Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 227 of 256 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 3834
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I posted it because it came for a very reliable source and that reliable source pulled back hours later. It seemed like he wanted to call the story first. And his alert popped up on my phone as I would have never posted it without the alert.
    I didn't doubt the likelihood. After seeing your post I went and looked and I saw it wasn't done yet.

But especially after the Matz trade, I think it's fair to project the likelihood

Ignorance is bliss

Tanaka AL Ranks 2014-20
    Win% .629 (4th)
    WAR 17.6 (7th)
    ERA 3.74 (9th)
    ERA+ 114 (8th)
    IP 1054.1 (7th)
    BAA .244 (12th)
    OBP .284 (4th)
    K% 23.1 (8th)
    BB% 4.8 (1st)
    K/BB 4.76 (4th)
    (800+ IP for rate stats)”

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Tanaka AL Ranks 2014-20
    Win% .629 (4th)
    WAR 17.6 (7th)
    ERA 3.74 (9th)
    ERA+ 114 (8th)
    IP 1054.1 (7th)
    BAA .244 (12th)
    OBP .284 (4th)
    K% 23.1 (8th)
    BB% 4.8 (1st)
    K/BB 4.76 (4th)
    (800+ IP for rate stats)”
    That is money well spent.

Agree 100%. If the number quoted earlier ($7.5M) on a one year deal is accurate, Yankees dropped the ball.

Agree 100%. If the number quoted earlier ($7.5M) on a one year deal is accurate, Yankees dropped the ball.
    Was that amount available to the Yankees, though? If so, you are right. He is certainly worth that and more unless the Yankees know something about his health we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    Was that amount available to the Yankees, though? If so, you are right. He is certainly worth that and more unless the Yankees know something about his health we don't.
    Fair point. I actually thought there would be more money available in a return to Japan.

Thanks. Are any major media outlets carrying it yet?
    They started their alerts at 7am
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

I would be surprised if he eclipses $25-28M. He needs the Giants, Dodgers, Angels, SD, Mets, Cubs and the Yankees involved.

Mets did move Matz.
    He really only needs 2 of those teams to want him.

So, I read that Tanaka was looking for $18 million from any team other than the Yankees, but was willing to take $15 million from them. Instead, he returned to Japan for $7.5 million. So, if these reports are true, he wanted double the money to stay in the US and even more if it was with a team other than the Yankees.

Good Luck Masahiro.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    So, I read that Tanaka was looking for $18 million from any team other than the Yankees, but was willing to take $15 million from them. Instead, he returned to Japan for $7.5 million. So, if these reports are true, he wanted double the money to stay in the US and even more if it was with a team other than the Yankees.

Good Luck Masahiro.
    Read the same thing. He easily makes up the difference with his endorsements over in Japan. Guy is a legend in his home country.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

New York Yankees: Gio Urshela’ latest health update is extremely encouraging
    By: Andres Chavez
    January 29, 2021

The Yankees’ third baseman is already ahead of schedule
    Boone explained that Urshela has been hitting off a tee, taking ground balls and throwing at the Yankees’ spring training complex. That represents tremendous progress and is an encouraging sign for the Yankees’ overall health outlook.

Actually, it appears that Urshela is progressing ahead of schedule. He should be fine for Opening Day, barring a setback, as he is, little by little, regaining his health to the delight of the team.

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-yo...y-encouraging/

Bryan Hoch
    @BryanHoch

Brian Cashman said that the decision to acquire Corey Kluber/Jameson Taillon over re-signing Masahiro Tanaka was “two for the price of one.”

Bryan Hoch
    @BryanHoch

Brian Cashman said that the decision to acquire Corey Kluber/Jameson Taillon over re-signing Masahiro Tanaka was “two for the price of one.”
    I would have liked Tanaka back also on a 1 year deal for the reported 15m he was asking for.

I would like to put this on him, but it appears ownership is telling him(thus far) to stay under 210.

One can argue which move would have been better but I think between the two, he made the right decision.

I would have liked all 3, personally.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Bryan Hoch
    @BryanHoch

You think this is this true? I can't imagine the 4M extra for Tanaka would have meant they couldn't have afforded Tallion. Seems like BS.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    You think this is this true? I can't imagine the 4M extra for Tanaka would have meant they couldn't have afforded Tallion. Seems like BS.
    Well at the time that 4 million more would have absolutely put them over the 210 threshold.

Also, they hasn't traded Otto yet so I'm not sure if that would have played a part.