starting rotation be next year cole and a lot of what if's great way to compete in the al...

Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    This offseason is going to be a dud. Looking to me like best case scenario this offseason is an overpay for DJ and Tanaka, like many of us expected.

We fell into the same trap that the Cubs did holding on to prospects too long and not utilizing them to improve the team when they were blocked.

This season is going to be another disappointment. I really wish we would either remember we are the NY Yankees or just tear it down.

I can't help but dream about all the high end prospects we could get by moving Judge, Hicks, Voit, Chappy, Britton, etc. and cutting payroll to nothing outside of Cole.
    You don't sign a guy like Cole only to do a complete rebuild one year later.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    That's why I said dream, brother. But, anything is possible. Usually you don't impose and unrealistic salary cap after signing a guy like Cole either.

10. 11-25-2020, 08:19 PM

DJ will likely end up a bluejay, the ownership has tons of money and they want a championship team this year or next.

But when they signed Cole they didn't know home attendance would go from 3 mill+ to zero!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    But when they signed Cole they didn't know home attendance would go from 3 mill+ to zero!
    This is the Yankees we're talking about. They ain't rebuilding due to the pandemic.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    This is the Yankees we're talking about. They ain't rebuilding due to the pandemic.
    They bought back YES, correct?
    I am guessing that generated some decent income for them. Not the same as home games but a nice chance of change.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    They bought back YES, correct?
    I am guessing that generated some decent income for them. Not the same as home games but a nice chance of change.
    Also massive debt! Hal alluded to it last year as a factor in his "belt tightening". The deal was estimated at 3.5 B! Yes that is B as in billion. I imagine most of it taken on as debt.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Domingo German impresses again in long road back to Yankees
    By Justin Terranova November 26, 2020 | 8:00am

The right-hander made his second straight impressive start in the Dominican Winter League for Toros del Este, allowing one run and three hits over five innings in a 3-2 win over Leones del Escogido. The 28-year-old threw four no-hit innings in his Dominican League debut last week while striking out seven.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/26/doming...ium=SocialFlow