Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 233 of 256 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 3834
  1. #3481
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    The comment refers to the irony of Bauer and the way he is viewed by fans and media and the hypocrisy of those same fans when it comes to talent and ignoring that which they view as character flaws

    People don't want player "A" because he did this...
    They don't want player "B" because he said that...
    Player "C" said and did both but he's really good so, ok. We will take him
    This posting should also be deleted. You are still alluding to the fact that you used political commentary to try to prove a point. I could easily start a campaign on this and multiple other message boards to counterpoint any negative claims by yourself and others and I will if I have to. Instead of politics, you could have mentioned Trevor Bauer's so called history of disparaging women as the example of his social media snafus, not the way he voted in an election.

  2. #3482
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    3
    I gotta say it bothers me watching the Mets and Dodgers attack the free agent market while we are shopping at the bargain basement. Sad timesóand its not like we dont need a lot piecesóthis is far from a complete team.

  3. #3483
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,649
    Dodgers got Bauer per MLB Trade Rumors. They are going to be incredibly tough to beat

  4. #3484
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Dodgers got Bauer per MLB Trade Rumors. They are going to be incredibly tough to beat
    Thatís a lot of money for a dude with a great half season.

  5. #3485
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    3
    He started using sticky stuff while he pitches to get his spin rate up, and hes been lights out ever since. Last years Bauer was the real Bauer.

  6. #3486
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,946
    2:05pm: Bauer and the Dodgers agreed to a three-year deal with opt-out provisions after year one and year two of the contract, ESPNís Jeff Passan reports. MLB.comís Mark Feinsand adds that Bauer is guaranteed a total of $102MM on the deal, which includes a $40MM salary in 2021 and a $45MM salary in 2022. Both marks establish new records for the highest single-season salary, though the contractís overall $34MM average annual value is still a bit shy of Gerrit Coleís record $36MM.MLBTR

    That's a lot of loot.

  7. #3487
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,274
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    2:05pm: Bauer and the Dodgers agreed to a three-year deal with opt-out provisions after year one and year two of the contract, ESPNís Jeff Passan reports. MLB.comís Mark Feinsand adds that Bauer is guaranteed a total of $102MM on the deal, which includes a $40MM salary in 2021 and a $45MM salary in 2022. Both marks establish new records for the highest single-season salary, though the contractís overall $34MM average annual value is still a bit shy of Gerrit Coleís record $36MM.MLBTR

    That's a lot of loot.
    congrats to the 2021 world series champs the dodgers..

  8. #3488
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,274
    dodgers have a 250 million peyroll they are not worried about the high luxury tax great run team and organization i wish the yanks were like the dodgers..

  9. #3489
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,180
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    2:05pm: Bauer and the Dodgers agreed to a three-year deal with opt-out provisions after year one and year two of the contract, ESPNís Jeff Passan reports. MLB.comís Mark Feinsand adds that Bauer is guaranteed a total of $102MM on the deal, which includes a $40MM salary in 2021 and a $45MM salary in 2022. Both marks establish new records for the highest single-season salary, though the contractís overall $34MM average annual value is still a bit shy of Gerrit Coleís record $36MM.MLBTR

    That's a lot of loot.
    I honestly wish i knew who the Dodgers were competing with in order to hand over that type of salary to someone who only had two good seasons, in his career, in 2018 and 2020.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Judge and Stanton have "revamped" their workouts. We seemingly hear this every year.

    I genuinely don't understand why so many athletes turn to yoga. Pilates is often a better system for the types of injuries they suffer.
    I have worked with people on rehabbing more Yoga injuries (Knees, Shoulders, wrists, lower back, neck) than I have CrossFit injuries.
    I have never treated a person for an injury due to Pilates.
    Revamping would be to drop the weight lifting completely and turn to calisthenics. It's quite shocking that the trainers have not forced their players to do this over body building. Getting jacked from lifting weights doesn't keep you healthy, as a baseball player.

  10. #3490
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    36,666
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    dodgers have a 250 million peyroll they are not worried about the high luxury tax great run team and organization i wish the yanks were like the dodgers..
    Incorrect. Their payroll is 239m not 250.

    But please, carry on with your whining as that's all you bring to this forum.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  11. #3491
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    387
    I was really hoping he wasn't going to the Dodgers or Jays. Oh well. We won't have to deal with that rotation until the WS. LOL

    Seriously, though, we are so close to spring training. Yeah! Personally, at this point I don't care if I have to watch Eeyore pitch for the Yankees while complaining to reporters between innings, "I'm not the #2 pitcher the Yankees need and we won't win 85 games" so long as we can start seeing some games.

  12. #3492
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,649
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    I was really hoping he wasn't going to the Dodgers or Jays. Oh well. We won't have to deal with that rotation until the WS. LOL

    Seriously, though, we are so close to spring training. Yeah! Personally, at this point I don't care if I have to watch Eeyore pitch for the Yankees while complaining to reporters between innings, "I'm not the #2 pitcher the Yankees need and we won't win 85 games" so long as we can start seeing some games.
    TMML. I honestly think i'd quit watching Yankee games if i had to watch/listen to him

  13. #3493
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,649
    Remember when Cashman said he absolutely expected us to have the highest payroll in the league this yr
    1) Dodgers 239,768,824
    2) Red Suxs 202,436,667
    3) Angels 201,708,334
    4) Yanks 200.996.667

    I'm shocked at how high the Soxs and Angels payrolls are compared to how good they are expected to be.

    For us it looks like we should spend 2-4m on a BP arm or 2 and save atleast 5m for upgrades at the deadline.
    Last edited by dayners81; 02-05-2021 at 09:59 PM.

  14. #3494
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    36,666
    Day, Ozunaís is headed back to the braves on a 4 year deal.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  15. #3495
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    36,666
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Remember when Cashman said he absolutely expected us to have the highest payroll in the league this yr
    1) Dodgers 239,768,824
    2) Red Suxs 202,436,667
    3) Angels 201,708,334
    4) Yanks 200.996.667

    I'm shocked at how high the Soxs and Angels payrolls are compared to how good they are expected to be.

    For us it looks like we should spend 2-4m on a BP arm or 2 and save atleast 5m for upgrades at the deadline.

    One other thing being reported today thats kind of interesting/ surprising. MLB network and MLB trade rumors are reporting that the Rays have moved to the front of the line for Ozuna. Makes no sense to me that they traded Blake and let Morton walk because their salaries were more than they wanted on their payroll which effectively closed their WS window atleast for this yr. Now they are trying to sign a win now player like Ozuna for more than what it would have cost to keep both Snell and Morton. Seems like an odd plan, especially for them. Maybe it makes sense if they signed him with the intention of flipping him at the deadline to a team in need of a big bat? Paying him for half a yr then flipping him at the deadline for a couple good specs would definitely be a Rays type move
    See above post. And stealing my info from the group to make this post!

    Smh. [emoji854]

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •