Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 252 of 256 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 3834
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I'm going to be on the fence on the German issue.

Brian Cashman and the Yankees organization said that they were going to ensure that German has truly changed his behavior and is committed to it going forward, before they allowed him to pitch for the organization and that they were going to monitor him to ensure it happens. Well, evidently it did happen, because he seemed to turn a corner and they allowed him to pitch in winter ball and they continued to monitor him and now he is in fact pitching for the team with an equal chance of making the roster.

While it is Britton's prerogative to give an opinion and he did not say anything wrong, he also could have said that his focus is the work he has to do on the field to get ready for the season and anything concerning another player should be discussed with that player and the Yankees organization. That's probably how Derek Jeter would have handled it.
    i think they're more worried about his tweet than they are about any future domestic abuse cases. Either way if he has an identical season or better than his rookie year trade him immediately. I would find it incredibly hard to believe we couldn't get a huge haul for him.

Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    Unless German is continuing to engage in domestic violence, I think we should accept that he served his time and it's time to put the past in the past and let him concentrate on baseball.
    If he canít concentrate on baseball he only has himself to blame . Either way for this season he and the Yankees will be scrutinized by the media

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Unless German is continuing to engage in domestic violence, I think we should accept that he served his time and it's time to put the past in the past and let him concentrate on baseball.
    100%
    My concern is not with that issue. He was disciplined for the situation and it was severe. My issue is his brain.

I throw this out to Doc as well, based on his behavior via social media, I have to wonder if he's bipolar and untreated. He makes these dramatic posts that reek of doom and then a couple days later, retracts and says, all is sunny.
    If he gets his head on straight, I think his basement is a solid mid rotation guy.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

I really like this quote

"German has emerged as a legitimate Cy Young Award contender in the American League."

Hopefully he gets his brain into shape and returns to this form

Ignorance is bliss

Has Garcia, King or Schmidt ever gone 18-4 ? Has any of them led the league in Win% at .818? Has any of them recorded 153K's in 143 IP? How bout a K/BB ratio of 3.92? A 122 career WHIP? How about a career ERA+ of 97? I think you get the pic!
    Not sure but I am fairly certain he was shredding Garcia as a bust after the Tampa game. Now he's singing his praises.

Ignorance is bliss

Agree. Makes one wonder why Britton, the player rep, would make such a public statement. He must realize his words have consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    100%
    My concern is not with that issue. He was disciplined for the situation and it was severe. My issue is his brain.

I throw this out to Doc as well, based on his behavior via social media, I have to wonder if he's bipolar and untreated. He makes these dramatic posts that reek of doom and then a couple days later, retracts and says, all is sunny.
    If he gets his head on straight, I think his basement is a solid mid rotation guy.
    He has had irrational moments, your concern is legit.

If you watch German on the mound, you'd never believe he has any outside issues. Perhaps, it is on the mound that he finds his inner sanctum. Plus, as his floor, he could be a great long man. On the mound, his calmnest reminds me of Ramiro Mendoza, who was an integral part of Yankees Championships in the distant past. Ramiro was the long man and he could hold the opposition to no runs or one run for multiple innings, while the Yankees bats came back, often picking up the middle innings wins.

He has had irrational moments, your concern is legit.
    It's obviously a minute sample size and he could be fairly normal kid but those moments remind me of people I know who have some serous issues.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It's obviously a minute sample size and he could be fairly normal kid but those moments remind me of people I know who have some serous issues.
    At the very least I question his impulse control.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    And some here thought Bauer would have been unpopular with his fellow players and a distraction in the clubhouse . I said it months ago and I will say it again , the Yankees should have traded German after his suspension was up , even if they could only get a bag of baseballs tor him

I guess they don't want to listen to you any more than we do.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Very hard to replace him ? I can think of three guys on the roster right now who are capable of replacing him and a couple more in the minors who can be ready to by the deadline . I would have no problem with any of those guys taking his spot if it mean the headache was gone

Sometimes a headache can be hard to get rid of. Get my drift?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    If you watch German on the mound, you'd never believe he has any outside issues. Perhaps, it is on the mound that he finds his inner sanctum.
    That's what Michael Jordan always said. He was most at peace during the game when he could put everything else out of his mind.