Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 235 of 256 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 3834
    Baun obviously isn't worth $85M the next 2 years. The Dodgers know that too but by overpaying for those 2 years they landed him without the long term commitment. If they were giving him a 5 or 6 year deal it would have been in line with he numbers you guys are throwing out. But paying him $42.5M vs. $28M the next two years was worth not being committed to paying $28M for the next 3 years after that too. Those would be the riskier years to have him signed so they avoided that by overpaying to keep the years down. And that works int heir budget because of the cheap talent they have and the willingness of their ownership group to spend.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Baun obviously isn't worth $85M the next 2 years. The Dodgers know that too but by overpaying for those 2 years they landed him without the long term commitment. If they were giving him a 5 or 6 year deal it would have been in line with he numbers you guys are throwing out. But paying him $42.5M vs. $28M the next two years was worth not being committed to paying $28M for the next 3 years after that too. Those would be the riskier years to have him signed so they avoided that by overpaying to keep the years down. And that works int heir budget because of the cheap talent they have and the willingness of their ownership group to spend.
    Point taken. But he can opt out after year 1 and 2, so in essence take the money and run. That part of the deal escapes me, why LA would not at least try to get 3 full seasons return on their money. I realize there is the other side of the coin, if he implodes they are rid of him sooner rather than later. Imo massive over pay. BUT give them credit for a bold move designed to insure another WS bid.

Fun question: Cashman said the Yankees would have the highest payroll. Let's pretend that were true and the Yankees would exceed the Dodgers payroll by one dollar. How would you want to spend that money (free agents, trades that include taking on salary, etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Yeah, I sure wish we had 1 championship in the last 32 years. LOL

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Sign Lindor
    Sign Realmuto
    Trade Andujar, Gio or Voit plus specs for Castillo
    Trade for hader

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Sign Lindor
    Sign Realmuto
    Trade Andujar, Gio or Voit plus specs for Castillo
    Trade for hader
    I should have been more clear. What would you do now to spend the available money.

Evil, I chuckled when I read that he had signed there. I agree. I think his implosion will be a humorous one and leave the Dodgers with their proverbial, peckers in the wind.

I think this will end up being an absurd overpay.
    I will admit, normally I don't like wishing ill on others.. bad Karma... but LA Dodgers and the Red Sox are fair game... The Sox for obvious reasons...

But the way the Dodgers and the Giants treated the NY fanbase back in the 1950's means they don't deserve anymore love than they gave my mother and other fans back in NY...

So nothing would please me more than to see Bauer get back to being the guy he was in Cleveland... Good.. but not great!

Of course pitching against teams that actually hit the baseball might do that without my ill will.

Luis Medina is throwing gas folks. He will make us forget about Sevy.

Dude is 21 and hasnít been above A ball but the twitter is going off on his poise snd command. And how much heat.

Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    I should have been more clear. What would you do now to spend the available money.
    Gotcha.

Ha! Then, if money is no object? hehehehehe. I trade Stanton and eat however much of the contract I need to eat to move him.

Then I would certainly consider Bradley Jr to bolster the OF and move Judge to DH. I keep Clint in RF, move Hicks to LF.
    I still try to make a move for Hader or Castillo.
    But the market has really dried up regarding FAs. Maybe bring back Pax?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Yet you persist. You brought up the forbidden fruit and make excuses for your behavior.
    I know! My god that comment was so debasing and critical. It made clear commentary on that forbidden topic. That topic so taboo we can't even call it by name because that would be Un-PC.
    I think about that comment and how mean and harsh it was. I see now how disparaging and insulting it was. It was worthy of a criminal trial. Thank goodness DrT is here. I can use his hall in creating a plea of insanity and throw myself on the mercy of the court.

My God!! What have I said and done? Oh Johnny, how could I have upset you so greatly? Was it by associating you with those comments in a negative way? Hmm, No.
    Was it by berating either of the individuals mentioned? Hmm, No
    Was It that I commented of something that had to do with that word that starts with a P and ends wit and L? No

Did you notice you were the only person who commented and continues to do so?
    Oh wait.

I am not making an excuse. There is no excuse needed. I made a comment about two people who have similar characteristics.

You interpreted in a way that upset you and continue to relive it by making posts to attain validation or redemption. Keep thinking about that horrible, offensive comment that was made. That comment that criticized and degraded those mentioned. Actually I agree. it was a disgusting display

I already said congratulations. You got the post deleted.
    Your campaign was effective. Your use of political correctness and complaining was masterful
    Again, well done!
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 02-07-2021 at 08:37 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

Dude is 21 and hasnít been above A ball but the twitter is going off on his poise snd command. And how much heat.
    Yep. Day and Phoba have been doing really nice breakdowns of him in the Prospect thread.
    I think he sees some time this year.

Ignorance is bliss

Kid has the making of a absolute stud... I saw him hit 101 4-5 times pitching in the Caribbean Series playoffs and BA is reporting that he hit 103 at the ALT site last yr.

Yep. Day and Phoba have been doing really nice breakdowns of him in the Prospect thread.
    I think he sees some time this year.
    I hoping we see him this yr, i just they don't rush him to get him in the BP because we didn't do enough to improve the BP this yr and with his kinda gas and off speed stuff he would be nasty out of the BP. I've seen multiple article the last couple days suggesting that the Yanks put him in the BP early in the yr. I would think putting him in the BP early and taking away his developmental time as a starter would be a massive mistake. We need him a the TOR in the coming yrs, we have enough high ceiling arms that can fill out the BP if we need them to

If he needs to break in with the BP later in the yr thats fine, i just don't want them to pull a Joba with him because of how effective he could

True. His progress has been well documented in the prospects thread as well as the twitter universe. However no reason to forget Sevy., his rehab is progressing very well. A lot to look forward to!

15. 02-07-2021, 09:44 AM

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Yet you persist. You brought up the forbidden fruit and make excuses for your behavior.
    Guys, please let it go. This is off topic.

If you must, please consider continuing your discussion via DM.